Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ivan Toney (oh dear!)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And as for Tomas Franke? What a ****womble.

My heart bleeds for the multi millionaire gambling cheat Ivan Toney. Poor lad- going from 4 star hotel to 4 star hotel having your meals cooked and being bored. FFs- That article is more like propaganda than a defence.

Do your time son and dont do it again. You know the rules and if youre ever again in any doubt dont do it. Think of a bet like a performance enhancing drug- before you take it check if its on the banned list and if it is , dont take it even if its prescribed.

In football there are certain things that the FA try to control that are perfectly legal outside of the game but are regulated to protect the integrity of the game. Betting is one of those things.

He should be banned now and not be selected for England. He has admitted 250 of the 262 offences.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would not be fair on the clubs Brentford have played if he was banned before the remaining matches this season. It would also put those they have to play at an advantage. Any ban should start from next season.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would not be fair on the clubs Brentford have played if he was banned before the remaining matches this season. It would also put those they have to play at an advantage. Any ban should start from next season.
I see that. But the delay is down to the FA. If you plead guilty to 250 chrages then surely you should be dealt with immediately? Toney admitted guilt at the end of February so should have been banned then, He has since scored and turned in match winning performances against Southampton and Fulham. That could send saints down and could prevent Fulham getting in Europe. How is that fair?

Last edited:

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know what you're saying but this is what happens in football. If Mitrovich gets a 10 game ban is it not fair for the teams that have already played Fulham? if they have committed an offence wether on the pitch or off it has to be dealt with in a timely manner. Ultimately every sending off effects other teams. Someone could get sent off in 90th minute against Wolves but miss three matches against our rivals its just the way it goes.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you read the article you’ve posted you’d answer your own questions!

Is he tring to argue that racism made him gamble on football, or those that suffer from racism should go unpunished for breaking FA rules? No, he isn’t.

I’ve read the article, and I’m still none the wiser what point Frank is really trying to make other than it’s not fair to ban Toney. He and the author throw so much whataboutery in an attempt to justify the argument not to ban him it’s a nonsense. That’s my point.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am not condoning what the idiot has done, but he will have played games for Brentford before the news about his betting became public knowledge. The only fair way to deal with it is like I have said before, the long ban should be enforced from next season. If a player gets a red he may miss the odd match or two, but Toney will get, and deserves to get, far more than the odd game.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why has Toney still not had his case heard. The authorities acted quickly enough regarding Mitrovic and Podence. Meanwhile Toney is still playing and scoring.

Edit: Podence is still playing at the moment, but the FA wasted no time in charging him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why has Toney still not had his case heard. The authorities acted quickly enough regarding Mitrovic and Podence. Meanwhile Toney is still playing and scoring.

Edit: Podence is still playing at the moment, but the FA wasted no time in charging him.
Can only be 1 explanation.....it's cause he is English.....and represents the national team...... same way Harry kane can do what he wants, constantly cheating and nothing is done ...

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One thing is certain Podence will be banned well before Toney is.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand Frank’s argument here? Sure racism is utterly abhorrent, but how has that anything to do with Toney breaking FA rules on football betting over 250 times? Is he trying to argue that racism made him gamble on football, or that those who suffer from racism should go unpunished for breaking FA rules?

This from the man that complained about goalkeeper gamesmanship yesterday.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he gets appropriate abuse with regard to his betting habits and I hope he has a stinker.
Appropriate abuse would be for us to wind him up I guess. Unless there's any suspicion of match fixing, it's hardly the crime of the century.

NealC

Reaction score
Wonder how much he made for missing that first penalty yesterday

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did he say?
Its a bunch of "whataboutims" as I see it..

"I understand that they are two separate things and that being racially abused is not mitigation for gambling but it still feels like a confused message. It is hard when it feels as if Ivan is going to be punished more severely for what he is alleged to have done than people who are abusing him."
There certainly are racist motives behind some(not all of course) of the abuse he receives now, and Franks is completely right that it seems like the proportions are a bit off here. Toney is made out the be a villain, while those who use his wrongdoing to racially abuse him, dont get punished. I also think he argues that abuse is worse than gambling, which I actually think he's right about.

However (as he himself actually say), these are to seperate things,.

To me though this is just a manager trying to protect one of his players, which I cant see much wrong in.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Why’s he still playing! He’s admitted to some of the offences so he should be suspended
He’ll probably play next week against us, score, then get banned for 6 months on the Monday morning.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. I agree with every word, but that’s comically hypocritical from Frank. Just because he didn’t get the decisions he wanted and his striker missed a penalty.
The thing is, he said it with a straight face. Not a hint of irony. He may even believe it. Completely forgot the fact that his team are the biggest time wasters in the league.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, he said it with a straight face. Not a hint of irony. He may even believe it. Completely forgot the fact that his team are the biggest time wasters in the league.

He alluded to his team timewasting as “game mgt”, but suggested that sort of thing is ok, it’s the talking to assistant refs and goalkeeper stuff that’s not… He reminds me of Klopp in his attitude.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He alluded to his team timewasting as “game mgt”, but suggested that sort of thing is ok, it’s the talking to assistant refs and goalkeeper stuff that’s not… He reminds me of Klopp in his attitude.
Quite. The clitoris has 8000 nerve endings and is still nowhere near as sensitive as either Frank or Klopp.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Failed a medical with us lol him and Leon Clarke would of been amazing together JACKETT BALL

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve read the article, and I’m still none the wiser what point Frank is really trying to make other than it’s not fair to ban Toney. He and the author throw so much whataboutery in an attempt to justify the argument not to ban him it’s a nonsense. That’s my point.
Frank is a slightly deranged if likeable individual. Don't expect any logic when he is in the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom