Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is the "Project" dead?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The argument about Chinese government demanding businesses to withdraw from investing keeps coming up.

I’m not suggesting that it isn’t true, but can anyone share any evidence of this happening?
So far it seems mainly western governments pulling the plug on Chinese firms.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
I was playing a bit of Devil's advocate here but with the monumental changes that have happened since we were taken over, I could understand a change in Fosun's original plan.
I don't believe that they will pull out of Wolves but continue to invest maybe not as much as they had hope to but if they did sell up, it will be with my heartfelt thanks.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OP reads as phishing to me. Taken as written, no, absolutely not. We’re ahead of schedule, and but for VAR would have been in the CL next season. Next?

D

Deleted member 3518

Same here Rhos, great characters back then in the day, sadly some not with us now, but felt like we had a real camaraderie amongst us all back then.

Too right great days, sadly some of my best mates no longer with us, hope you're doing ok.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Same here Rhos, great characters back then in the day, sadly some not with us now, but felt like we had a real camaraderie amongst us all back then.

We certainly did have a laugh and it was in our relative youth. We got out quickly so we were able to laugh at many oddities of Div 4. Plenty of fans, eg Preston were saying welcome to the down and outs. You've had your time. Fortunately, we can look back all high and mighty and chuckle about trips to Halifax, Rochdale, York, Chester, Torquay, Darlington, Aldershot and Southend, let alone the others.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We must be self sufficient !"
"Only buy players at the right price."
No strong investment since we arrived in the Premier League. The rebuild of Molineux Stadium on halt, apart from a under whelming 500 seat corner stand. Nuno hasn't yet signed a new deal, neither has Boly.
With most of the clubs above us already spending big, the slim chance we had of catching them is fading.
I'm just wondering if all the promises we were given about being challenging for a Champion's League stop, in a brand new sate of the art stadium, have been assessed by Fosun and been found to be too expensive.
You avin a giraffe?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff 2 days ago: “In the long-term, our aims are still the same. There has not been any change. Even in a really big pandemic that could go on for more than a year, that time frame is still a small part of our 10-year, 20-year plan.

For our long-term aims, I’ve repeated it many times, we want to be an elite team in the world.”

This thread 2 days later: “Is the project dead?”

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was good

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No strong investment since we arrived in the Premier League. The rebuild of Molineux Stadium on halt, apart from a under whelming 500 seat corner stand. Nuno hasn't yet signed a new deal, neither has Boly.
With most of the clubs above us already spending big, the slim chance we had of catching them is fading.
I'm just wondering if all the promises we were given about being challenging for a Champion's League stop, in a brand new sate of the art stadium, have been assessed by Fosun and been found to be too expensive.
Judging by this post I'm gonna assume you have nothing intelligent to say. And add you to my ignore list.

Goodbye goodbye horse.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we can buy Adama and Jimenez and make 300% markups , increase the value if the club by 1000%
Attract friends , plaudits and a fast expanding fan base, show Chinese business in an attractive light.
I cant see anyone wanting to end the project yet.
I think we will know a lot more by 31st October .

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a typical ‘TalkSport’ type thread.

A wind up and yet some are giving this oxygen!

Close this plz ffs

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depends on how long the long term plan is, I suppose. Pretty much the same first XI as last season staggered over the finishing line in the same position as last year whilst qualifying for the EL QFs. Next season there is no EL but it could still be a season of development if players and the team improve and we finish higher than this season. I think last season will be seen as excellent and in some quarters an overachievement given that many pundits did not expect us to do as well as we did.

Sometimes, teams go backwards to go forwards. If we can see new players coming in and developing then that is a good sign of long term planning. If we look at last season, Jimmy and Patricio were their usual excellent selves, Traore has to be the most improved player and Neto and Podence in particular look useful. On the other hand, the team finished the season playing some pretty tired, turgid stuff. Neves isn't getting better and I doubt he will in the position he plays week in week out. Jota was mostly poor for most of the season. Doc had a poorer season, Boly not back up to his previous form after his injury.

If we don't get any new signings then we will need to develop our style of play to get better results. Ball retention has to improve markedly as does our ability to be more aggressive and potent in possession, with less reliance on one player getting us out of trouble.
Fifty niner imo your assessment of where we are currently is spot on. I think it will be a tougher League than last year and i’d like to see a few new additions and us playing on the front foot more often.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Drivel....

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Jeff 2 days ago: “In the long-term, our aims are still the same. There has not been any change. Even in a really big pandemic that could go on for more than a year, that time frame is still a small part of our 10-year, 20-year plan.

For our long-term aims, I’ve repeated it many times, we want to be an elite team in the world.”

Makes you wonder what 'fans' like this would be saying, had the project taken 3 years to get us out of the Championship.

Couldn't have ascended any quicker, yet still not good enough for some.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WUM

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I want Jeff to know that I'm nearly 84, in poor heealth so don't have time for all the glory to happen so I want it now! Now Jeff, get it?
Actually I had the real glory in the 50s so no complaints in all honesty, we ain't doing too badly although could be better.

Last edited:

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devil’s advocate ... **** stirring more like

Seek help

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll find out if Nuno signs a new deal.

He was 'closing in' on a new contract five weeks ago and Boly was 'on the verge' of signing a long-term deal in July and an announcement was 'likely in the coming weeks'. It has been over two months.

This isn't me saying they aren't signing but it's understandable that supporters are worried, even if the OP is slightly over the top.

We know Nuno's only staying if he's backed and given assurances for the future and it's logical to think that Boly will only stay if Nuno stays. So, the fact they haven't signed is slightly concerning to me.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right great days, sadly some of my best mates no longer with us, hope you're doing ok.
Even the Bhatti seasons, as bad as they were, united us fans, always seeing the same faces each game. Made some great friends back then as there wasn't many of us about. My Telford Wolves days when I was a kid.

D

Deleted member 3518

Even the Bhatti seasons, as bad as they were, united us fans, always seeing the same faces each game. Made some great friends back then as there wasn't many of us about. My Telford Wolves days when I was a kid.
Loved those days, some of the best following my club.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it's not dead, we just can't afford to spend over hundred million every transfer window :confused:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know Nuno's only staying if he's backed and given assurances for the future and it's logical to think that Boly will only stay if Nuno stays
Where have you heard this, could you post a link? Otherwise its pure speculation.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have you heard this, could you post a link? Otherwise its pure speculation.

There's plenty more following his comments about needing new players as well. It also wouldn't be 'pure speculation' either, it would make total sense. Why would he stay? He's ambitious and will want the club to meet his ambitions, it's obvious to most people.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's plenty more following his comments about needing new players as well. It also wouldn't be 'pure speculation' either, it would make total sense. Why would he stay? He's ambitious and will want the club to meet his ambitions, it's obvious to most people.
Where does that state he will leave if he doesn't get backed and assurances? It does make sense, but I've not heard anything about him threatening to leave if not. It's just scaremongering.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll find out if Nuno signs a new deal.

He was 'closing in' on a new contract five weeks ago and Boly was 'on the verge' of signing a long-term deal in July and an announcement was 'likely in the coming weeks'. It has been over two months.

This isn't me saying they aren't signing but it's understandable that supporters are worried, even if the OP is slightly over the top.

We know Nuno's only staying if he's backed and given assurances for the future and it's logical to think that Boly will only stay if Nuno stays. So, the fact they haven't signed is slightly concerning to me.

Surely we'll hear soon right? The season is a few weeks away. I can understand anxiety about Nuno.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is talking about a 20 year timespan and that we're ahead of schedule?
Chelsea have been self-sufficient for years based on a massive youth and asset management system bringing through profits which add up significantly, and also put their stadium redevelopment on hold.
We may not have invested as much as Abramovich did initially, but he's not been in the country for the last 2 years and Chelsea are doing OK, even after a transfer ban.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does that state he will leave if he doesn't get backed and assurances? It does make sense, but I've not heard anything about him threatening to leave if not. It's just scaremongering.

It says; "First up, anxious Wolves will draw up a battle plan to keep the 46-year-old at the club with a new deal along with a promise to give him the players he needs to try and crack the elite top six."

So the fact nothing has been announced would lead to people thinking that may be an issue.

Again, I'm not saying he isn't signing but seriously it doesn't look good.

On what planet does a club outside the elite let a manager who has done extremely well and could easily find another very good job let them enter the final year of their deal? Likewise, Boly. He's one of our most important players and has less than a year left on his deal yet nobody seems bothered?

At best it's not a good look, at worst they're off.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is staying as is Boly. Next season is THE season! We’re back and we’re competitive and now we’re freed from the Europa slog.

We have a pure season coming and just need to get off to a solid start. I fear a hangover from the exertions of the season just ended. If we can add a bit of quality we’re guaranteed an even better season this time!!

Hope that’s not too positive for the naysayers that inspire a thread like this. Perhaps I should have posted a positivity warning before I started...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th twice (only VAR stopped us finishing higher in my opinion), fa cup semi final and quarter final of the Europa league, some of the best players I've seen in my time in a Wolves shirt....... yep project is dead ;)

Yet some seem to prefer watching us in League 1.

D

Deleted member 3518

Nuno is staying as is Boly. Next season is THE season! We’re back and we’re competitive and now we’re freed from the Europa slog.

We have a pure season coming and just need to get off to a solid start. I fear a hangover from the exertions of the season just ended. If we can add a bit of quality we’re guaranteed an even better season this time!!

Hope that’s not too positive for the naysayers that inspire a thread like this. Perhaps I should have posted a positivity warning before I started...
Great post Waggy mate, hope to see you soon

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is positive and it's what we want to happen but it's pointless as you don't know.

We have been told Nuno was signing and we have been told Boly was signing and we were told they would be sorted by now but they haven't yet. Why?

Back
Top Bottom