Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is the "Project" dead?

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
"We must be self sufficient !"
"Only buy players at the right price."
No strong investment since we arrived in the Premier League. The rebuild of Molineux Stadium on halt, apart from a under whelming 500 seat corner stand. Nuno hasn't yet signed a new deal, neither has Boly.
With most of the clubs above us already spending big, the slim chance we had of catching them is fading.
I'm just wondering if all the promises we were given about being challenging for a Champion's League stop, in a brand new sate of the art stadium, have been assessed by Fosun and been found to be too expensive.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No strong investment since we arrived in the Premier League. The rebuild of Molineux Stadium on halt, apart from a under whelming 500 seat corner stand. Nuno hasn't yet signed a new deal, neither has Boly.
With most of the clubs above us already spending big, the slim chance we had of catching them is fading.
I'm just wondering if all the promises we were given about being challenging for a Champion's League stop, in a brand new sate of the art stadium, have been assessed by Fosun and been found to be too expensive.
at the moment maybe but jeff is saying 10/20years .long time scale.earth could be wiped out by another covid but still looking forward to new season

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on how long the long term plan is, I suppose. Pretty much the same first XI as last season staggered over the finishing line in the same position as last year whilst qualifying for the EL QFs. Next season there is no EL but it could still be a season of development if players and the team improve and we finish higher than this season. I think last season will be seen as excellent and in some quarters an overachievement given that many pundits did not expect us to do as well as we did.

Sometimes, teams go backwards to go forwards. If we can see new players coming in and developing then that is a good sign of long term planning. If we look at last season, Jimmy and Patricio were their usual excellent selves, Traore has to be the most improved player and Neto and Podence in particular look useful. On the other hand, the team finished the season playing some pretty tired, turgid stuff. Neves isn't getting better and I doubt he will in the position he plays week in week out. Jota was mostly poor for most of the season. Doc had a poorer season, Boly not back up to his previous form after his injury.

If we don't get any new signings then we will need to develop our style of play to get better results. Ball retention has to improve markedly as does our ability to be more aggressive and potent in possession, with less reliance on one player getting us out of trouble.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the taps haven't been turned off.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Brickbats coming your way

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Project is ahead of schedule as it stands, but I think Fosun are trying to be sensible about it all. Yes, its easy to throw quick money at it and hope it all sticks. What they want to do is balance 'throwing money at it' with 'make us sustainable long term'. They are trying to make us great again bit by bit, year by year. We may have seasons where we go backwards, but hopefully long-term the rise is gradual and steady - so should, heaven forbid, Fosun DO pull the plug at some point in the future - they will be leaving a beast of a club that can continue, rather than a bankrupt one in debt.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
Chinese government backtrack on pushing football investment, along with the huge inflation of players value after the Neymar transfer, along with an uncertain future due to Covid. It's certainly a conversation worth having, all business plans are flexible and change with time and these are certainly unprecedented times.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is how you do a troll post, good work.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Chinese government backtrack on pushing football investment, along with the huge inflation of players value after the Neymar transfer, along with an uncertain future due to Covid. It's certainly a conversation worth having, all business plans are flexible and change with time and these are certainly unprecedented times.
I didn’t think the project was to out spend the established elite but was always to box clever with gradual improvement. I would say the project is alive but of course there’s no guarantees how long it will continue.
Personally I’m just enjoying it while it lasts and if it goes belly up so be it I’ll still be going to watch the team.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4436

It feels like you’ve picked some points out of the interview to prove an argument.

He also talked about reaching the summit being a slow process, which indicates that they’re in this for the long term.

The thread could literally have been: Fosun and their long-term vision.

D

Deleted member 4436

The argument about Chinese government demanding businesses to withdraw from investing keeps coming up.

I’m not suggesting that it isn’t true, but can anyone share any evidence of this happening?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on the original timeline we were due to be just finishing our first season in the premier league maybe 10-15th. so, we are ahead of schedule. but the world has changed. football hasn't escaped Covid. so, waiting to gradually rebuild Molineux makes sense. no player investment apart from Patricio, Traore, Jiminez., neto, Podence and Cutrone ......

bit of an overreaction methinks. but as other posters have said, if it all goes tits i dont care, its been great and i will still be a wolves supporter. until I die

Back
Top Bottom