Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it time

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno on his bike, Saiss off and Neves allegedly gone in the next transfer window.

Wheels pinging orf! Over to Jeff.
Don't forget Neto and Adama to Liverpool, also.

Perhaps Fosun are about to buy Liverpool after selling us?

We are, after all, living in strange times.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Hasenhuttl would be worth a shout, decent job at Saints with not much money and did a good job at Leipzig before them.
Saints fans have turned on him tonight. But I guess you could read this forum and assume that nearly everybody has turned on Nuno.

Social media rarely gives an accurate picture.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who refuse to even countenance Nuno being replaced or give time of day to those calling for it, I’d genuinely be interested in knowing:

- Do you enjoy watching us play?

- What is the last game you enjoyed watching?

- Do you think the performances and/or results in the last 12/15 games are acceptable?

- If not, who is to blame?

- What do you see in the performances that gives you belief Nuno can turn this around?

- Do you think Nuno is getting the best out of the players at his disposal?

Has Nuno given us the best years in the last 40 years of supporting Wolves?

Does he deserve our loyalty, or do we **** on him?

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry for being out of the loop on this, but what exactly was the "Ryan Bennett thing"? Seen a few comments recently about Bennett being disruptive in the squad and ultimately being pushed out the door because of it but have never heard

any details. Can someone please enlighten me?
playing around with Jota’s wife, is what I heard and bombed out the squad

bonatini another one putting it about and upsetting the ‘pack’

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Ill be gutted if this is true , not sure if he has the final say but think spending 70m on Silva & Semedo was his downfall

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to put a few words down in writing. I'm not a happy clapper I just see things how I see them.

The game today was horrific. Turgid, at best. So ****ed off. There are a thousand speculations about why that might be, but I don't care because none of us know why. Not really. There are many on here that think they know, lots of theories - told you in the summer blah blah nonsense - but really, they're as full of **** as anyone.

This run we're on is bad, really bad. The football is just not clicking, it isn't. I didn't enjoy that one bit today and I felt so down afterwards I just crawled up in the foetal position on the sofa and went to sleep for 2 hrs feeling so down. So miserable. I didn't even want to eat, drink, watch any TV, do anything really.

It's a bit of everything - I'm on my own in Switzerland, my wife and youngest daughter in Manchester. Neither of us can travel to see each other. Work is absolutely crap at the moment, so stressful. I can barely leave the house. But with football being so bad - and it's been a while since it's been this bad, but it just makes everything seem 10x worse than it is.

Then I go on twitter and see that someone "itk" says Nuno is being sacked on Monday, and for a brief moment, I felt sick. Physically sick.

I don't claim to know a lot of things, but I do know that this is *not* the answer.

Nuno is the conductor of this renaissance. This new Wolves. This new era. The regeneration of the area - he is part of this city, and we are a part of him. He just donated 250k of his own money to support the local foundation, to support the children in poverty in our town. Think about that. And think about it again. Don't you get it? This club *is* him.

We can all sit around in pubs for years debating about whether Nuno is the greatest manager since Cullis or not, but not in my lifetime - 51 years - have I ever felt this close to our club, and I've never been so far away from the city as I am now. And this is down to him. This is way, way deeper than just him managing our team, his philosophy has taken our club to a level that we could only dream about a few years ago.

Nuno Espirito Santo transcends this job because to him it's more than a job. It's a way of life. It's not just Wolves to him, it's Wolverhampton.

He will take us out of this situation. Yes, he's learning. Yes, the players are learning. But - I don't care. Because they will learn how to get out of this situation, and they will all take us forward. Together.

We won't go down - yeah, yeah I know you're gonna give examples of teams who've gone down who didn't think they would - but this is different. We are different. Nuno is different. And these players are different - different class.
They will sort it. They will get it right. We will get through this **** season, we will get the fans back, and we will all be together soon and can continue our journey.

The pack is stronger - together. Nuno knows.

I believe Fosun know too.

He will get it right.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to put a few words down in writing. I'm not a happy clapper I just see things how I see them.

The game today was horrific. Turgid, at best. So ****ed off. There are a thousand speculations about why that might be, but I don't care because none of us know why. Not really. There are many on here that think they know, lots of theories - told you in the summer blah blah nonsense - but really, they're as full of **** as anyone.

This run we're on is bad, really bad. The football is just not clicking, it isn't. I didn't enjoy that one bit today and I felt so down afterwards I just crawled up in the foetal position on the sofa and went to sleep for 2 hrs feeling so down. So miserable. I didn't even want to eat, drink, watch any TV, do anything really.

It's a bit of everything - I'm on my own in Switzerland, my wife and youngest daughter in Manchester. Neither of us can travel to see each other. Work is absolutely crap at the moment, so stressful. I can barely leave the house. But with football being so bad - and it's been a while since it's been this bad, but it just makes everything seem 10x worse than it is.

Then I go on twitter and see that someone "itk" says Nuno is being sacked on Monday, and for a brief moment, I felt sick. Physically sick.

I don't claim to know a lot of things, but I do know that this is *not* the answer.

Nuno is the conductor of this renaissance. This new Wolves. This new era. The regeneration of the area - he is part of this city, and we are a part of him. He just donated 250k of his own money to support the local foundation, to support the children in poverty in our town. Think about that. And think about it again. Don't you get it? This club *is* him.

We can all sit around in pubs for years debating about whether Nuno is the greatest manager since Cullis or not, but not in my lifetime - 51 years - have I ever felt this close to our club, and I've never been so far away from the city as I am now. And this is down to him. This is way, way deeper than just him managing our team, his philosophy has taken our club to a level that we could only dream about a few years ago.

Nuno Espirito Santo transcends this job because to him it's more than a job. It's a way of life. It's not just Wolves to him, it's Wolverhampton.

He will take us out of this situation. Yes, he's learning. Yes, the players are learning. But - I don't care. Because they will learn how to get out of this situation, and they will all take us forward. Together.

We won't go down - yeah, yeah I know you're gonna give examples of teams who've gone down who didn't think they would - but this is different. We are different. Nuno is different. And these players are different - different class.
They will sort it. They will get it right. We will get through this **** season, we will get the fans back, and we will all be together soon and can continue our journey.

He will get it right.

Great post.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for the response. It's pretty shocking (if true) and, yes, it does put a whole different complexion both on Jota's performances last season and on his reasons for wanting to leave.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Heard that too...

Also saw a tweet after we played Liverpool I think it was that want something like...

“The Wolves defence, again, like Diogo Jota’s missus, looked a lot happier with Ryan Bennett in it”

Or words to that effect.

Childish, yes... but made me giggle.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will get it right.
Superb post; best on here in recent times by a country mile.

Hope you get to see your wife and daughter again soon and that work sorts itself out for you. I agree that Nuno will sort the other current aggravation.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Debatable. I have equally cherished memories of Paul Cook, playing West Brom off the pitch under Graham Taylor, standing directly behind the goal with what seemed like 1000 other people for an incredible penalty shootout against Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff 2003, the first time I ever saw the re-built Molineux in all of it's glory and the subsequent Honved friendly..... there are a lot of "best years" for me, really.

Most successful != Best

Yes, he deserves our loyalty. No, that should not be at the cost of everything we've accomplished over the last four years as that would be utterly futile.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, it is time. Time to man up and stop being so NEGATIVE on every thread. You lot are affecting my mental health FFS. Nuno is our man until someone with the power to make that decision says differently. Times are **** right now but we've been through worse and bounced back, both as a club and as a nation. Unity is strength so stop being so ****ing divisive. OODCL.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score

It would be nice to hear some arguments as to why he should stay, hence me asking the questions.

As the results continue to worsen, asking people to pledge loyalty based on previous successes holds less weight.

Reactions: DPE

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Debatable. I have equally cherished memories of Paul Cook, playing West Brom off the pitch under Graham Taylor, standing directly behind the goal with what seemed like 1000 other people for an incredible penalty shootout against Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff 2003, the first time I ever saw the re-built Molineux in all of it's glory and the subsequent Honved friendly..... there are a lot of "best years" for me, really.

Most successful != Best

Yes, he deserves our loyalty. No, that should not be at the cost of everything we've accomplished over the last four years as that would be utterly futile.

Yes they were good times, but Nuno has taken us to 7th in the PL two years running, Q/F of the Europa League and an FA cup semi final, all in the last 2 years.
More importantly, he put us back on the map.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It's pretty shocking (if true) and, yes, it does put a whole different complexion both on Jota's performances last season and on his reasons for wanting to leave.
.... and indeed, if true, why Bennett was so comprehensively bombed out of the squad.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who refuse to even countenance Nuno being replaced or give time of day to those calling for it, I’d genuinely be interested in knowing:

- Do you enjoy watching us play?

- What is the last game you enjoyed watching?

- Do you think the performances and/or results in the last 12/15 games are acceptable?

- If not, who is to blame?

- What do you see in the performances that gives you belief Nuno can turn this around?

- Do you think Nuno is getting the best out of the players at his disposal?

- No.

- Arsenal away, but it was overshadowed obviously.

- No

- Nuno, as I feel he has the approach all wrong, such as playing a back four when we didn’t have the attacking players, and a five when we do have the attacking talent.
Also, and mainly, the board. The squad was simply not good enough in three key areas; CB, CM, CF. The summer window was inexplicably bad

- Nothing, right now.

- No.

That’s my honest answers. But I think we owe the best manager we’ve had in a generation more time. It’s his first really bad run, and after all the success he’s brought, we should hope he can turn it around, even if it’s more hope than belief.

I’m all for questioning/criticising Nuno, and you can see I genuinely don’t know if he’ll turn it around, but we owe him time.

1st, 7th, 7th. European football.

He delivered that.

Even just with the donation, he cares. You can’t throw all that away for a bad 10-15 game spell.

I’m actually of the opinion, if we go down, we go down. Nuno took us here, let him have the season, no matter what.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where’d you hear that?
If it’s not from a reliable source then not sure we should be spreading it further. I mean, what if it’s not true?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure who would be on any potential shortlist at the moment.

Bruno Lage (Gestifute client)
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe
Leonardo Jardim
Rafa Benitez

Bruno Lage is terrible.
Marco Silva is barley an upgrade
Howe for me was always underrated and got relegated last year
Rafa Benitez might aswell keep Nuno it's the same football.

Rather keep Nuno and hope he gets back to his old self

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ill be gutted if this is true , not sure if he has the final say but think spending 70m on Silva & Semedo was his downfall

No way would a manager sanction spending £35m on Silva. I’d go as to say that Nuno has been picking him to spite the owners to highlight just how bad he is (not to mention what his wages have done to disrupt the unity of the squad)
it’s like today, Nuno put him on, for what? It certainly wasn’t to rescue the game, as soon as Silva was ready to go it signaled game over.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think anyone at the club thought relegation was a possibility until west brom game thats half the problem.Its been obvious for a while.I really think if nuno doesn't turn it around soon they will sack him.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Theres a few managers out there who could do a decent job in rafa, I thought Olympiacos played some good football and outplayed us over both legs to be honest so there could be Pedro Martins. For the record I dont think its time to call Nuno out yet, he needs this season and the start of next at least but he doesn't look happy, it may be him wanting out more so than us wanting him out. Just an opinion of mine.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggesting that we need a manager that could give players a kick up the back side does not suggest someone needs help @Mutchy ban this muppet mental health is a big issue these days
U ok hun?

Pearson is an idiot. You think hes an upgrade on Nuno? Have a word with yourself.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want him to stay and sort this out, and i'm really not advocating him being sacked, but you cant really argue with the form table. Its sackable form in the current football climate. Currently, we look mentally and physically shot. I didnt think we would get dragged into a relagation battle, but i think i got that wrong. With what i am seeing its going to be close. If we bring in another player to change the midfield dynamic, i think we will actually go on a good run of form. I dont think our midfielders are bad players, but its just not working for them.
I agree. Pointlesd sacking Nuno now. Window closes in less than 48 hours. New manager would be left with same players.
Will be bring anyone in. I doubt it unless we take a punt on AMN on loan initially.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the rules changing with brexit and more focus on British players , should we be looking at someone with more experience in English football?

R

reanswolf

Be careful for what you wish for.

I know this irritates people, but it is so true.

Lets hope Nuno can fix the obvious issues and whilst its such a shame we have self-inflicted this decline to some degree, he is the man to address the issues.

Judge him when he has his key players back from injury. If we stay up or not, I expect major outgoings and changes over summer in the playing staff.

Hopefully with Nuno still at the helm.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will get it right.
Bravo.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U ok hun?

Pearson is an idiot. You think hes an upgrade on Nuno? Have a word with yourself.
Not what I said. I said he would galvanise the team which is what we need not an upgrade but okay keep twisting my words keyboard warrior!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will get it right.
I agree, and can relate, to so much of this. Great post.

However, I fear you are massively underestimating the very real threat of relegation.

I pray to god however that you are right and I am wrong.

As I say though, so much else in that post I totally relate too. Life really is pretty crap at present.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like being religious then, you better believe just in case your wrong
There are something like 2600 recorded deities throughout history. The only difference between atheists like me and religious folk is that they don't believe in 2599 gods whereas I don't believe in 2600.

Believe in one if you like as insurance, but if you believe in the wrong one....

Back
Top Bottom