Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it time

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
As much as I love Nuno and appreciate the job he has done something is really off this season.
It is heartbreaking to think this but is it actually time to say this is the end.

The issues go far deeper than a striker it has been obvious for weeks now something is not right.

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Do we really need a thread on this every time we go a goal down?
I think it’s quite relevant. This is not about today this has been happening for weeks now. When does the club address it when we go down because the likes of Albion will only need a sniff to up their own confidence and we will be in it.

Some fans can keep burying head in sand but it’s happening and as great as Nuno has been are you happy with what is going on because I’m not.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not a remove nuno fan, but I've stopped enjoying this football. Perhaps it is time. We are bottom of the form guide after 8 games. If there's no improvement in the next few games I think we have to make some noise. There's too many good players out there not looking happy and lost of idea

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have pulled the trigger weeks ok he looks lost , the team look lost unless we signnhalf a new team by Monday the only other option is to sack him or were as good as down.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's never going to take us to the next level so it seems like treading water is the best we can hope for. He won't be sacked though.

D

Deleted member 4184

He has Arsenal and Leicester to save his job IMO. Thats what Fosun will be thinking

D

Deleted member 8913

I'd have pulled the trigger weeks ok he looks lost , the team look lost unless we signnhalf a new team by Monday the only other option is to sack him or were as good as down.
Would you have also got in two new players and injected 60 million pounds into the club ? Or just fire the lot and hope for the best ?

fat frank needs a job but not sure he would slum it in the westmidlands

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score

AlwaysAwolf

Reaction score
Lopetegui is the man to take us to the next level. I am not sure he would leave Sevilla mid season but I can see him coming this Summer. His teams play brilliant attacking football (as we saw in the Europa against us) whilst also maintaining defensive solidity. Fosun please get this man in he is the perfect replacement.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS! Another Nuno out thread.

Some of his players need to step up. Patricio should have saved that. Coady all over the place. Mont and Donk poor. Podence underperforming.
Yet he keeps picking them

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like most on here, I'm a huge Nuno fan. But to have this team of players who finished 7th twice sleepwalking towards relegation is pretty abysmal.

If we go down with this team (which is entirely plausible - more so each week in fact), it will be one of the worst 'too good to go down' occurrences in PL history.

D

Deleted member 4008

Who do you bring in though to push us on with the players we have and project ? Surely another Portuguese manager and coaching staff or half our squad will want out if we announce some random manager . That's the problem with this project that you limit yourself to certain things imo .

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do you bring in though to push us on with the players we have and project ? Surely another Portuguese manager and coaching staff or half our squad will want out if we announce some random manager . That's the problem with this project that you limit yourself to certain things imo .
Agree with this. We are somewhat hamstrung by the approach we've taken. All fine when it's working, but problematic when then holes begin to.show.

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
I feel like a heretic saying it but if someone half decent is available we might need to give it a go. We can’t keep looking back to good times as eventually even the best managers run out of points in the bank

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of our 'supporters' clearly didn't learn the lesson from 2012 that February is NEVER the time to replace the man in the hotseat. Inquest at the end of the season, not now FFS!
Absolutely correct. I don’t think it’s time, but even if I did, this is not the right time. It’s not just Nuno, his the entire backroom staff that would leave and need replacing. He deserves the time to turn this around, but if this level of form continues, even if we survive, I think he will be out in the summer.

D

Deleted member 4008

Some of our 'supporters' clearly didn't learn the lesson from 2012 that February is NEVER the time to replace the man in the hotseat. Inquest at the end of the season, not now FFS!
Yes totally agree no way I would get rid of Nuno now . But in the summer club needs to think what we want as the football style needs to improve or he will be gone as we won't progress with this type of football.

I have said many times Porto fans said get use to one nil wins . So Nuno needs to change his football style or he is gone . As no club that wants progression can sit back or they go backwards. Yes Nuno is the best manager I have seen at wolves as a fan but no sentiment in football . Or Ranieri would still be at Leicester .

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is everyone surprised this is happening? Hasn’t it happened at every other job Nuno has been at?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suspect Fosun will give him the next couple of games, but it does seem like insanity to expect things to change under Nuno. We've been in freefall for months so would hope Fosun have had the foresight to have their next manager identified.

Really sad end to Nuno's time at Wolves, but needs must.

Back
Top Bottom