Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ipswich Verdict

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole team played well tonight, very well and thoroughly deserved all 3 points
Stone wall penalty not given in the first half
MOTM Saiss absolute class act brilliant
Dissapointing not to come away with 3 points and dissapointed with the lack of subs he should have brought on Costa 15/20 minutes earlier
Good to meet up with Essex and have a couple of pints with him

D

Deleted member 3518

The whole team played well tonight, very well and thoroughly deserved all 3 points
Dissapointing not to come away with 3 points and dissapointed with the lack of subs he should have brought on Costa 15/20 minutes earlier

Safe trip home mate!!

Who's this Saiss guy, where's he been for the last few weeks?:confused:

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
Thought Saiss was quiet first half but 2nd half was completely different player, seemed to be everywhere. Hause was poor, I don't trust him with the ball at his feet at all. Ikeme needs to be a hell of a lot quicker releasing the ball aswell.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected to lose, but sounds like we deserved all three points. Good to draw a line under the losing streak at least, and even a point is valuable at this stage. If we could just win on Saturday, then perhaps we can start to turn the "luck" around.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hearing Edwards was crap again. Would like to hear from those that went how he played. How did Weimann play? Was he non existent again?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From what I heard on the comms I fully agree that the team played their heart out and fully deserved all three points.
However I do think they were let down by Lambert who failed to bring on anyone at all until 8 minutes from the end.
He seems to have lost his nerve.

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd like to know if the saiss price combination had any merit. I'd also like to know if Weimann managed to show more technical ability this time out. Marshall sounds to be coming into his own, does he keep it out wide or cut in often or 50/50?
One final question. Is saville providing anything worth while as a left back, or is it best to just keep Doherty there and free up the right back position for someone who can do more?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm surprised at the glowing terms. Mikey and Thommo were bored to tears at half-time and only seemed roused about 20minutes from the end.
Still an away point is still an away point. Can't fault that. Especially with a clean sheet after 6 beatings on the bounce.

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
Personally I thought Weimann played ok as well as Marshall, It did seem at times though Doc was covering RB and LB as Saville kept drifting into CM so there wasn't a lot of support for either of them.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Saiss was quiet first half but 2nd half was completely different player, seemed to be everywhere. Hause was poor, I don't trust him with the ball at his feet at all. Ikeme needs to be a hell of a lot quicker releasing the ball aswell.
In the first half he won every header and every loose ball in front of our back four and controlled the midfield IMO Saiss had a good first half and a great second half
Agree about Hause and Ikeme

D

Deleted member 3518

Touché :D

Still, good to know that we played well and not as awfully as many who never saw the game think.

True, would have settled for a point beforehand but think we could have given it a better go.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Touché :D

Still, good to know that we played well and not as awfully as many who never saw the game think.
We were better than Ipswich according to comms. Nobody said we played well!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been in the Saiss the Saviour camp but seeing him today I saw the light. Hallelujah! He was great defensively, spread play well with a good range of passes, and looked comfortable on the ball. Him, Edwards and Bod would be the first names on the team sheet for me.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marshall had a decent game. Edwards was good, won the ball back a few times and closed down well. Weimann was poor
Weimann had a good game that's not just my opinion.
After reading this post I asked everyone on the coach and everyone said he had a decent/good game

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, would have settled for a point beforehand but think we could have given it a better go.
I agree with this. I can't understand why he didn't utilise the subs sooner.

At the end of the day, a win on Saturday and tonight will be seen as a good point; a draw or defeat on Saturday and tonight's point doesn't matter. Lambert knows this. Over to you Wolves!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Cheers Ercall. Well done to you and the other 442! Huge respect to all of you.

Sounds as if performances are starting to take a slight turn for the better (they couldn't have got any worse), although I'd snatch your hand off for an ugly 1-0 win at the moment.

Not playing Saiss for so long looks more ridiculous by the week.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Ercall. Well done to you and the other 442! Huge respect to all of you.

Sounds as if performances are starting to take a slight turn for the better (they couldn't have got any worse), although I'd snatch your hand off for an ugly 1-0 win at the moment.

Not playing Saiss for so long looks more ridiculous by the week.

All we can hope for is that Lambert has realised this error and plays him, injury notwithstanding, for the rest of the season.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the benefit of hindsight it feels like we could have got a win with a more adventurous line up however before the game I would've taken a point. I'd have taken nil nil and bringing Costa on with ten to go. We hit the woodwork definitely once, maybe twice.
I can understand Lambert's pragmatic approach tonight to make sure we have all our best players firing on Saturday when we really must win.

*i didn't go

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's good to read honest opinions from people who were there and always say what they think without favourites etc...trouble is too many with preconceived ideas still spout their usual lines. I'm encouraged that there are reports of decent games from the likes of Marshall but get the impression some people really don't want to read that..

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the report of one person who went is gospel? That's not what I was hearing!

Who have you heard from? If it's people phoning into the radio, did they go or relaying what they've heard from the commentary.

So far on here Ercall Wolves has posted a verdict. I'm more inclined to take the opinion of a fan who went to those that listened to commentary.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He set us up for a nil nil tonight. He won't pick that team again!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weimann had a good game that's not just my opinion.
After reading this post I asked everyone on the coach and everyone said he had a decent/good game
Really? Football's funny isn't it? I thought he was chasing his tail all game

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who have you heard from? If it's people phoning into the radio, did they go or relaying what they've heard from the commentary.

So far on here Ercall Wolves has posted a verdict. I'm more inclined to take the opinion of a fan who went to those that listened to commentary.
That's fine. Anything else you want to have a pop at?

D

Deleted member 3518

I'd certainly take Ercall's verdict as being reliable, unlike the **** I generally post after a game.

Back
Top Bottom