Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Iorfa signs new deal

A

AlexWWFC

Excellent news, can we now stop with the, we'll just sell our best young players?

Had a poor game at Ipswich but this lad has kept the best LW/LM in the Championship in his pocket all season, I do still feel there is something a bit special building at Wolves.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgrace Jonzy! Where was the exclusive?!
Being serious, great news.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Excellent news, can we now stop with the, we'll just sell our best young players?

Had a poor game at Ipswich but this lad has kept the best LW/LM in the Championship in his pocket all season, I do still feel there is something a bit special building at Wolves.

I am not saying we will sell him in the short term Alex but these longer contracts protect the club's interests when other clubs come sniffing .Longer contracts tend to protect fees rather than having players in the last year of one going for a song.

D

Deleted member 4456

Great news. Just think of the money we could get if we sold him in January. :D

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It is great news, but let's be honest and admit is to protect our investment, so to speak. If a decent offer comes in January (more likely next summer) he will be off, but for a large transfer fee.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way he will be sold in January. In fact I will stick my neck out and say he wont be sold in the summer, either.

A

AlexWWFC

I am not saying we will sell him in the short term Alex but these longer contracts protect the club's interests when other clubs come sniffing .Longer contracts tend to protect fees rather than having players in the last year of one going for a song.

I do agree Jonzy but I still maintain the club haven't done anything to suggest this is the long term plan, they have turned down big money for our best young players and until that changes I still believe that the club are going to keep their best young players and build a team capable of promotion.

Hause, Iorfa, Batth (maybe), Price, Graham, Byrne, Afobe In a couple of years could tear this league apart and yes I understand people don't want to wait but atleast we'll be back in the prem with a young team capable of improvement, with the likes of Bright and Ronan breaking in.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news but the vultures will be around in January and next summer. Much will depend on whether the club has new owners and a new direction sooner rather than later. Tremendous prospect no doubt about it.

If he Hause, Price, Dicko, Afobe, Evans, Enobakhare, Ronan, Graham, Bancessi, Ennis and perhaps Hunte can stick together at the club and develop we will have the core of a very decent team that should at least have a chance of promotion one day with a bit of help in terms of a quality signing or two. But the club will have to be able to resist some tempting offers and show that there really is at least some ambition somewhere amongst all the poor decisions and idiocies.

Signing up McDonald and this signing equally so have been the most important events of the season. .These are the types of player that will make the difference. This season is a write off sadly barring miracles but if the likes of Graham, Price, Hause, Enobakhare and co can keep maturing we should be stronger next season (as long as we hang on to Afobe and add a couple of intelligent signings).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Best news all season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like Iorfa. On his day there's not a winger in the league who would get the better of him. He IS one of the 'youth' we should be enthusiastic about.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news but the cynic in me says all it will do is ensure we can get a decent fee for him when he leaves.

I think a midtable Prem club will come in for him in the summer.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I do agree Jonzy but I still maintain the club haven't done anything to suggest this is the long term plan, they have turned down big money for our best young players and until that changes I still believe that the club are going to keep their best young players and build a team capable of promotion.

Hause, Iorfa, Batth (maybe), Price, Graham, Byrne, Afobe In a couple of years could tear this league apart and yes I understand people don't want to wait but atleast we'll be back in the prem with a young team capable of improvement, with the likes of Bright and Ronan breaking in.

Got to disagree. This league has a lot of sides who have spent a lot of money on proven players, it will never be easy, and the money is just increasing.

I also clearly don't think some of those players are anywhere near the level you do.

Great news tying him down, it does protect us but he's got a lot more to prove until a side will spend near a fee we would require. Also good news because he is a good player for us!

A

AlexWWFC

Really like Iorfa. On his day there's not a winger in the league who would get the better of him. He IS one of the 'youth' we should be enthusiastic about.

Nothing to base this on other than opinion but I think he could keep the majority of bottom 10 prem teams, LW/LM in his pocket as well.

D

There is not a winger who will physically out-run, or take him on.
The issue is his brain and positioning.
Ipswich goal, whilst Ikeme was out of position, if Iorfa was goal-side they wouldn't have scored, this is where he needs to improve, physically he has it all.

A

AlexWWFC

Got to disagree. This league has a lot of sides who have spent a lot of money on proven players, it will never be easy, and the money is just increasing.

I also clearly don't think some of those players are anywhere near the level you do.

Great news tying him down, it does protect us but he's got a lot more to prove until a side will spend near a fee we would require. Also good news because he is a good player for us!

I dont think they are at that level at the moment but they are playing Championship football at a very young age, in a few years they have the potential to kick on and improve.

D

I dont think they are at that level at the moment but they are playing Championship football at a very young age, in a few years they have the potential to kick on and improve.

Yeah fair enough but of those you mentioned and all the players we have, I think only Afobe and Iorfa have the potential to be regular Premier League players.

And unfortunately I think we all accept Afobe will be off in one of the next two windows.

D

Dewsburywolf

Cynics on here would say that we shouldn't still be in this division in a couple of years

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is not a winger who will physically out-run, or take him on.
The issue is his brain and positioning.
Ipswich goal, whilst Ikeme was out of position, if Iorfa was goal-side they wouldn't have scored, this is where he needs to improve, physically he has it all.

Oh of course, there's definitely room for improvement, but that will come with time and good coaching.

In general though, we've got a real player in Iorfa.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news, loved this bit from Iorfa...

"The fact that the club have been pleased with what I’ve done and the fact that they wanted to offer me another contract is really good."

Just seems happy enough that we were willing to keep him on!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Great news, an exciting player to watch, really like him.

Heard on Radio Wolf last Sat he wants to start scoring goals..:cool: Thommo seemed impressed.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Dom, fully deserved. Like all young players he has had the odd dip in form but he has all the attributes to be a top top player.

M

Mr Wolf

It would be nice to see him kick on now, cutting out the errors like poor throwins into players & ball delivery. He's never going to look good on the ball as he's so tall but his technique could do with improving.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think i was the first to nominate him in the "player in the first third of the season thread", i was staggered he wasn't suggested in the opening post.

I think he is immense and destined for huge things... I can seriously see him at Man Utd or somewhere similar... And im not usually one for getting carried away.

Back
Top Bottom