Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Infrastructure investment?

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Noticed on the article about Wolves' new betting partner that there was a mention to investment in infrastructure... “With a new Head Coach coming in, major investment in players and infrastructure, plus some of the most loyal and passionate fans you will find anywhere, we feel Wolves are the perfect partner for 21Bet."

Throw-away comment relating to previous investment, or something in the pipeline?:grinning:

Link: http://wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/news-21bet-confirmed-as-wolves-betting-partner-3244303.aspx

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed on the article about Wolves' new betting partner that there was a mention to investment in infrastructure... “With a new Head Coach coming in, major investment in players and infrastructure, plus some of the most loyal and passionate fans you will find anywhere, we feel Wolves are the perfect partner for 21Bet."

Throw-away comment relating to previous investment, or something in the pipeline?:grinning:

Link: http://wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/news-21bet-confirmed-as-wolves-betting-partner-3244303.aspx

Club quote in the article " We have ambitious plans for the next three years ", having followed the Wolves for 40 years, I don't think I could cope with three years of optimism.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
before the takeover there were rumours about a new ground in place of asda. obviously players take priority. from my perspective molineux is no where near a premier stadium these days. the steve bull is falling down and the atmosphere is affected by being so open. i would expect them to basically rebuild the place if they are serious. when i have no idea though

W

we8wba

Personally I'd hate a new ground

No point when we'll never meet the capacity it's currently at

It'll just be flat pack ikea stadium same Coventry reading etc

W

WasStefan

before the takeover there were rumours about a new ground in place of asda. obviously players take priority. from my perspective molineux is no where near a premier stadium these days. the steve bull is falling down and the atmosphere is affected by being so open. i would expect them to basically rebuild the place if they are serious. when i have no idea though
Complete rubbish

D

Deleted member 4456

The stadium does need a lot of work. The Steve Bull is in a tired state and needs to be replaced sooner or later. I don't think ASDA will be open to us demolishing their supermarket though. If we build a new ground, it will be an out of town thing next to i54 or somewhere like that. I expect that FOSUN will just decide to go with the original redevelopment plan though.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully any ground development doesn't include moving out of town. At this point rebuilding the Steve Bull in a similar style to the North Bank would be enough for me. An enlarged South Bank would be nice though.
And before anyone says "invest in the team first", we're in a different situation now. Ground development has no FFP implication and unlike Morgan, Fosun can afford to do both if they want.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who actually owns the land where Asda is? Is the land leased from the council, or is it owned by Asda?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant really believe they would be that stupid as to make the biggest mistake possible in moving the
ground out of town. No matter how much investment or success, it would effectively dilute the club's identity
and history to a catastrophic degree. Fosun show no such signs of stupidity whatsoever in their actions so
far, so I am not concerned.

If they have done their research properly, which I believe they have, then they will know that Morgan's
breaking of his commitment to redevelop the ground fully was a major breach of trust with the fans, and
also undermined both players' and fans' belief in his ownership. It showed everyone who cared to look that
he was never going to invest his own money in the club's development. They will also know that recreating
that bond of trust will be greatly enhanced by announcing the completion of the ground.

This should also include details that will also demonstrate their commitment to improving the fans' experience:

a single tier South Bank
possible safe standing provision
video screens of course
state of art sound system.
And, most crucial of all, a longterm commitment to reasonable ticket prices.

I think they will also appreciate the pull of a city centre stadium to the foreign fans they will be hoping to
attract. When I come over with some of the Copenhagen Wolves, they love the city centre location, the
matchday atmosphere, pubs, and so on. All of that goes when you lump it outside a town.

Last edited:

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Infrastructure is such an umbrella term in football, it could be referencing just about anything. Don't forget, part of Category One Status for the Academy is a commitment to invest a certain amount of money each year. We've just restructured the key personnel too, with Thelwell and Dalrymple getting new roles, plus the appointment of Butti. I can't imagine it would have been cheap to buy him out of his contract at Monaco. All these things could be classed as infrastructure.

W

Wolf of Winslow

History is molineux .. As an athiest I worship at the alter of molineux so staying where it is n continuing the refurb plans would be fine

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Infrastructure is such an umbrella term in football, it could be referencing just about anything. Don't forget, part of Category One Status for the Academy is a commitment to invest a certain amount of money each year. We've just restructured the key personnel too, with Thelwell and Dalrymple getting new roles, plus the appointment of Butti. I can't imagine it would have been cheap to buy him out of his contract at Monaco. All these things could be classed as infrastructure.

Yep - that's how I read that part of the statement.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
I would hope Fosun see the route to stadium redevelopment as being to pack out the current one; which means better football, better players and a better match-day atmosphere (and maybe cheaper ticket prices).

Personally I don't think the Mol's in too bad a state, we should just press on with the SM redevelopment plan when practical.

That said, I'd love some bloody screens as they seem pretty standard at most decent sized clubs these days.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Team rebuild first.....no ifs or buts

Steve Bull rebuild.....

Put away fans in NB corner lower tier
Put Steve Bull STH in NB corner upper tier

Knock it down at he end of this season

Get lower tier built....and upper tier built...

But hurry up.....Premier League here we come

E

Edgmond Wolf

That said, I'd love some bloody screens as they seem pretty standard at most decent sized clubs these days.

I do not want Standard ones, I want bloody great BIG ones hanging from the North Bank roof, so big the top ten rows of the North Bank have to duck to see under them :D

Name them Edge's Screens would be a bonus

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they could at least remove those useless s
Team rebuild first.....no ifs or buts

Steve Bull rebuild.....

Put away fans in NB corner lower tier
Put Steve Bull STH in NB corner upper tier

Knock it down at he end of this season

Get lower tier built....and upper tier built...

But hurry up.....Premier League here we come

no video screens on that list? :eek:

H

Honved

The stadium does need a lot of work. The Steve Bull is in a tired state and needs to be replaced sooner or later. I don't think ASDA will be open to us demolishing their supermarket though. If we build a new ground, it will be an out of town thing next to i54 or somewhere like that. I expect that FOSUN will just decide to go with the original redevelopment plan though.

Agreed about Asda. They're pretty commited to that site. If anything, they want to expand it to accommodate a larger car park, and they're building the petrol station (or is it finished? Haven't been for a while.) Only way I could see that working would be if Wolves worked with Asda to buy up the land either side of Oxley Street and do a new joint development that improved facilities for both.

I don't necessarily agree that a new stadium would be i54. The out-of-town-stadium seems to be out of fashion. Both the Emirates and the new Spurs development are close to the old ground (almost the same place, in Spurs case.) I agree i54 would be a mistake, and I don't want to leave Molineux, but I think Fosun would be savvy enough to look at one of the derelict and available sites around the city.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux doesn't need to move anywhere.

We own all the land and have plenty of it. More than enough for a 40,000 seater ground.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care whether Molineux is a tin shack right now. We need to channel investment into the first team, get into the Premiership and stay there. Then re-build the ground.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I cant really believe they would be that stupid as to make the biggest mistake possible in moving the
ground out of town. No matter how much investment or success, it would effectively dilute the club's identity
and history to a catastrophic degree. Fosun show no such signs of stupidity whatsoever in their actions so
far, so I am not concerned.

If they have done their research properly, which I believe they have, then they will know that Morgan's
breaking of his commitment to redevelop the ground fully was a major breach of trust with the fans, and
also undermined both players' and fans' belief in his ownership. It showed everyone who cared to look that
he was never going to invest his own money in the club's development. They will also know that recreating
that bond of trust will be greatly enhanced by announcing the completion of the ground.

This should also include details that will also demonstrate their commitment to improving the fans' experience:

a single tier South Bank
possible safe standing provision
video screens of course
state of art sound system.
And, most crucial of all, a longterm commitment to reasonable ticket prices.

I think they will also appreciate the pull of a city centre stadium to the foreign fans they will be hoping to
attract. When I come over with some of the Copenhagen Wolves, they love the city centre location, the
matchday atmosphere, pubs, and so on. All of that goes when you lump it outside a town.
Great post wolvesjoe.

Similar to you, I come over with a couple of German guys to Molineux, mainly for the final home game.

They too comment on how much they like the city centre location, the pubs we go to before and after the game, etc.

I hope Fosun will tune in to fans wishes, and eventually complete Molineux on the current site.

There is room to expand the current stadium up to at least 50,000 seats, so there is no real need to move away.

It is not like in the 1970s, when the site was so restricted, that Molineux Street had to be demolished to expand the ground.

I am 99% set on staying at Molineux. It would need something brilliant, mind boggling, to make me change my mind about moving. And even then..

H

Honved

I don't care whether Molineux is a tin shack right now. We need to channel investment into the first team, get into the Premiership and stay there. Then re-build the ground.

My only real concern with this approach -as much as I do get where you're coming from- is that the longer they leave redevelopment, the more likely it is that the club will move.

Why do I say that? Just the logistics of it. Fosun have ambitions. They want us to grow massively. If they are successful in this, then redeveloping the ground later on would mean actively lowering attendance at a time when demand is higher. Knocking down stands that we could fill, and going without that revenue for 1-2 years. Or it would mean a ground share while the rebuild takes place and, realistically who could we share with? Albion, Villa, Blues, Stoke? These would all be policing nightmares. If Coventry's issues with Wasps continue, then we could maybe take advantage and rent the Ricoh for 1-2 years, but would fans be happy travelling that far for a home game? If it's done later, the easiest thing will be to build a new stadium and then move when it's finished.

That's why I think that the sooner Fosun start the development, the more likely it is we'll stay at the Mol. If they start it while we're in the Championship, it'll be easier to manage. They could redevelop the SB right now, while the crowd could just about fit into the other 3 stands. If they wait until we're established in the Prem (imho) it'll be a new stadium.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Redevelopment doesn't have to affect team building now. Fosun have the money if it's how they intend to develop the club.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming FOSUN do turn out to be serious about building the club into one of the top PL clubs then infrastructure encompasses everything from football to facilities -and probably investment in the wider sense.

It has been fashionable for some years to write off Wolverhampton's City Centre and all things East and South of there but some of that is not altogether deserved.

FOSUN surely have the ability and people, along with the capital, to realise that investing in Molineux and perhaps some other City Centre projects is the way forward.Many English clubs have sold out completely and have been left with soulless Retail parks alongside flatpack football stadia. Those that have done this have missed a trick IMO.

Molinuex is one of the iconic names in English football. It has been the venue for some of the games pioneering eras and FOSUN really ought to build another great era for it and the club.

The abysmal attempts recently need putting right and there is no reason I can see for delaying either team building alongside redeveloping Molineux to take best advantage of the current smaller gates and the wider regeneration that is taking place in the City centre, slow as that might be. FOSUN could help much in this direction to speed things up.

There are few clubs with the history. or setting. of Molineux. Moving to another site would be another act of cultural vandalism but probably an even poorer business one.

The Steve Bull should be rebuilt (10,000 capacity seating)with all the trimmings for the Corporates and any museum moved there. I would like to see the North bank demolished. It was constructed without due respect for the traditions of that end. It should be rebuilt as a smaller, single tier construction,(5000)with facilities for safe standing. The South Bank could then be rebuilt in similar style only much bigger.(15,000-20,000)That way a return to two 'home ends' might follow.The BW could be left alone as a 'standalone' part of Molineux. With three sides of the ground rebuilt and sort of joined up I think that would give us back a modern but 'traditional' Molineux with about a 45/50,000 capacity.

Some time ago there was concern for the magnificent St Luke's Church. I suggested with a bit of imagination that could be taken down brick by brick and rebuilt on ground to the rear of the North Bank, thus preserving another historic structure with ties to the club, alongside Molineux and the superbly renovated Molineux House.

FOSUN stated that they wanted a club with potential. They certainly bought the right one and at a ludicrous price thanks to a complete shambles created by those who pretended to have ambition and 'love' for the club.

Wolverhampton City Centre has much to do to do itself justice. There has been some progress of late. With a vibrant and successful PL football club with owners who do justice to the present and the past Molineux should be the catalyst for making Wolverhampton a much better place to visit live and work in while restoring some much needed pride and dignity.

FOSUN should also see a return on that investment and what they bought it for.

H

Honved

The Steve Bull should be rebuilt (10,000 capacity seating)with all the trimmings for the Corporates and any museum moved there. I would like to see the North bank demolished. It was constructed without due respect for the traditions of that end. It should be rebuilt as a smaller, single tier construction,(5000)with facilities for safe standing. The South Bank could then be rebuilt in similar style only much bigger.(15,000-20,000)That way a return to two 'home ends' might follow.The BW could be left alone as a 'standalone' part of Molineux. With three sides of the ground rebuilt and sort of joined up I think that would give us back a modern but 'traditional' Molineux with about a 45/50,000 capacity.

The Steve Bull as it is holds around 9,000. You'd only be adding 1,000 to it, and at a huge cost. Then taking around 2,750 off the North Bank. The two together would then come to around the same capacity as Morgan's proposed new Steve Bull (14-16,000.)

D

Deleted member 3518

Redevelopment doesn't have to affect team building now. Fosun have the money if it's how they intend to develop the club.

Assuming this is correct, which I hope it is, I would like to see the rebuild of the Steve Bull start as soon as possible and then review the situation once it is built. Any suggestion of moving the ground gets a massive NO from me.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Steve Bull as it is holds around 9,000. You'd only be adding 1,000 to it, and at a huge cost. Then taking around 2,750 off the North Bank. The two together would then come to around the same capacity as Morgan's proposed new Steve Bull (14-16,000.)
We should keep the existing North Bank and build the new SB as in Morgan's plans, then we would have a 2-stand, two tier wraparound holding over 20,000, for all those who don't come now but start to attend because we are once again a big club. Meanwhile, a new South Bank which wraps around the corners too and has safe standing in the middle lower behind the goal would hold close to 10,000 loyalists. That would push the capacity to close on 40,000, which is all we need to compete at the top level and in Europe.

H

Honved

Any suggestion of moving the ground gets a massive NO from me.

I agree. My preference will always be to stay at the Mol. It's our home, it's an important site to the history of both English football and the champions league, and it's close to the city centre. But in the con column, it's boxed in between a listed building, Waterloo Road, a supermarket, and the University buildings. It's also built onto a hill. I'm pretty sure Man City fans didn't want to leave Maine Road, Arsenal fans didn't want to leave Highbury, Spurs fans get to feel like they haven't left White Hart Lane. Liverpool came very close to leaving Anfield. Chelsea tried hard to leave Stamford Bridge. I would prefer for us to be like Man United and stick to our home, but all I'm saying is....if Fosun want us to grow to anywhere near the level we all dream of, it may be a decision we have to accept.

D

Deleted member 3518

We should keep the existing North Bank and build the new SB as in Morgan's plans, then we would have a 2-stand, two tier wraparound holding over 20,000, for all those who don't come now but start to attend because we are once again a big club. Meanwhile, a new South Bank which wraps around the corners too and has safe standing in the middle lower behind the goal would hold close to 10,000 loyalists. That would push the capacity to close on 40,000, which is all we need to compete at the top level and in Europe.

Good plan.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't quite see the point you are making Honved.

The whole ground would still have a capacity of about 50,000ish, More than enough to accommodate a succcessful WWFC. History tells us that the best average gate was about 45,000 in 1950. Much of the time the average is about mid thirties (ooo) when successful.

Cost wise it all depends on what is required.

Paying attention to the club's past while moving it into the 21st Century means that Molineux should have 'modern' stands but with a nod to its traditions.This can be achieved and still 'generate income' if done by people who are serious and have knowledge of the club or are willing to listen and learn about some important elements of it.

The North Bank was always dwarfed by the South Bank. Not only did Morgan's pretend 'intimidating' one fail miserably in just about every aspect it set out to acheive- it killed the atmosphere at that end stone dead (along with some stone dead football). The Mojito supping bar is closed much of the time (it was supposed to be an 'income generator' on non match days) the away support area has hardly been used for that and away support was never given that end anyway. The finish of the stand leaves a lot to be desired also.

The runaway pretender's idea of intimidating was flawed. He though that ugly huge stands with two tiers was the way to 'intimidate'. He was wrong. A 14,000 seater Steve Bull would be too big. It would have huge swathes of empty seats for most games. A safe standing 15,000 capacity South Bank (or a single tier seating one) would more than likely be fuller more often and would generate a better atmosphere as would a 5000, capacity 'traditional' North Bank.

The other two stands can then accommodate for hospitality etc etc. while adding the other twenty thousand seats to bring matchday capacity around the 40/50,000 mark.

H

Honved

Pretty sensible plan. TBH I'd probably do it slightly differently. Build two three tier stands, 18,000 SB and BW. Develop the JH as a single tier at the same height as the North Bank, sweeping round into the corners (as much as line of sight will allow.) So the two ends would be the same height as each other. The two sides would be the same eight as each other. But the stadium would have a distinctive profile and avoid being the same kind of identikit same-all-the-way-round arenas that we've seen so much of. But your suggestion is a good realistic plan.

H

Honved

I don't quite see the point you are making Honved.

The whole ground would still have a capacity of about 50,000ish, More than enough to accommodate a succcessful WWFC. History tells us that the best average gate was about 45,000 in 1950. Much of the time the average is about mid thirties (ooo) when successful.

I'm just questioning why Fosun would spend 30-40 million on building a new Steve Bull that only adds 1,000 seats to the one they're replacing, then spend a further 18-20 million on building a smaller stand than the brand new one they're demolishing. I'm not sure an investment company would see the sense in that.

It makes more sense (IMO) to do as someone else has said, and continue a version of the planned SB, then build an impressive single tier.

If I read your plan right, 5k in the NB, 10k in the SB, 15-20 JH (larger than Tottenham's planned kop, larger than Liverpool's) and keep the BW as is? That would put Molineux at around 39-44 (depending on the 15-20 JH) but would have spent millions in reducing a brand new stand and only adding 1k to another. That doesn't seem an effective use of money to me, but maybe it is just me.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just questioning why Fosun would spend 30-40 million on building a new Steve Bull that only adds 1,000 seats to the one they're replacing, then spend a further 18-20 million on building a smaller stand than the brand new one they're demolishing. I'm not sure an investment company would see the sense in that.

It makes more sense (IMO) to do as someone else has said, and continue a version of the planned SB, then build an impressive single tier.

If I read your plan right, 5k in the NB, 10k in the SB, 15-20 JH (larger than Tottenham's planned kop, larger than Liverpool's) and keep the BW as is? That would put Molineux at around 39-44 (depending on the 15-20 JH) but would have spent millions in reducing a brand new stand and only adding 1k to another. That doesn't seem an effective use of money to me, but maybe it is just me.

It probably wouldn't be the most cost effective way to go about it.It also doesn't mean that any investment would be 'lost' so to speak if my ideas were carried out. (highly unlikely as are most other ideas as we still don't get a say and we wont be paying) My suggestion to demolish a recently built stand would not be cost effective.

FOSUN have bought a football club so strictly speaking cost effective has a different meaning than under 'normal' business rules. My line will always be that football, English football, is much more than business. That means that to develop clubs means developing the 'culture' as well as the 'business'. That sometimes means knowing the value of things as well as the cost.

The club is where it is because it has been in the hands of those who didn't know that, while also being small time operators.

Fosun are a huge company and they, like other Chinese investors, want clubs for a variety of 'global' reasons. They have enough financial clout not to have to worry quite so much about the most cost effective ways of progressing so long as any investment has an element of return.Most businesses also should pay attention to 'goodwill'.If they do pay attention to the goodwill of those who have always been here as well as investing and helping move he club to where it should be then the 'returns' for FOSUN would be quite substantial.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Assuming this is correct, which I hope it is, I would like to see the rebuild of the Steve Bull start as soon as possible and then review the situation once it is built. Any suggestion of moving the ground gets a massive NO from me.
This in Spades
I would not know the way otherwise :oops:

H

Honved

Most businesses also should pay attention to 'goodwill'.If they do pay attention to the goodwill of those who have always been here as well as investing and helping move he club to where it should be then the 'returns' for FOSUN would be quite substantial.

And even from a goodwill point of view, they would be giving themselves a mountain to climb if -in the current financial climate and all the valid points made about The Money Shop deal- they knocked down brand new multi million pound building to replace it with another. In Whitmore Reans. That'd be a PR disaster.

Personally, I don't like the new North Bank. It's got some very good things going for it, but overall I think it was a huge mistake. But knocking it down now to replace it with something smaller would create ridicule and some very negative news coverage, not goodwill.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we know Fosun have the money, so the dilapidated S Bull stand should be bulldozered end of this season. Whilst this is being built the ground capacity would be around 22,000 (incl the temp seating SB/ BW corner)and assuming we don't go up, surely this capacity will suffice?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once posted the calcs on safe standing capacity cf seating, but forget them now. May be around 125 to 140%, so a single tier wrap around South Bank the same height and rake as Morgan's NB would hold 12,500 to 14,000; less if only the middle lower sections were safe standing. That would push overall capacity to 40,000 or close, without increasing the capacity of the Steve Bull when replacing it. Personally, I would prefer a single tier new SB, with a tower of boxes linking it to the corner of the existing NB, to create a feature and allow a change of roof height without a visual glitch. The new STeve Bull roof would then curve up to meet the South Bank roof!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people think we couldn't fill a bigger stadium? Sunderland were averaging about 16k a game at Roker Park, they moved to the stadium of light and I would reckon they average over 40k now.

We have this potential in us, we just need the right people in the club to bring it out.

K

Kiddywolves

It all depends on how big they want to make the club!! If they want to take us to the very top then I would suggest 40-50k lacks ambition. Yes history indicates this and that!! But if they intend for us to be the biggest team in England or China etc then they may wish for 60 etc. Image will be everything to these guys!! Man city have had to expand there's, may as well do it from day 1 and lower ticket prices if needed.

I think we should develop where we are, I would personally and it is more than plausible to see fosun buy you the university and asda land around us. They could then use all this land to develop into uni living, hotels, multi story parking, bars/restaurants, new giant club shop, leisure facilities based around football such as mini football leagues etc. It would open us up to the main road whilst they could Create a state of the art passage into town. This all in itself would create rent and non match day money, people would use the hotels and parking, students would use the bars etc it would also make us a destination away game that all would wish to travel too. For those who pick a few away games a year do u pick Sunderland or wolves with all the bars and facilities??

Regarding the stands next redevelopment should be the SB but build it 3 tier make it the new main stand which front the whole development just mentioned with a big square which could act as a fan park or events space in summer sports events, the new passage from town would end here. Building this as the main stand means we wouldn't lose changing room etc when billy Wright is built. Re build the BW in the same style as the NS and finally the SB could be 1 large tier over hanging the ring road as a statement for those passing

NS- 7.5k (I believe)
BW- 16k
SB- 20k
SS- 10k

Total- 53.5k

If they could chuck an extra 1.5k to take us to 55 somewhere that would be great, a further 5k to 60k would mean a monster of a Steve bull or south bank :)

Sorry got carried away

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And even from a goodwill point of view, they would be giving themselves a mountain to climb if -in the current financial climate and all the valid points made about The Money Shop deal- they knocked down brand new multi million pound building to replace it with another. In Whitmore Reans. That'd be a PR disaster.

Personally, I don't like the new North Bank. It's got some very good things going for it, but overall I think it was a huge mistake. But knocking it down now to replace it with something smaller would create ridicule and some very negative news coverage, not goodwill.

Some assumptions here.

How do you know it would create ridicule? You don't and neither do I or anyone else. Molineux is not in Whitmore Reans. It is closer to the City Centre or even Dunstall than Whitmore Reans proper but that's splitting hairs.

How about this 'announcement' as an example.

'FUSON have unveiled plans to completely redevelop Molineux along more 'traditional' lines. Having spent some months researching the history of Molineux, and consulting with a healthy number of fans, they want to modernise parts of the stadium while retaining the character uilt up over decades.

The NorthBank will be domolished and replaced with a smaller single tier stand with an area for safe standing. This will be on a trial basis along the lines of those at Celtic. If, as is expected, it is a success the whole 5,000 capacity will be converted. This means the old traditional feel will return while, more importantly, fans will see a reduction in attending. FUSON want to make sure that all who want to attend Molineux can afford to. Safe Standing would allow those who want to attend to do so at a considerably reduced rate. The same would then be done at the South Bank End with a much bigger stand about three times the size of the North Bank. A new Steve Bull stand will also be built with impressive corporate facilities to match those at any European Football stadium.

The museum, currently housed in the North Bank would be transferred to the new Stev Bull stand although FUSON are consulting on the possibility of a very adventurous plan to save St Lukes' Church,where WWFC was born. That could well figure in any museum move'

I think the plan to make attending less expensive would cancel out any 'ridicule' about knocking down a white elephant stand which has never served its purpose due to a badly thought through and poorly executed 'redevelopment'.

Back
Top Bottom