Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If the table stays how it is now....

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
We'd be faced with a local derby against Walsall in the Play offs...

Having played them twice and won 1 each both at Molineux (and ours only on Penalties) would our squad be able to raise their game to overcome the disappointment of missing out on an automatic spot?

I think the way we are staring to play now we would, but we need to do as Jackett suggested a week or so ago and put together our run of 10 wins to get back into the automatic spots, put Orient and Brentford under pressure, and then stay there.

S

SouthwesternWolf

Don't talk about playing them in the playoffs, please

O

Orbital Wolves

I'd say we're coping with the pressure well. Give it time

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
... Sheffield United would be relegated!

B

Batman

Posh will push them out of the play offs eventually. Walsall have these runs where they do really well then they'll have a spell of ten without a win

E

Edgmond Wolf

I owe Old Gold a bottle of malt.......we need to go up as Champions

Reaction score
It's getting clearer by the day that there's going to be a top 3, and then 4th-6th a little way back. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we do finish 3rd, just have to hope it's by a comfortable margin and we can go into the play-offs thinking we deserve promotion, rather than disappointed about not getting into the autos.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall wont make the play-offs, so don't worry about it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't think any Wolves fan over 20 needs to be told that we don't want to be in the play-offs. We would definitely be the best side in there, which would count for just about nothing.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall will make the play offs, their form over the past 12 months has been incredible given the players they lost in the summer and their budget. I actually think they'll win the POs to be honest, I just hope we take one of the automatic spots...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Wolf

Generally over two legs the better team comes out on top but there are still 54 points to play for & we play the teams above who also play each other so don't worry just yet.

P

PattinghamWolf

Why worry about the play offs?? We've hit good form over these last few games and there seems to be a real hunger and cohesion for the first time in years.

Orient & Brentford won't keep the pace up .... let's enjoy the ride chaps!!

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times do I have to say we are going up as champions

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there's one thing I am certain of its that the table now will not stay the same at the end of the season.

M

Mr Wolf

Yes they will why do people keep saying this. They have played everyone & beaten most quite comfortably at times. They will drop points here & there but they will not be falling off the cliff & going 5 without a win etc

Up to us to match & beat them.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes they will why do people keep saying this. They have played everyone & beaten most quite comfortably at times. They will drop points here & there but they will not be falling off the cliff & going 5 without a win etc

Up to us to match & beat them.

The form of the top two is becoming quite concerning. I seem to have been willing Orient to lose games since October and they're yet to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our superior squad depth will make the difference. They will both go through a tough patch. Have faith!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We blew our chance of finishing in top spot, over Christmas. Even so, Brentfords form has been incredible. The best team always wins the league. We're not the best team.

molinew

Reaction score
The way things are going at the moment we'll be unstoppable and win the league, and I say that as a big Wolves pessimist

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there's one thing I am certain of its that the table now will not stay the same at the end of the season.
Hopefully the table will be different come May?! The top 3 will still be the top 3 though - we've just got to hope we make it into the top 2.

mexy

Reaction score
just looked at the table theres 18 games to go not 1:rolleyes:

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
If! However, there are many games to be played and I still believe we can win the league.

E

EASTWOOD WOLF

We will go up in second place behind Brentford, and my prediction is that we will overtake Orient on Saturday

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we have the best, and more importantly, the biggest squad by some distance. When it comes to March - there are 8 games in that month alone!!! - our squad will pull us through - we can play any combination of 10 midfielders in this division, and still totally outclass anyone on our day - Brentford and Orient are playing well, and have some momentum, but for me, we are strengthening well in the Jan window already and our quality will come through.

Even earlier in the season, when we were playing badly, we were winning, now we are playing well and winning comfortably. KJ is starting to get the team that he wants for the 2nd half of the season and see us over the line - We will finish top 2 I am sure...

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember how far we were ahead of Aldershot in 1987 ? :mad: We were soundly beaten over both legs in the final.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We blew our chance of finishing in top spot, over Christmas. Even so, Brentfords form has been incredible. The best team always wins the league. We're not the best team.

There's still 18 games left to play.

And, to be fair, we're only four points behind Brentford having played poorly for the majority of the season.

O

Orbital Wolves

On the shoulder of the leaders coming into the home straight....... Perfect

Reaction score
And, to be fair, we're only four points behind Brentford having played poorly for the majority of the season.

I was thinking the other day, if in the Brentford game Griffiths' shot had come off the inside of the post and gone in, rather than squirming to safety, the top would be tight as a badgers behind now. They're still very much catchable though

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do, and if we find ourselves in the playoffs, we're $$$$$$ed

I'm not sure I agree - it wouldn't be good, I agree, due to the risk. But if you also think back to the play-offs in 2003, we were streets ahead of the rest of the teams in the group, and it was never in doubt...

I think the worst case for us this season is that we have a great day out at Wembley.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree with this 'they'll hit poor form' talk.

Nothing so far suggests either Orient or Brentford are going to slip up.

Feb is an interesting month for Orient. Some tough games for them.

Looking at the run in I expect Brentford to go up automatically.

Brentford and Orient away are HUGE games.

All we can do is keep winning our games and if we finish 3rd on 98 points then so be it.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just lying in bed this morning thinking that we are going to finish in 3rd spot, 20 points ahead of the 4th placed team, and then blow it in the playoffs. The ultimate nightmare.

F

FLEET WOLF

Why worry about the play offs?? We've hit good form over these last few games and there seems to be a real hunger and cohesion for the first time in years.

Unfortunately Orient and Brentford do seem to be keeping the pace up and particularly the latter! I am still optimistic, however, that Orient will have a bad run and I think we should finish second. We can still win it, but I think that may rely on Brentford dropping some unexpected points-that doesn't look likely at the moment though.

P

PattinghamWolf

I was just lying in bed this morning thinking that we are going to finish in 3rd spot, 20 points ahead of the 4th placed team, and then blow it in the playoffs. The ultimate nightmare.
Enough of the bedroom chatter oldgolded ..... let's keep it clean :rolleyes:

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assume they've still got to play each other? - so in that case either or both of them will have to drop points and we still have to play both of them. Therefore it's as much in our hands as it is theirs, they just have an advantage with the current points difference.

Back
Top Bottom