Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ian Ross RIP

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to announce the passing of Ian Ross who was on the Wolves coaching staff during the John Barnwell era. Ian was brought to Wolves from Peterbrough by John Barnwell as a player / coach. He never actually made a first team appearance for Wolves despite appearing in playing kit on the standard pre-season team photographs. He did play a fair number of central league appearances where his experience helped a number of young players who were coming through from the youth team at that time, the likes of John Humphrey, John Pender and Bob Coy to name three.

Ian Ross was Wolves temporary Manager for five games during January in that shambles of a season in 1981/82. He was succeeded in the role by Ian Greaves.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him too. Thoughts to his family.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Aw, damn. Remember asking my Dad who was Ian Ross when I got my 1979/80 Panini football sticker album. He said he was a journeyman pro. Didn’t know what that meant at the time, so assumed he must be fantastic. Always looked out for him for years after that. God rest Ian. Another idol of my youth gone.

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Remember the Barnwell era quite well, RIP Ian.
We'll keep the Gold Flag flying high.

Back
Top Bottom