Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I know this sounds mad...but why not just re-appoint Mick?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we really have anything to lose at this point? Not that I think this would ever seriously happen, but what would your reaction be if this took place?

R

reanswolf

If we go down (very likely) I would have him back, but not sure he would now have us back.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 100% responsible for our current position. What could he do?

I suppose he could loan out even more of our first team squad to other leagues without recall options.

He could continue to play without a midfield leaving the team stretched and the defence exposed.

He could continue playing centre halfs and centre forwards as fullbacks

He could negotiate with the PL for extra ponts for putting a shift in

He could carry on with his no 1 target of succeeding in the PL with Championship players

He could carry on flapping his arms about and looking confused as we concede goal after goal

He could extend his magnificent record of conceeding in every game, usually within the first ten minutes or so

He can increase the number of goals conceeded from outside the area to make absolutely sure we get the record

He can carry on bringing SEB on in the last ten minutes when we are 0-2 down instead of bolstering the midfield

He can continue sitting back for the last ten minutes of a game when we have an unexpected lead - just to be fair to give the opposition a chance of equalising

Yeh, sounds a good idea to me............

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 100% responsible for our current position. What could he do?

I suppose he could loan out even more of our first team squad to other leagues without recall options.

He could continue to play without a midfield leaving the team stretched and the defence exposed.

He could continue playing centre halfs and centre forwards as fullbacks

He could negotiate with the PL for extra ponts for putting a shift in

He could carry on with his no 1 target of succeeding in the PL with Championship players

He could carry on flapping his arms about and looking confused as we concede goal after goal

He could extend his magnificent record of conceeding in every game, usually within the first ten minutes or so

He can increase the number of goals conceeded from outside the area to make absolutely sure we get the record

He can carry on bringing SEB on in the last ten minutes when we are 0-2 down instead of bolstering the midfield

He can continue sitting back for the last ten minutes of a game when we have an unexpected lead - just to be fair to give the opposition a chance of equalising

Yeh, sounds a good idea to me............

All that's about right.

M

Mugwump

How about this.

P 101
W 25
D 23
L 58
GF 106
GA 161
GD -55
PTS 106

Thats his premier league record with Wolves,106 pts from a possible 303. Lots of reasons there why he shouldnt come back.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Great bloke and a great manager for us. Will always thank him for some fantastic memories. Time was right for him to leave and we should be looking forward not back.

Having said that, we would have had a better chance of staying up with Mick than TC.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will say is that with Mick in charge we wouldn't have shipped goals like we have. In my opinion if course.

But no we shouldn't reappoint him as much as I'd like us too

M

Mugwump

Great bloke and a great manager for us. Will always thank him for some fantastic memories. Time was right for him to leave and we should be looking forward not back.

Having said that, we would have had a better chance of staying up with Mick than TC.

Spot on there Tring. Its time to look to the future. Lets be grateful for the good things Mick did, accept he ultimatley wasnt good enough and move on.

D

Deleted member 3545

MM isnt the answer MM got us in the plight. like i said on another thread i like MM as a man but he is limited when it comes to management

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How about this.

P 101
W 25
D 23
L 58
GF 106
GA 161
GD -55
PTS 106

Thats his premier league record with Wolves,106 pts from a possible 303. Lots of reasons there why he shouldnt come back.

If you think about it, a point ratio of 1 in 3 would actually keep us up just about every season! Not bad with a team of "Championship cloggers" who "put a shift in" :D

M

Mugwump

Yep, it would. I think this season we really dipped badly and Mick didnt seem to be able to find a way to get us firing again. It just carried on from the end of last season. We were pretty decent in our first season imo.

F

FLEET WOLF

If he came back now until the end of the season we would do better under him than under TC. I think there is a chance he could keep us up. Pride and stubborness on both sides mean it would be very unlikely, but I might give it a go in Morgan's shoes.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cos He got us into this mess. WHY loan out players like Elokobi and Guedioura when we need all hands on pump..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If he came back now until the end of the season we would do better under him than under TC. I think there is a chance he could keep us up. Pride and stubborness on both sides mean it would be very unlikely, but I might give it a go in Morgan's shoes.

As much as I think we should be looking forward, I don't disagree with any of those points.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we really have anything to lose at this point? Not that I think this would ever seriously happen, but what would your reaction be if this took place?
Because the team that is getting dicked every week is his team. He has had three years to improve the team and we have gone backwards under him. Good championship manager. We need to get a good manager in, and that's it.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about this.

P 101
W 25
D 23
L 58
GF 106
GA 161
GD -55
PTS 106

U sure about those numbers? Taking one point from every three sounds ok to me, wish Tc was doing he same

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This suggestion is almost as laughable as implying in a national paper that all Wolves fans are racist.

B

BaysideWolf

So what it boils down to is a choice between a manager that most people don"t want (ie Mick) and a manager that nobody wants (ie Terry).

Not much of a choice is it.

Our timing was all wrong. Mick should have been moved on in December or at the end of the season, not a week or two after the transfer window closed. Then, when he finally did get pushed out of the door, we should have appointed an experienced manager, not someone for whom it was their first managerial role.

Hindsight is always 20:20 but most of us could have predicted where we would be given the sequence of events that have unfolded. When the management should have taken a gamble on a mature manager who cost more they got cold feet and went for the cheaper option which has effectively sealed our fate.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He tactically got it wrong against West Brom. Failed to change it at half time and then sat back and watched them take us apart in one of the most humiliating defeats in the clubs history.

The wheels were coming off under his reign. He should have gone after Swansea.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great Championship manager but out of his depth in the Prem.

Strats

Reaction score
Not sure we should blame MM 100% for 'this mess'.

He played a big part in it for sure but we really don't know what t&c's he was working under ... and I wouldn't be surprised if, in some instances, he was actually working minor miracles.

In the far away distant future the truth may, one day, out ... but for now, after signing the confidentially contract, the real truth is buried deep.

L

long ball man

Not going to happen.

Better bet than TC - absolutely.
Should have ben sacked before he was - possibly.
Should have not been sacked in Feb - absolutely

Chain of events that has unfolded since can be put down to Mick's legacy - probably
Chain of events that has unfolded since can be put down to board failing to have succssion plan in advance - 100%

I will make this point on as many threads as I think it relevant.

We can't let a future mgr no matter how likeable and good at his job become as all powerful as Mick McCarthy was. He was allowed to surround himself with coaches of v little exp or pedigree and no other footballing knowledge remains at Wolverhampton Wanderers FOOTBALL Club. We are not Wolverhampton Wanderers BUSINESS PROBITY club.

A director of football now. A coach who will work with that structure shortly thereafter.

Strats

Reaction score
Yep, I'll bet that there's more than one ex manager of WWFC that could tell us a story or two ... but all have 'walked away' (or been pushed, more likely) with their heads held high (maybe not Glenda) ... none more so than MM, a true gentleman to the last.

... unlike two others at Molineux that I can think of.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know managers sign a confidentiallity agreement for a reason and it's not so they can't tell other teams tactics.

The fan's would drag Jez out of the club if there were stories of penny pinching and failed transfer deals.

E

Essex Wolf

McCarthy was out of his depth in the PL and bringing him back now would make the club look even more foolish that it already does, hard as it may seem to believe.

Once Wolves are relegated there could be an argument to bring him back but what would happen if he did take Wolves back up?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarthy was out of his depth in the PL and bringing him back now would make the club look even more foolish that it already does, hard as it may seem to believe.

Once Wolves are relegated there could be an argument to bring him back but what would happen if he did take Wolves back up?

Let's not forget if Reading and Blues hadn't wobbled with us, we may have finished 3rd that season.

I remember losing to Burnley, Valentines Day, it was about -10 up Turf Moor and the fans were going mad at him.

F

FLEET WOLF

I would see if he would agree to come back until the end of the season-he would probably tell the Club to do one. I still think he could just about keep us up, particularly with TC going back to his former role. It is not ideal and we would once again look daft, but $$$$ the football world and what they think, if we stay up.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about this.

P 101
W 25
D 23
L 58
GF 106
GA 161
GD -55
PTS 106

106 points from 101 games. Pro-rata that and it's near as dammit 40 points for the season. I think most Wolves fans would bite your arm off if offered them that now.

Bottom line is that things didn't look good before Mick went, but they're much worse now. Don't think even Merlin could save us.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hire MM and Dave Jones as a double act. That should guarantee Div 3 football within three years.

L

luckyjim

Hmmmm, because we were doing brilliantly before TC was appointed? :rolleyes: Part of the reason we are in this position is because Morgan lacked the ruthless pragmatism to recognize Mick was an incompetent Prem manager.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to happen.

Better bet than TC - absolutely.
Should have ben sacked before he was - xxpossiblyxx 100% Definitely
Should have not been sacked in Feb - absolutely

Chain of events that has unfolded since can be put down to Mick's legacy - probably
Chain of events that has unfolded since can be put down to board failing to have succssion plan in advance - 100%

100% Agree with all of that except the one I've changed ....

D

Deleted member 3751

Because it's a $$$$ing stupid idea. At the moment Wolves have a Mick McCarthy millstone hanging round their neck and we need to break as far away from everything McCarthy as possible. Then we can move forward.

D

Deleted member 3751

How about this.

P 101
W 25
D 23
L 58
GF 106
GA 161
GD -55
PTS 106

Surely that equates to 98 points, not 106.

Back
Top Bottom