Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have to say???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
It's all sort of good with the Wolves???.

We are essentially financially secure.

Minimal investment by FOSUN, say £175 million and now at least breakeven profitable!!!

We're not a biggy to FOSUN!!!, they make one billion in profits every year!!!

We're a bit of a jewel in the crown and probably represent say 1% of there net investments!!!, no more!!!

In some respects we are just a football play thing!!!, which they have let Shi loose on, after a 2 year initial investment if £175 million to get us premiership secure!!!, SKY TV rights and money all important, including abroad!!! and at minimum break even profitability!!!, to cap the initial two year investment at a reasonable point???.

FOSUN must essentially as an investment be sort of cool with us as Premiership clubs barring your Top 6 are trading in sale at approx. £200 million for the also rans???.

Essentially it's looking like they are in for the long term!!!, but who knows???, but I don't expect a sale in the short term!!!, why bother!!!, they get say £200 million!!!, there investment say £175 million!!!, only turn say a £25 million on sale which is peanuts to FOSUN!!!.

Might make £20 million a year in profits like last year!!!, but don't forget the Jota sale etc!!!, trading players is partially the name of the game!!!, buy low through Uncle Jorge, sell high after say a couple of years???.

OK, we always seem cusp of Europe!!!, might be mid table next year!!!, with the likes of Villa and Newcastle threatening to splash the cash!!!, but this is silly money!!!, chasing a European dream which essentially won't work!!!, say like Leicester City tried there luck and even Everton!!!

Isn't it all sort of good???, OK not the dream of Europe!!!

But Villa and Newcastle are sort of blowing hundreds of millions!!!, Leicester City tried this game and have sort of failed!!!, Everton are a train wreck!!!, probably down over a billion once there silly new ground has been paid for???.

As far as managers!!!, well Viera is the new man of the moment!!!, but hey ho!!!, remember Leeds and Belisa!!!, loads have come and gone before that including Nuno!!!, Manchester United are having a mare in the manager respect!!!, Ferguson don't forget was before the Glaziers took over and run a different operation and even Chelsea are allways chopping and changing!!!.

Next year we can almost guarantee say mid table!!!, you just can as we've been sort of the same or better for say 5 years!!!. Shi will at least keep us competitive to principally keep the foreign Asia sky viewers happy!!!, the Molineux will be full next year with say 8,000 on the season ticket waiting lists???.

When in the last 50 years has there been a better time for Wolves???.

OK we'd love to hit the heights of the Champions League!!!, but who has broken the Top 6 in the last 10/20 years!!!, I'm sorry Leicester City just made a short appearance!!!, backed by silly King Power money!!!, I think even Leicester City are now playing a different game??? and have realised a sort of flucky Premiership title and one year Champions League thing!!!, essentially did the club no long term financial good or really raised the clubs profile???.

It's all rather good!!!, as not sort of boom/bust for hundreds of millions, possibly sort of half a billion like Villa???, before we're even talking Newcastle and Leicester???, Everton turning into a train wreck of a club at say a billion in time???

Far better than the Albion and have fun with Lai sort of destined for the championship on the umpteenth manager, Lai has sort written them off as a £200 million investment in the premiership!!!, they won't come back!!!, possibly ever!!!

As for Birmingham City!!!, sort of a Derby County in the making???.

When in the last 50 years could you say what I've just said???, its all steady as a rock!!!, sort of not 'the dream!!!', but hey ho give it say 10 years!!!, you simply don't just break the top 6!!!, no one has done it essentially in the last 10/20 years!!!, they are a bit out of sight!!!, well at the present time???.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The internet has slang for this kind of post. It's called: "cope"

Everything can always be worse. We all know this. However, this isn't a good excuse to justify for mismanagement in the present in various levels of the club. We are now in the Premier League with a chairman who made bombastic proclamations that heightened expectations and now they're walking them back. Everyone is chuffed to be here, sure. But it's another thing to continually get close and have the chairman kneecap any further progress that has resulted in the recent decline from our peak in Europa. It's disappointing, and it is absolutely okay for us to feel disappointed.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy to 'fail' like Leicester if it meant winning the Premier League and the FA Cup in the last few years.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
The internet has slang for this kind of post. It's called: "cope"

Everything can always be worse. We all know this. However, this isn't a good excuse to justify for mismanagement in the present in various levels of the club. We are now in the Premier League with a chairman who made bombastic proclamations that heightened expectations and now they're walking them back. Everyone is chuffed to be here, sure. But it's another thing to continually get close and have the chairman kneecap any further progress that has resulted in the recent decline from our peak in Europa. It's disappointing, and it is absolutely okay for us to feel disappointed.

I'm sorry!!!, Jeff knows essentially the Europa just a folly!!!, probably more trouble than it was worth in many respects!!, no money essentially in it!!!, the club profile was not raised by it!!!, even TV wasn't essentially bothered by it!!!!, no one essentially was bothered except probably the Mokineux supporters, some who had at most some sort of weekend breaks???.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Minimal investment by FOSUN, say £175 million and now at least breakeven profitable!!!

We're a bit of a jewel in the crown and probably represent say 1% of there net investments!!!, no more!!!

In some respects we are just a football play thing!!!, which they have let Shi loose on, after a 2 year initial investment if £175 million to get us premiership secure!!!, SKY TV rights and money all important, including abroad!!! and at minimum break even profitability!!!, to cap the initial two year investment at a reasonable point???.

FOSUN must essentially as an investment be sort of cool with us as Premiership clubs barring your Top 6 are trading in sale at approx. £200 million for the also rans???.

Essentially it's looking like they are in for the long term!!!, but who knows???, but I don't expect a sale in the short term!!!, why bother!!!, they get say £200 million!!!, there investment say £175 million!!!, only turn say a £25 million on sale which is peanuts to FOSUN!!!.

Might make £20 million a year in profits like last year!!!, but don't forget the Jota sale etc!!!, trading players is partially the name of the game!!!, buy low through Uncle Jorge, sell high after say a couple of years???.

OK, we always seem cusp of Europe!!!, might be mid table next year!!!, with the likes of Villa and Newcastle threatening to splash the cash!!!, but this is silly money!!!, chasing a European dream which essentially won't work!!!, say like Leicester City tried there luck and even Everton!!!

But Villa and Newcastle are sort of blowing hundreds of millions!!!, Leicester City tried this game and have sort of failed!!!, Everton are a train wreck!!!, probably down over a billion once there silly new ground has been paid for???.

As far as managers!!!, well Viera is the new man of the moment!!!, but hey ho!!!, remember Leeds and Belisa!!!, loads have come and gone before that including Nuno!!!, Manchester United are having a mare in the manager respect!!!, Ferguson don't forget was before the Glaziers took over and run a different operation and even Chelsea are allways chopping and changing!!!.

Next year we can almost guarantee say mid table!!!, you just can as we've been sort of the same or better for say 5 years!!!. Shi will at least keep us competitive to principally keep the foreign Asia sky viewers happy!!!, the Molineux will be full next year with say 8,000 on the season ticket waiting lists???.

OK we'd love to hit the heights of the Champions League!!!, but who has broken the Top 6 in the last 10/20 years!!!, I'm sorry Leicester City just made a short appearance!!!, backed by silly King Power money!!!, I think even Leicester City are now playing a different game??? and have realised a sort of flucky Premiership title and one year Champions League thing!!!, essentially did the club no long term financial good or really raised the clubs profile???.

It's all rather good!!!, as not sort of boom/bust for hundreds of millions, possibly sort of half a billion like Villa???, before we're even talking Newcastle and Leicester???, Everton turning into a train wreck of a club at say a billion in time???

Far better than the Albion and have fun with Lai sort of destined for the championship on the umpteenth manager, Lai has sort written them off as a £200 million investment in the premiership!!!, they won't come back!!!, possibly ever!!!

When in the last 50 years could you say what I've just said???, its all steady as a rock!!!, sort of not 'the dream!!!', but hey ho give it say 10 years!!!, you simply don't just break the top 6!!!, no one has done it essentially in the last 10/20 years!!!, they are a bit out of sight!!!, well at the present time???.
A breath of fresh air, good read thank you

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good post but I think it will not be accepted by many the way you intend.
I for one am glad that we have sound, prudent, thoughtful and responsible management/owners. Even though I was over the moon and grateful to be back in the PL, ( still am……every day), I knew that consistently breaking into the top 6 and Europe was going to take time.
I mean, who didn’t know that, what with FFP and our budget/revenue?

Good, steady progress is not to be sneezed at.

And we all know that every transfer is a gamble and they don’t all work out but that’s something we have to accept.
Maybe it’s my age,(68), but I tend to be philosophical and find that, as I can’t change the result of a game, or a VAR decision or the lousy injury to Raul, reasonable acceptance of fate makes being a Wolves fan enjoyable.
And I also see Wolves from a business point of view and not just as a fan.

Sure there‘s frustration and disappointment at times but hey, after all the money spent on players and their wages, City fans feel that today too.

Am I sold on Bruno?……no. The lack of goals pre Xmas is STILL a huge red flag to the point that, even if we get 3 new players of Bruno’s choosing, in this upcoming window, I‘m not confident the problem will be rectified.

But, overall, imo, Wolves are in a good place.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Well OK, but just the way I type, regardless of which???, Champions League pretentions for Wolves???, really???, have you seen our attack???.
It’s not the way you post, well not until this thread anyway. Calm it down please.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry!!!, Jeff knows essentially the Europa just a folly!!!, probably more trouble than it was worth in many respects!!, no money essentially in it!!!, the club profile was not raised by it!!!, even TV wasn't essentially bothered by it!!!!, no one essentially was bothered except probably the Mokineux supporters, some who had at most some sort of weekend breaks???.
I may be wrong but, after flights, hotels, food etc I think we made about £8m on the Europa.
That’s a HUGE help when we need to keep within FFP rules and are trying to entice good players to sign with us.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Is there a summary of the first post someone can point me to please?

Assuming the poster is on question mark commission.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the way it is under FOSUN!!!, never change!!!, until FOSUN sell???, my feeling of it neither here nor there, but the way it is, again sorry, I'm sort of myself caught in no man's land on it???.
Hi Jeff.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi doesn't a monkies about FFP!!!!, £8 million peanuts!!!, I can assure you of that???.
And you know this how? ………..or better, still, why would you think that because it’s a constant restriction.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tried watching the football ! The primary purpose is to entertain and exhilarate , score and win .

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crystal Palaces recruitment policy is (and has been for quite a while) quite excellent. Helps they're in London obvs as that alone draws players in.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why have you suddenly started talking like this, when in your previous posts you've been capable of coherent English?

Well????????!!!!!!!!!

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top tip - - - when using solvents,,,, do so in a well ventilated area!!!!!

giphy.gif

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's nice to get a bit of positivity around here!

After the last 45 years of supporting wolves, I am grateful for a stint in the big league. Given the TV / Media age we are in I think it's absolutely critical to have the exposure of the premier league or you run the risk of becoming a forgotten relic of the past.

You might have some significance regionally, but without premier league exposure Nationally and Internationally you are nothing.

It will only get harder to improve on the 7th or 8th place finish we have had under Nuno and now under Lage.

Everton, Leeds (if they both survive), Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Brighton, and Palace will all expect to do much better next season. I also think Fulham and Bournemouth will be no mugs, and if Forrest get promoted their owners will also invest.

I was very worried about this season and predicted a 15th place finish because I just could not see where the goals were coming from.

I do think they will invest in more offensive players; we will have Neto back to his best and MGW will undoubtedly contribute more than Trincao. But I fear the impact of losing Neves and Moutinho - they are not great at creating goals, but they are effective at helping to shield the defense.

Right now it is impossible to say if we will re-group in the summer and push on, or struggle to maintain our premier league status.

Personally, I think Newcastle, Leicester, and Villa will all finish above us next year because even with selling Neves I don't think we can bring in enough quality to maintain that 7th or 8th spot - I most certainly don't think we will buy well enough to trouble the top six.

I know what Jeff said when Fosun took over, but that is the issue with Geo-politics and economic cycles - businesses change their mind on strategy and priorities.

We will sell Neves and a few others, we have probably also bit of retained profit to throw into the pot as well, so I could see us spending £70m or £80m on three or four players and picking up a couple out of contracts. But we are not going to spend the £150m to £200m needed to have a real crack at the top six.

But I am ok with a top ten finish, especially if they can keep picking up players that may make the first team. You just need a class of 92 situation all coming together - as Jeff says "Time is our friend"

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Is this the return of The Heron?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah everything is brill, 7 defeats in 10 is the stuff of dreams, wait until the fully justified ticket price increases, it's only fair we are now competing with Leicester and Man U

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be very glad that you don't have to pay by the punctuation mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom