Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Wolves have scored every one of the 20 penalties we’ve been given in the PL since we were promoted in 2018.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We’ve missed a couple in cup games to be fair, I just thought that was a fairly impressive record and doesn’t really tally with my lack of confidence whenever we get a penalty!
There was that cup game when Raul handed the ball to Hwang and he missed

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was that cup game when Raul handed the ball to Hwang and he missed
Yeah that was the other one. Those are the only two outside of shootouts that we’ve missed though I believe.

We actually scored our last 3 in the PL in the 2011/12 season as well so that’s 23 in a row in the PL. So we all know what’s coming don’t we!

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
If Wolves could beat one of the title challengers in next few weeks, any preferences? For personal reasons, has to be Arsenal for me. I like Pep and what Citeh are doing for their community, so final game wreck of Klopp's farewell would be kind of good too.

Obviously, love to see us win all 3, but those three clubs are miles away from the rest. In the pre-season prediction, I had Wolves in the berth currently occupied by Forest. Whatever unfolds in remaining games, it's been a very good and promising season. Injuries killed our momentum.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that was the other one. Those are the only two outside of shootouts that we’ve missed though I believe.

We actually scored our last 3 in the PL in the 2011/12 season as well so that’s 23 in a row in the PL. So we all know what’s coming don’t we!
We do now, Jonah.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves could beat one of the title challengers in next few weeks, any preferences? For personal reasons, has to be Arsenal for me. I like Pep and what Citeh are doing for their community, so final game wreck of Klopp's farewell would be kind of good too.

Obviously, love to see us win all 3, but those three clubs are miles away from the rest. In the pre-season prediction, I had Wolves in the berth currently occupied by Forest. Whatever unfolds in remaining games, it's been a very good and promising season. Injuries killed our momentum.
I can imagine how sickening the media love in will be if the dippers win the league so I’m praying we beat them.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a practical purpose for players spitting so often or is it just a nasty habit
It’s not a nasty habit….and not only done by soccer players. Ice hockey players do it also.

According to BBC Science Focus, exercise increases the amount of protein that is secreted into the saliva, specifically a kind of mucus called MUC5B. This mucus is responsible for making the saliva thicker, thus making it harder to swallow, so the natural response is to spit it out.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a nasty habit….and not only done by soccer players. Ice hockey players do it also.

According to BBC Science Focus, exercise increases the amount of protein that is secreted into the saliva, specifically a kind of mucus called MUC5B. This mucus is responsible for making the saliva thicker, thus making it harder to swallow, so the natural response is to spit it out.
How do you feel when walking behind someone who gobs on the pavement right in front of you?

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Would be ideal if Wolves and Spurs beat Arsenal. I want City to win it, but I do have Arsenal as favourites. They look so strong in every department.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Gabriel incident in last night's game?

in case you didn't, Raya places the ball down for a goal kick and the ref blows his whistle. Raya passes to Gabriel, who is about 5 yards to his left. Gabriel obviously thinks Raya is giving him the ball to take the goal kick so bends down, catches the ball with his hands, puts it down and plays the ball back to Raya. the Ref lets play go on.

Obviously the Arsenal players act as if nothing has happened but the Bayern Manager goes mental on the sidelines. The Ref later said that he'd seen it but "it was a kid mistake and I'm not going to give a penalty in a quarter-final for that"

I'm sorry but if that was against us i would be livid. It's as clear a handball decision as it's possible to get! How can the Ref see it and decide he's not going to apply the law as it's just a silly mistake and we'll just let them get on with the game. Utterly bonkers!

Obviously, the English pundits say it's a great decision. would love to have heard their comments if it had been a Bayern player that did it!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Gabriel incident in last night's game?

in case you didn't, Raya places the ball down for a goal kick and the ref blows his whistle. Raya passes to Gabriel, who is about 5 yards to his left. Gabriel obviously thinks Raya is giving him the ball to take the goal kick so bends down, catches the ball with his hands, puts it down and plays the ball back to Raya. the Ref lets play go on.

Obviously the Arsenal players act as if nothing has happened but the Bayern Manager goes mental on the sidelines. The Ref later said that he'd seen it but "it was a kid mistake and I'm not going to give a penalty in a quarter-final for that"

I'm sorry but if that was against us i would be livid. It's as clear a handball decision as it's possible to get! How can the Ref see it and decide he's not going to apply the law as it's just a silly mistake and we'll just let them get on with the game. Utterly bonkers!

Obviously, the English pundits say it's a great decision. would love to have heard their comments if it had been a Bayern player that did it!
For anyone who didn't see it.

And Arsenal were moaning they didn't get a penalty for Saka kicking Neuer!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I'd say not a penalty, but he couldn't complain at all if it'd been given.

Intent doesn't really come into the rules, but in such a weird case, I think some leniency for it clearly being a misunderstanding is needed. There was obviously no advantage at all in handling it, so play on.

Hazza

Reaction score
Atwell and Coote on VAR for a Champions League 1/4 Final - what could go wrong

Back
Top Bottom