Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hypocrisy on this site when it comes to racism

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got an infraction for defending racial equality and reminding posters that I'm not a ---- and shared a few stories of being violently attacked by 80s football terrace racists. I get a warning/infraction for stating this. I get an infraction for calling out the racists.

All of yesterday, all I saw on this site is references to Argentinians and Italians are, by heredity/DNA/genetically incapable of honest behavior. The most vile racism, absolutely in your face shocking filth and not a single edit or comment from Mutchy or any of the mods.

$$$$ing disappointing. It's not banter, it's not light hearted, it's a dying social construct that has no room on the field, the terraces or molmix.

If the mods don't get on top of it, this site will be a dying haven for the half a dozen or so morons that spoil it for the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't think it was racist if shown to be true ?

Reaction score
I got an infraction for defending racial equality and reminding posters that I'm not a card carrier of ---- and shared a few stories of being violently attacked by 80s football terrace racists. I get a warning/infraction for stating this. I get an infraction for calling out the racists.

All of yesterday, all I saw on this site is references to Argentinians and Italians are, by heredity/DNA/genetically incapable of honest behavior. The most vile racism, absolutely in your face shocking filth and not a single edit or comment from Mutchy or any of the mods.

$$$$ing disappointing. It's not banter, it's not light hearted, it's a dying social construct that has no room on the field, the terraces or molmix.

If the mods don't get on top of it, this site will be a dying haven for the half a dozen or so morons that spoil it for the rest.
How many of those posts did you report to bring to the mods attention? We can't read every post of every thread every day.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based on your experience of knowing every Italian and Argentinian thats ever walked this earth.[emoji17]

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had problems on here with religious intolerance and the Mods turn a blind eye. Even encourage it under 'free speech' $$$$$$$$! Yet $$$$$$$$ is censored. You get used to it!

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for banter and poking fun at each other. Yesterday was different, yesterday was 1980s racist nasty. Even 2 of the posts above are disappointingly ignorant. I strive for free speech and am not one of those that's easily offended or looking for it, but when my ears and eyes are attacked by drivel taken straight out the National Front 1982 playbook then I have to call it out.

No place for it here or anywhere else, it doesn't reflect society at all.

E

Essex Wolf

Not a dig at any particular Mod, who I accept at times have a tough job, but I'd had plenty of infraction warnings over the years and IMV some wholly undeserved.

It got to the point it just seemed they were handed out willy nilly like some sort of Big Brother approach.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on your experience of knowing every Italian and Argentinian thats ever walked this earth.[emoji17]

Logical fallacy 101, you should have left that on the playground. I'll flip it, you keep your mouth shut on this issue unless you've personally met every Englishman and woman whose parents were not English, quiz them on their experiences growing up in England and then quizz them on fairness and only then can you bring it to the table. In the interim, kindly shut it (according to your own logic).

Not my approach but by your standards you need to shut your gob.

B

Battleship

There is no way that any country is bad due to DNA. I do believe, though, that the quality of a people is critically dependant on the quality of its leaders. I would cite Germany as an obvious example: good people now, bad people during the 12 years of Hitler. If this model has merit, then it's easy to see that if multiple generations of a country live under bad leaders, it will be difficult to make it good again because such people just won't vote for (or re-elect) a good person.

This is why it is INCREDIBLY important that when a country first becomes democratic, it gets a good person - and it's largely a matter of luck: much of Europe, South Korea, Japan, Botswana and Taiwan are examples of lucky countries. Yugoslavia (which ended up shrinking down to Serbia) was unlucky.

btw - did you see the anti-prejudice thread I started? Link.

L

luckyjim

I got an infraction for defending racial equality and reminding posters that I'm not a card carrier of------- and shared a few stories of being violently attacked by 80s football terrace racists. I get a warning/infraction for stating this. I get an infraction for calling out the racists.

Your references to ------- are equally vile and racist.

S

Space Wolf

TBH as soon as I heard what Forestieri had done, I knew it'd only be a matter of time before someone brought his nationality into it.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I got an infraction for defending racial equality and reminding posters that I'm not a card carrier of ----- and shared a few stories of being violently attacked by 80s football terrace racists. I get a warning/infraction for stating this. I get an infraction for calling out the racists.

No, you received your warning for the use of '-------', nothing more, and here you are using it again.
As I told you at the time, you cannot have it both ways. Speaking out against racism is admirable, but the use of such a term also undermines that stance.
I did miss the posts you refer to, and I'm sorry for that. However posters have been pulled up in the past for the use of nationality as part of an insult - something we do not want on here - though I'm sure examples can still be found on the forum.
As WABOC said, we cannot see everything on here, and the report post function is there for your use.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that any country is bad due to DNA. I do believe, though, that the quality of a people is critically dependant on the quality of its leaders. I would cite Germany as an obvious example: good people now, bad people during the 12 years of Hitler.

what a load of $$$$$$$$: to throw a blanket over the german people and claim they were "bad people" during the 3rd Reich is rather a ridiculous and insulting over-simplification of a complex and unique time in German history.

There are good and bad in all people in ALL countries and at ALL times

and then to say that german people are all "good" now is equally ridiculous: I have met some pretty awful German people since ww2(!!), but then I have met some pretty awful new zealanders too (and they may well say the same about me!)

over-simplifications fuel stereotypes

B

Battleship

what a load of $$$$$$$$: to throw a blanket over the german people and claim they were "bad people" during the 3rd Reich is rather a ridiculous and insulting over-simplification of a complex and unique time in German history.

There are good and bad in all people in ALL countries and at ALL times

and then to say that german people are all "good" now is equally ridiculous: I have met some pretty awful German people since ww2(!!), but then I have met some pretty awful new zealanders too (and they may well say the same about me!)

over-simplifications fuel stereotypes
You make an excellent point, and you are right to point out that tarring a whole nation with the same brush was reprehensible.

Let's not forget what Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney taught us in Ebony And Ivory: there is good and bad in everyone. Germany's government at that time seemed to have a way of bringing out the bad side of people. During that period, the number of people who turned bad, and the extent to which they turned bad, is truly horrifying to me.

We all agree that the fighting outside Molineux on Saturday was reprehensible. Let's suppose that 10-20 people were involved. If it had been like the Germany of that time, two or three thousand would have been involved, and most of the others wouldn't have seen anything.

Let us choose our leaders carefully.

D

Dewsburywolf

It's like people for instance saying all Muslims are bad due to the antics of Al Quaida & now ISIS. There's also ignorant people who think that all Pakistanis must be of the same faith & thus get tarred with the same brush

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Germany's government at that time seemed to have a way of bringing out the bad side of people. During that period, the number of people who turned bad, and the extent to which they turned bad, is truly horrifying to me.

We all agree that the fighting outside Molineux on Saturday was reprehensible. Let's suppose that 10-20 people were involved. If it had been like the Germany of that time, two or three thousand would have been involved, and most of the others wouldn't have seen anything.

Let us choose our leaders carefully.

Germany did not turn into some cesspit of evil and debauchery in the 1920's, 30's and 40's, with "bad"german people everywhere, running amok and causing death, chaos, terror and destruction where-ever they went.

Yes things went on for sure and these have been well documented. was every citiizen of germany responsible? How many knew the extent of what went on?

Does every American citizen have blood on their hands after every drone strike that takes out civilians in the middle east? do they even hear about the drone strike casualty rates for civilians? I doubt the US government is too keen on anyone finding out about its dark side

interesting questions :cool:

very easy to look back on a period of time and see clearly what is going on, but when you caught up in the middle of it we don't have such a clear view of things.

People just dont "turn bad" over night: what went on in that time was the result of a whole heap of different factors combining to create an atmosphere which allowed the Nazi party to gain popularity.

to simplify it down to people turning "bad" because of a bad government is not doing history justice. Did german people suddenly become "good" as soon as WW2 ended?

no its not so black and white is it.

Don't forget that at the same time as the 3rd Reich, the USA was an apartheid state and the British Empire ruled the waves.

Racism was far more socially "acceptable", and in fact sometimes institutionalised back then.

was everyone bad and evil in those days? Probably no more or less then they are today. Did they perhaps have different values and beliefs and forces motivating them? yes most definitely.

as for the last comment comparing Molineux to nazi germany: I don't follow your logic?

M

morosewolf

I haven't seen the posts that the OP refers to but can have a good guess. In terms of social acceptability there is a distinction between xenophobic descriptions based on national stereotypes and racial discrimination based upon colour and / or religion.

I will leave it to others to debate whether this is acceptable or not and how far you take it, but for example, Americans are seen as loud and brash, that's a lazy stereotype based on nationality, but is it racist?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the mods are generally consistent. I certainly got an infraction for racism against an Uruguayan footballer a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 3604

I'm not a card carrier of ------- and .... I get an infraction for calling out the racists.

I find the term ------ racially offensive and I wish you'd stop using it petulantly. You need to direct your ire at the ruling class in this country who by virtue of the location of these Isles on the planet are more likely to be White. The more South you go on this planet the more likely you are to be of a ruling class that has darker skin. When I say ruling class I mean those who are paid/bribed to carry out the orders of what I see as a very miniscule minority so called elite ( I call them the Zionist bankers/media etc ). They form secret societies and attended meetings such as Bilderberg. They divide and conquer, they socially-engineer and they create people like you to fuel the fire. You need to understand that racism/prejudice is present in all - not least your self as evidenced by the continued use of the derogatory/racist word Club whitey. Different groups stereotype other different groups and shock horror those that do aren't always predominantly white in colour. Now, you must understand that 99% of us, all colours and creeds have our ' divisive ' lives controlled by this so-called elite and maybe it's time we all unified. Be a part of the solution and not the problem.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Barnet Wolf uses the term "-------" deliberately to cause offence to Caucasians. I may be completely wrong and apologies if so but I think it offends me. Like when a loud mouthed American calls me a "Limey". It's not meant as banter.

If we used the term "Black tribe" or "Coffee Warriors" (for instance) we'd be rightly pulled up I think.

Back
Top Bottom