Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hurt

DowntownWolf

Reaction score
Watford by a country mile...

Compounded by our coach driver having ballsed up his Tacho timings, leaving us sat down a Wembley side street, post heart-break, on a stationary coach for 4 hours until he could legally set off for home.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The semis are in 5 weeks' time - a fair chance we'd have had Cunha, Dawson and Hwang back for that one.
Or another way to look at it is, we didn’t have the squad for a quarter final.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
We definitely had the squad to beat Coventry in a quarter final. It was just a desperately poor display on the day, especially at the back.
Think we could have beaten Chelsea or Man U in a semi final as well. Makes it more annoying for me. Doesn't hurt that much anymore, but if I haven't seen us win a trophy by the time I'm 70 then this will sting again.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we could have beaten Chelsea or Man U in a semi final as well. Makes it more annoying for me. Doesn't hurt that much anymore, but if I haven't seen us win a trophy by the time I'm 70 then this will sting again.
That's it, isn't it. Another year goes by as we clutch to that faint hope that one day we'll lift another trophy.
I'm thankful that've seen it happen in my lifetime as these opportunities don't come around very often.

Those born post Bully era are still waiting their first, unless you count the Play-Off Final or some trophy won in a pre-season tournament in Switzerland.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know if they've previously made the official "Molineux Mix Games of Hurt and Heartache", but I'd like to nominate a League Cup Semi Final and a EUFA Cup Final, both against Tottenham Hotspur in the early 70's.
Still scarred after all these years. :(

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford was sickening, no doubt. The worse defeat of all the 5 semis in my time supporting the old gold. However, they were a PL side and not too shabby that season. But Coventry, being a champo side, us seemingly getting out of jail, only to throw it all away with only 3 minutes on the clock, has hit me hard. **** I'm still fuming today. Why on earth we couldn't just foul, disrupt, hoof, feign injury, make a sub, etc. anything to wind down the clock, I don't know. Gary's quick to get someone to go down to get instructions on to the pitch, to make in game tactical changes. Why didn't he do that deep into added time before they got the equaliser and certainly before they got the winner? FFS it's horrible sometimes being a wolf! Grrrrrr!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So the championship, league one, the playoffs

All came with trophies!!!!!!

So unless you started supporting wolves in the last 5 years, you have 100% seen us win a trophy…..

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
That's it, isn't it. Another year goes by as we clutch to that faint hope that one day we'll lift another trophy.
I'm thankful that've seen it happen in my lifetime as these opportunities don't come around very often.

Those born post Bully era are still waiting their first, unless you count the Play-Off Final or some trophy won in a pre-season tournament in Switzerland.
It is frustrating and I do get upset. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I will wait until my last day on this Earth if I have to.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
So the championship, league one, the playoffs

All came with trophies!!!!!!

So unless you started supporting wolves in the last 5 years, you have 100% seen us win a trophy…..
Come on. You're just trying to start something. You know what most people mean when they say 'trophy' and those usually don't qualify.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on. You're just trying to start something. You know what most people mean when they say 'trophy' and those usually don't qualify.

They 100% qualify, the playoffs was cheeky I admit that.

But some fans never see a league 1/2 or even national league championship win.

League one involved a record points haul….. that is bloody great trophy to have in the cabinet.

To dismiss the recent league trophies we have won, is more than a little bit sad…….

They were great days when they did the bus tours around the city. Those trophies do and will always “qualify” to any football fan….. especially in the age of city buying every English major trophy!

We have won more in the last 12 years than many clubs will win in their entire histories!!!!

it is sad that you dismiss them as not qualifying, as I bet you they qualify to the club, staff and players who won them…..

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
They 100% qualify, the playoffs was cheeky I admit that.

But some fans never see a league 1/2 or even national league championship win.

League one involved a record points haul….. that is bloody great trophy to have in the cabinet.

To dismiss the recent league trophies we have won, is more than a little bit sad…….

They were great days when they did the bus tours around the city. Those trophies do and will always “qualify” to any football fan….. especially in the age of city buying every English major trophy!

We have won more in the last 12 years than many clubs will win in their entire histories!!!!

it is sad that you dismiss them as not qualifying, as I bet you they qualify to the club, staff and players who won them…..
I know that they are trophies, I know we have won them and I am obviously happy we did. I am not dismissing them at all because any competition win is a proud moment for our club, for any club.

I am just saying that, in these conversations, most fans are referring to an FA Cup, League Cup or title. That's my understanding of it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that they are trophies, I know we have won them and I am obviously happy we did. I am not dismissing them at all because any competition win is a proud moment for our club, for any club.

I am just saying that, in these conversations, most fans are referring to an FA Cup, League Cup or title. That's my understanding of it.

But go back the last 10 years and now looking into the future based on the current footballing, take away Leicester, unless you are city or the top 3 of the sky 6 clubs the chances of winning anything like prem or FA cup are very very very slim, you could almost describe it as getting struck by lightening in terms of possibility……..

It means that the barometer needs to change if you support any club who isn’t in that tiny cluster of super rich clubs who were there before FFP closed the doors on winning trophies if you aren’t them……

Also, any footballer will always count the winners trophy for the championship down to league two as a trophy…….. so why wouldn’t a fan?

Back
Top Bottom