Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How will it effect you?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would relegation effect you personally?? Some on here act like they'd commit suicide reading some threads so it got me wondering. Myself as much as I'd be frustrated and annoyed I wouldn't go around moping for the next 12 months if it happens, far more important things in life to contend with other than my football team not being as good as I'd like.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll get the $$$$ taken at work but nothing like what you guys get living and working in the midlands.

In the PL every goal we scored and me and my old man would be on the phone to each other, now he doesn't even check the scores and both of us have stopped going although that's more to do with our protestation at the stewardship than what league we are in.

If the fans really start to turn on Morgan I would probably start going again because forcing an owner out of the club needs the energy of as many fans as possible.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only go to the odd game now as work keeps me in Scotland.

I am resigned to years and years of being amongst Crawley and Hartlepool and although it will be sad I shall not do myself in.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How will affect me? People I know will take the $$$$ and I'll smile and let them crack on but other than that? It won't affect me at all. It's not my first relegation to the third division and whatever Wolves do or don't do they have now lost the ability to $$$$ up my life / weekend. I no longer care that much.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would be pretty gutted because of just how badly we have messed things up over the last 18 months. However, my first season supporting Wolves was in the old Fourth Division anyway so it almost feels like everything is coming full circle.

Like you say, there are far more important things to worry about. Have another baby due towards the end of May so any sleepless nights will be caused by him/her rather than my worry for Wolves (and at least I no longer have to worry about the possibility of the birth date clashing with the Play-Off Final) :)

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opportunity to get to some new grounds.

B

Brandons gramps

I'll just have to avoid my Walsall supporting mate until we give them a proper tonking...

B

bridgnorthwolf

As long as Saunders is gone, I'll be as committed as ever.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be pretty gutted because of just how badly we have messed things up over the last 18 months. However, my first season supporting Wolves was in the old Fourth Division anyway so it almost feels like everything is coming full circle.

Like you say, there are far more important things to worry about. Have another baby due towards the end of May so any sleepless nights will be caused by him/her rather than my worry for Wolves (and at least I no longer have to worry about the possibility of the birth date clashing with the Play-Off Final) :)

Congrats on the baby :)

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Congrats on the baby :)

Cheers Ashley. Obviously felt we were getting too much sleep now that Jack (named after Sir Jack) is nearly 3.

Can't promise the second one will be called Morgan though...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'm going to enjoy visiting some new grounds, towns and cities - and enjoy the opportunity to stand on the terraces a lot more. I've watched a bit of my local-ish team up here - Gateshead - play in the conference and it's opened my eyes to lower league football and it's benefits.

My week used to hinge on how Wolves got on but that was about 15 years ago. Two kids later I have a greater appreciation for other things in life and whilst football is still quite important to me it has little, if any, impact on my every day life now. Modern football has killed my identity with the game. Maybe it'll affect those who live in Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas more.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Ashley. Obviously felt we were getting too much sleep now that Jack (named after Sir Jack) is nearly 3.

Can't promise the second one will be called Morgan though...

My little boys 18 months now running round kicking a ball! I've already got him some boots in case wolves are short next season! But as much as our recent decline $$$$s me off when I see the little man do something new i completely forget wolves. Some on here I fear sit at home sobbing for days on end!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won't.

One thing life has shown me over the past couple of years is that football is just a game, it turns out all the women in my life have been right all these years.

Happily my impending fatherhood coincides with us being $$$$, so at least I've got two reasons not to renew next season.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest answer, i no longer give a $$$$.

When i once again see a Wolverhampton Wanderers FC that i recognise, i will once again have that emotionally attachment.

Right now, all i see is a bunch of frauds, right from the boardroom to the pitch. I have no affinity with them whatsoever and as a result of that im pretty ambivalent to the club at present.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest answer, i no longer give a $$$$.

When i once again see a Wolverhampton Wanderers FC that i recognise, i will once again have that emotionally attachment.

Right now, all i see is a bunch of frauds, right from the boardroom to the pitch. I have no affinity with them whatsoever and as a result of that im pretty ambivalent to the club at present.

The worst thing is that this group has gone from a group that we could associate, working their arses off when they got promoted to a bunch of dicks who blatantly couldn't give a $$$$.

B

Bostin

I moved away from the Midlands last year, and for a while I wondered how I'd cope without going to the Wolves on a Saturday. It turns out it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I'd be gutted if we went down, but Wolves are way down the list of priorities in my life now.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was taking the $$$$ out of a few Bolton mates......so that may come back at me!

Ultimately it's a game, just a bit sad all round really.

But simply, I am Wolves and that will never change. Wherever we play.

If we keep going Down though, Morecambe's Globe arena is just round the corner.......

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
after supporting wolves for something like 56 years it will hurt like $$$$. ive know the feeling of supporting superb teams at this club, for a while in the 50s and again in the 70s, with some high hopes as well along the way, usually misguided. cant say this is like the 80s but it sits high in the major ****ups in the clubs history.

D

dazmanwolf

I will carry on supporting them regardless of what division we are in.

Sometimes it takes a fall to be able to regroup and come back stronger. It worked for Norwich and they were as crap as we are now when they went down to League 1.

hoop

Reaction score
After the last 2 years, I couldn't care less.

I can't wait for this season to be over so I won't have to feel like I have to go because of my season ticket.

I hate football.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
The worst thing is that this group has gone from a group that we could associate, working their arses off when they got promoted to a bunch of dicks who blatantly couldn't give a $$$$.

Yep. The team under McCarthy was the first one I had felt a real bond with and affinity for since the Turner side of my childhood. Made the absolute most of the ability they had and could never be accused of lacking heart or desire.

Genuinely sad (and frustrated) about what has happened since.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd pretty $$$$ed off and angry but I try and not let it bother me too much. Whenever we used to lose I'd spend days thinking about it and it really would mess up my weekend but I duno I either got used to it or I just didn't care as much.

Whether that's just down to me as a person or because it's a knock on effect from my feelings towards the clubs and current players, I don't know.

Part of me thinks though when we get relegated (I've already given up on us staying up to be honest) we'll at least get rid of the "old guard" and hopefully we'll start fresh with some of the youngsters but I doubt it. I just get the feeling we'll be another Sheffield Wednesday/Leeds/Charlton who are stuck in that division for a long long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PeteWolf

Benevolent.

It'll be nice for the Bury's and Hartlepool's to get an opportunity to play us.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Benevolent.

It'll be nice for the Bury's and Hartlepool's to get an opportunity to play us.

Benevolent???

adjective 1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile. 2. desiring to help others; charitable: gifts ...

You will be giving goodwill and kind feeleings towards our relegation?? That's wierd :)

J

Jameswwfc

I'll be pretty annoyed come may but by august will be pretty excited new grounds and new places to go. Most of the new modern day fan types wont bother hopefully either so that'll cheer me up to.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will just feel a bit bloody depressed all summer seeing the remaining half decent players such as o'hara, sako and johnson leaving the club. But conversely delighted to see the back of Foley, Ward, Edwards, Stearman (hopefully), Hunt, Berra, etc.

It's a bloody disgrace that Morgan has basically pit the club's development back five years or more by his idiotic decisions and actions.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take it on the chin. Wolves are not a third tier team, and I think we'd have the financial muscle to get a decent enough team together to get back to the Chump pretty quickly. It's getting back to the PL that will be the problem...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
never bothered me that much the last time we went down the divisions,i still went home and away and i will do the same this time around,not an happy bunny but nought we can do about it,you either support them or you dont.simple.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benevolent???

adjective 1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile. 2. desiring to help others; charitable: gifts ...

You will be giving goodwill and kind feeleings towards our relegation?? That's wierd :)

Benevolent towards the Burys and Hartlepools at giving them the opportunity to play us. Wimabigclub.

W

WATERLOO WOLF

My mate supports Rangers and said that after the initial shock and shame of seeing thier name in the 3rd Divison fixture lists, he and his pals embraced the whole concept and are now thoroughly enjoying the travelling road-show and seeing all the `new' little grounds dotted throughout Scotland.

Let's do the same and bring WWFC et al to all the natives !!

COME ON YOU WOLVES (COMPARED TO '85, THIS IS NOTHING)

F

FLEET WOLF

I'd take it on the chin. Wolves are not a third tier team, and I think we'd have the financial muscle to get a decent enough team together to get back to the Chump pretty quickly. It's getting back to the PL that will be the problem...

This really. I'll get stick from people around Fleet who know I am a Wolves fan, but you just have to take it on the chin, as you say. It does worry me, however, that the clowns running the circus could continue to $$$$ things up so that we either fester in League 1 for a a couple of years, or, even worse, we are relegated again.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Next year we'll be a third tier team and I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why we should be confident of promotion, relegation is more likely.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be embarrassed when friends take the mickey but other than that just check the scores whenever we play, won't stop me taking my memory pills from yesteryear, circa 1943 to 1960. Anyway I'm so old by the time next season starts I'll have forgotten this one!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be very embarrassing and I will be really $$$$ed off to be honest.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Enjoy the little un :D

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will not be renewing my ST or my wife's whatever happens. I have retired now and intend to spend as much of the winter as possible enjoying myself in the sun and playing golf. Freeing up the money I currently spend on Wolves, which is quite a lot including travel, beer, snacks etc., will allow me to spend even more time away from the cold English winter. I will always follow Wolves, as I have done since I was a small child, and will no doubt be on the net regularly checking their results and contributing here from time to time but although I will be gutted if we get relegated it is not life and death, despite what the late great Bill Shankly said.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will not be renewing my ST or my wife's whatever happens. I have retired now and intend to spend as much of the winter as possible enjoying myself in the sun and playing golf. Freeing up the money I currently spend on Wolves, which is quite a lot including travel, beer, snacks etc., will allow me to spend even more time away from the cold English winter. I will always follow Wolves, as I have done since I was a small child, and will no doubt be on the net regularly checking their results and contributing here from time to time but although I will be gutted if we get relegated it is not life and death, despite what the late great Bill Shankly said.

Welcome to the year long holiday season Woburn!

Back
Top Bottom