Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How Good is Neves?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve watched Wolves for around 60 years and am really struggling to think of a better Wolves mid field player during that time (although I’ve no memory of Peter Broadbent). The only one that comes close, in my eyes, is Kenny Hibbitt albeit mainly because of his goal scoring potential. Am I wrong?!

Tony Currie and Alan Hudson may have been slightly better(?)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he continues improving at the current rate he will very soon be approaching the level I reached playing for Edward Rose Ltd in the Bloxwich combination league circa 1987.

He will of course need a grade 2 and then highlight his hair to make it look like he is wearing a Davy Crockett hat to gain the full effect.

R

reanswolf

His vision and range of passing, and shooting is exceptional.
His effort and tackling is always there.
Mobility is average.

That's not meant as a slur, its probably why he's still at Wolves.

I adore him, he's still developing and evolving.
Best player I've seen in a Wolves kit. Scorer of best goal ever at Molineux too, plus several others.
But listen, I also love all of this squad - Diogo, Cav, Conor Coady, Willy Boly, Ryan Bennett, Moutinho, Costa, Doc, Raul, John Ruddy..........plus all the others.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think how good he will be in a few years!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My manyow supporting cuzzie reckons we will do well to keep him after this season.To be honest if he stays for another few years he will be at one of the biggest clubs anyway.:p

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling he will be sols in the summer to finance the next stage within the financial rules

S

Southbank Ebanks

If we can improve as a team at the same rate as Neves improves as an individual then we will be one hell of a force.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing holding him back from being the best ever Wolves midfielder is the lack of a Jack Price level of beardage.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is that good I have just booked a holiday in Porto just so I can kiss the ground he walked on. No I'm not joking..

M

Mr Wolf

He’s was good to average, now average to good. He was rightly dropped a few weeks back & has responded in the correct way which is good to see.

I think Dendoncker in next to him has raised his game as Donk will get about the pitch putting his foot & head in letting Neves get back to that Xavi Alsono role he’s quality at.

D

Deleted member 4152

He’s was good to average, now average to good. He was rightly dropped a few weeks back & has responded in the correct way which is good to see.

I think Dendoncker in next to him has raised his game as Donk will get about the pitch putting his foot & head in letting Neves get back to that Xavi Alsono role he’s quality at.
He is 21 and adapting to having a lot less space in the top division. Same as Jota.

Unreal how young they are

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd put him up there with the Major. That's how highly I rate him.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Super player although for me Moutinho is the best player I've seen in a Wolves shirt the guy just dominates the midfield a real class ace who Neves will learn from.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best midfielder I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt, until we signed Moutinho, now I can't decide who is the best?

D

Deleted member 5910

Excellent in a three man midfield, tends to struggle to cover the requisite ground in a two man midfield.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes Neves is definitely up there with the best midfielders we have had. Great to see people have also mentioned Peter Broadbent and Kenny Hibbitt who both deserve credit. As a pair Neves and Moutinho will take some beating.

I have to say and I have said it before that Peter Knowles was and is my all time favourite Wolves midfield player. He could score goals from anywhere, tackle, good header of the ball and had that silky touch that midfield players need. I’m surprised he hasn’t been mentioned previously on this thread but as I am in my 60’s age must come into it!

I also think that players like Mike Bailey and Willie Carr deserve a mention.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes Neves is definitely up there with the best midfielders we have had. Great to see people have also mentioned Peter Broadbent and Kenny Hibbitt who both deserve credit. As a pair Neves and Moutinho will take some beating.

I have to say and I have said it before that Peter Knowles was and is my all time favourite Wolves midfield player. He could score goals from anywhere, tackle, good header of the ball and had that silky touch that midfield players need. I’m surprised he hasn’t been mentioned previously on this thread but as I am in my 60’s age must come into it!

I also think that players like Mike Bailey and Willie Carr deserve a mention.
Quite correct - all heroes from my youth, although Peter Knowles I would regard as a forward rather than mid field. Perhaps the most naturally gifted who because of his decision to quit never reached his full potential. All great players - miss them all.

Back
Top Bottom