Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hot Pork @ Molineux

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our boy & I are up to Molineux again on Saturday for the Luton game; travelling up with a Luton friend and his same-age son [both 8 years old]. They'll be with the Luton lot and we'll be high up in the standing section of the NB - the only tickets available once I knew we could go. Hopefully he'll be able to see by standing on his seat.

On our last visit for the Cov FA Cup disaster, I struggled to find the hot pork van that used to be - I think from memory? - at the corner by the Club Shop / BW on Waterloo Rd. Have they moved on? Or they just weren't there for the Cov game?

We were AWOL from Molineux for a while with one thing or another - mostly cos of my boy's own football matches and the long journey we need to make - and our previous game was, Jeez, the Sheff Utd FA Cup match two seasons back. Away games are easier for us. But the van was definitely there on that day. Amazing roast pork they do - or maybe did - am I out of luck on this one?

Any suggested "hot pork solutions" if they have moved on? Not all hot pork is equal, and a lovely plate of hot pork & chips / a juicy oozing hot pork bap or two has always been part of the day on my / our relatively rare trips to Molineux; I really missed it last time, and our boy's not averse to the stuff either.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the food van just outside the NB upper turnstiles (far corner of NB/Steve Bull) does hot pork baps, or pork and chips.

And you’ll be fine in the standing seats. Most sit down anyway, but if you get a super-fan that’s determined to stand for 90 in front of you, my 8 year old just usually stands on the seat.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve not been able to find a pork bap for ages there. I assume the cost of meat means it’s not worth bothering with? There used to be pork for sale at almost every van.

My fondest memory of one of these was when my dad bought a new shirt from the club shop (the Dave Jones promotion season), put it on straight away for the game, took a bite into his pork bap and covered it in gravy.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Food choices are a bit disappointing outside the Mol.

Rather spend £10 on something nice, than £6 for a burger made from Ass.

Quite liked the jerk chicken place last season, but it did feel like Russian roulette at times whether you would get the ****s.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Food choices are a bit disappointing outside the Mol.

Rather spend £10 on something nice, than £6 for a burger made from Ass.

Quite liked the jerk chicken place last season, but it did feel like Russian roulette at times whether you would get the ****s.
Who remembers the good old days 2005/06 -2007ish £1 / £2 mr sizzle burgers lol

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The roast pork [in a tray etc / in a bap] was a really distinctive & excellent thing about a Molineux day, and it'd be a real shame if it's all gone.

Who wants carp burgers / hot dogs when you can have roast pork. Proper food for proper folk.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who remembers the good old days 2005/06 -2007ish £1 / £2 mr sizzle burgers lol
I look forward to forthcoming CL days when the surrounds of Molineux have been redeveloped by landscape architects to include multiple, international bars and eateries for both our own fans and our visiting European friends. :)

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look forward to forthcoming CL days when the surrounds of Molineux have been redeveloped by landscape architects to include multiple, international bars and eateries for both our own fans and our visiting European friends. :)
Will there be orange chips?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Joking aside, I'd love to see Molineux showcasing the area better in terms of our food & drink.

IMO Wolves, Wolvo itself & Molineux have a very distinctive, interesting and rich history, and our beer & food should be a proud part of it all. And yes, I'd include Mr Tikka in that.

I used to love the days when you could get a Banks and enjoy it with some hot pork before / after the game; I'd even do faggots & gravy or peas etc if it was on. Way better & more interesting than just the usual football stadium rubbish.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best pork sandwich used to be on the back straight of the old Dudley Wood (Cradley Heath) Stadium, there was 2 vans and always a massive queue - always a good day/evening out with Wolves fans packing the back straight (going back a bit, i know!!)

Reaction score
Those Indian wraps from the van outside are decent. Not been that side of the ground for a while mind, so don't know if they're still there.
They are, but they seem to go up in price every week. Also the lady running it cannot add up. She gets the prices wrong every time. Sometimes too high, sometimes too low so its not a fiddle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
They are, but they seem to go up in price every week. Also the lady running it cannot add up. She gets the prices wrong every time. Sometimes too high, sometimes too low so its not a fiddle.
Used to love a Mr Tikka (or the Masala Express rebrand!), but the increase in prices and decrease in quantity since covid has put me off these days.

I thought once you got onto actual Molineux property they were all in one franchise with pitches rented out by the club now, which means the variety has gone and it's all very standard stuff.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joking aside, I'd love to see Molineux showcasing the area better in terms of our food & drink.

IMO Wolves, Wolvo itself & Molineux have a very distinctive, interesting and rich history, and our beer & food should be a proud part of it all. And yes, I'd include Mr Tikka in that.

I used to love the days when you could get a Banks and enjoy it with some hot pork before / after the game; I'd even do faggots & gravy or peas etc if it was on. Way better & more interesting than just the usual football stadium rubbish.
I remember walking away from Upton Park a few years ago and seeing a large queue outside some food shop selling "jellied eels" (remarkable but true).

Trying the local fayre used to be part of the away match day experience for me (although the eels didn't attract me on this occasion).
The best part of a 0-0 evening away game at Bury I recall was the pre-match in the Staff of Life, consisting of pie, peas and gravy, washed down with a local brew.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our boy & I are up to Molineux again on Saturday for the Luton game; travelling up with a Luton friend and his same-age son [both 8 years old]. They'll be with the Luton lot and we'll be high up in the standing section of the NB - the only tickets available once I knew we could go. Hopefully he'll be able to see by standing on his seat.

On our last visit for the Cov FA Cup disaster, I struggled to find the hot pork van that used to be - I think from memory? - at the corner by the Club Shop / BW on Waterloo Rd. Have they moved on? Or they just weren't there for the Cov game?

We were AWOL from Molineux for a while with one thing or another - mostly cos of my boy's own football matches and the long journey we need to make - and our previous game was, Jeez, the Sheff Utd FA Cup match two seasons back. Away games are easier for us. But the van was definitely there on that day. Amazing roast pork they do - or maybe did - am I out of luck on this one?

Any suggested "hot pork solutions" if they have moved on? Not all hot pork is equal, and a lovely plate of hot pork & chips / a juicy oozing hot pork bap or two has always been part of the day on my / our relatively rare trips to Molineux; I really missed it last time, and our boy's not averse to the stuff either.
Unfortunately the one you are on about is no longer there, it went AWOL half way through last season for some reason ,they were bloody delicious. Be prepared for the prices if you decide to get something outside and avoid the pies in the ground at all costs unless you like tasteless molten lava cardboard !

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The roast pork [in a tray etc / in a bap] was a really distinctive & excellent thing about a Molineux day, and it'd be a real shame if it's all gone.

Who wants carp burgers / hot dogs when you can have roast pork. Proper food for proper folk.

Not tried a carp burger. Like a fillet o’ fish?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember walking away from Upton Park a few years ago and seeing a large queue outside some food shop selling "jellied eels" (remarkable but true).

Trying the local fayre used to be part of the away match day experience for me (although the eels didn't attract me on this occasion).
The best part of a 0-0 evening away game at Bury I recall was the pre-match in the Staff of Life, consisting of pie, peas and gravy, washed down with a local brew.
We lived near-ish to Upton Park some years back, and jellied eels are alive and well in East London; not my thing either TBH, although the liquor they're often served with is really good sometimes. Lots of parsley and with the best ones, roasted garlic in it too. Pie & mash still going strong too, and it's hard to mess that up.

This is the sort of stuff that should be available, I think. And local brews should be compulsory.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lived near-ish to Upton Park some years back, and jellied eels are alive and well in East London; not my thing either TBH, although the liquor they're often served with is really good sometimes. Lots of parsley and with the best ones, roasted garlic in it too. Pie & mash still going strong too, and it's hard to mess that up.

This is the sort of stuff that should be available, I think. And local brews should be compulsory.
What kept eels, pie and mash going around Upton Park was the football influx. The population was pretty much all Asian. I suspect that the ground move may well have killed many of those businesses. Ironically you do find pie and mash places in Essex where the old Eastenders moved to.....

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Petition to make the fan zone a ham zone. Wrap a gammon steak in paper and give it here

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I used to live near a Yorkshire roast co which did roast pork and apple baps with a drizzle of gravy in but the wrap was a Yorkshire pudding.
That does sound very very nice, but in the same breath just doesn't sound right to me either.

It's gotta be proper good quality bread baps / rolls / call them as some folk will. With just a bit of chew & firmness to them. Not for me those soft airy candy-floss-like white-****e bread-related product passed off as baps / rolls / call them as some folk will.

Back
Top Bottom