Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hollywood Actors Takeover Wrexham

D

Deleted member drgr12429

You know what? If Bournemouth can reach the PL, there's no reason why with the right investment and decision making, Wrexham can't.
I don't disagree with that. I think the level of investment needed would be beyond those 2 actors bank balance though.
They are not setting the world alight in whatever division they are in now, something like the 7th tier i think.

Reaction score
You'd have thought they'd learnt their lesson after the Alex Hamilton saga and the supporters trust would have kept control of the club to ensure its long term survival.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it was they promised to beat Chester that won the fans over...

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't disagree with that. I think the level of investment needed would be beyond those 2 actors bank balance though.
They are not setting the world alight in whatever division they are in now, something like the 7th tier i think.

currently mid table but you only have to get into the top 7 to make the play offs etc. In another couple of seasons probably even mid table teams will be eligable for play-offs :rolleyes:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they do well, 20 years BBC ago they were the highest placed of the Welsh clubs and were pushing for promotion to the championship

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reynolds and McElhenney have a similar net worth to the rapist Owen Oyston (and family) who owned Blackpool when they were promoted to the PL.

I'd agree it's unlikely but it's certainly possible. They clearly have a long way to go.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Reynolds and McElhenney have a similar net worth to the rapist Owen Oyston (and family) who owned Blackpool when they were promoted to the PL.

I'd agree it's unlikely but it's certainly possible. They clearly have a long way to go.
The Oystons hung round with Blackpool for many years .The question is how long will the pair stick with Wrexham if they don’t progress at the rate they want?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Oystons hung round with Blackpool for many years .The question is how long will the pair stick with Wrexham if they don’t progress at the rate they want?
I get the feeling they're not in this to turn a quick profit. I think they may be happy to make moderate losses and treat it as a hobby.

On the flip side of that, I think they're unlikely to throw the proverbial kitchen sink at it, so investment will probably be moderate.

That's just my hunch anyway. I've a feeling Wrexham fans are gonna have fun with their new owners.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hung around like a bad smell and bled the club.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling they're not in this to turn a quick profit. I think they may be happy to make moderate losses and treat it as a hobby.

On the flip side of that, I think they're unlikely to throw the proverbial kitchen sink at it, so investment will probably be moderate.

That's just my hunch anyway. I've a feeling Wrexham fans are gonna have fun with their new owners.
They may have some interesting match attendees from time to time l guess.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Hung around like a bad smell and bled the club.
They did but you always need a buyer if you are going to sell.In many cases they just don’t have the wherewithal.Remember the guy who wanted to buy us before Morgan .His company wealth (not his own) was just a few million (single figure) ?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

currently mid table but you only have to get into the top 7 to make the play offs etc. In another couple of seasons probably even mid table teams will be eligable for play-offs :rolleyes:
Fair enough.

I'm sure they will get as much publicity as they want. Their network in the media will be huge. And they will probably get some "celebrity mates" to invest. It would certainly be a rags to riches story to end all stories if they could pull it off.
It'll still cost them at least 1/2 a billion to do it i reckon, and then it's not cast in stone.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I'm sure they will get as much publicity as they want. Their network in the media will be huge. And they will probably get some "celebrity mates" to invest. It would certainly be a rags to riches story to end all stories if they could pull it off.
It'll still cost them at least 1/2 a billion to do it i reckon, and then it's not cast in stone.
Beckham will have £150M soon if that helps

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hear Ryan Reynolds went full on Deadpool in a live ITV news interview as he dropped an " F Bomb " as he thought he and the reporter were talking off camera and had no idea they were live !!! This being 2021 ITV apparently went into the now standard " we are sorry if you heard any insensitive language there "

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it matter if it is?

Only some very backwards fans would want to stay in the doldrums because "it's honest"

Can only be good for Wrexham

Bro I was being light hearted but that's not your fault to take it the wrong way as all you read is a bunch of words with no facial expression to go with them.

so I will add it now

:p

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Waiting for the Arsenal All or Nothing documentary covering last season to drop on Amazon Prime. They're normally out around about now. Hopefully won't be long.

Edit - just read it's being released on August 4th.

Last edited:

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't usually watch these type of football documentaries, but I think I'll give this one a go.

Could be interesting. Wrexham were a bit unlucky to be in the league with a team on a serious upward trajectory in Stockport.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting for the Arsenal All or Nothing documentary covering last season to drop on Amazon Prime. They're normally out around about now. Hopefully won't be long.

Edit - just read it's being released on August 4th.
Tottenham fans are gonna love it. Straight to the final episode though I reckon. That's all I'm interested in - the capitulation lol

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Tottenham fans are gonna love it. Straight to the final though I reckon. That's all I'm interested in - the capitulation lol
First episode might be worth watching as they had an awful start to the season. After that skip to the final episode!

el gringo

Reaction score
Does it matter if it is?

Only some very backwards fans would want to stay in the doldrums because "it's honest"

Can only be good for Wrexham
RHM making a joke there I think Manic. Or did I miss something?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the first four episodes of the Welcome to Wrexham documentary. I think they've managed to strike the right balance between the Hollywood angle and the local Wrexham fans.
Agreed. I think it’s really well done. Nice to see them shining a light on the local community.. and Rob and Ryan comes across well I think.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the first four episodes of the Welcome to Wrexham documentary. I think they've managed to strike the right balance between the Hollywood angle and the local Wrexham fans.
Agreed. Far rather watch something like this than the multi-millionaires whinging at Arsenal. The clips with Arsenal fans really do show what an entitled bunch they are. Arteta has gone up in my estimation though despite looking like Captain Scarlett. Some of his teamtalks are complete b/s but generally, I think you can see he knows the game and his team respect him.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I read somewhere that Netflix are doing their documentary again this season at Sunderland after missing last season. Should be good viewing with the manager leaving for Stoke just as the season starts!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Far rather watch something like this than the multi-millionaires whinging at Arsenal. The clips with Arsenal fans really do show what an entitled bunch they are. Arteta has gone up in my estimation though despite looking like Captain Scarlett. Some of his teamtalks are complete b/s but generally, I think you can see he knows the game and his team respect him.
Without giving too much away for those who haven't seen it I thought the second episode with the cameras in the changing room really showed a lot of the emotion in football. It's why I don't really want cameras in there on a regular basis as I don't enjoy seeing players in such distress, but at the same time, it's a reminder that they are human and do hurt when things go wrong.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without giving too much away for those who haven't seen it I thought the second episode with the cameras in the changing room really showed a lot of the emotion in football. It's why I don't really want cameras in there on a regular basis as I don't enjoy seeing players in such distress, but at the same time, it's a reminder that they are human and do hurt when things go wrong.
I know the moment.. was quite tragic and hard to watch. Real raw emotion though.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lmao @ captain Scarlett

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I read somewhere that Netflix are doing their documentary again this season at Sunderland after missing last season. Should be good viewing with the manager leaving for Stoke just as the season starts!
That would be fantastic. IMO, that was the best one to date.

Back
Top Bottom