Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hoddle

P

PabloWolfo

ask Glasgow, he seems to be the self appointed expert on faith and human rights today.

P

Phoenix

Glenn Hoddle's punishment for his comments were nothing to do with persecution, religion or faith; you seem to be having a debate that is irrelevant to that situation. The FA is an organisation that is very important to many people in this country from the England National team to millions involved in some way at grass roots. While holding the most high profile position within an organisation that claims "We are one community – inclusiveness" he made grossly offensive comments that alianated a portion of that community and embarrased the organisation as a whole. On that basis, he was fired. The debate is not whether he was entitled to think or (stupidly) say those things, but whether the FA were right to fire him for, I suppose, bringing the organisation into direpute. Of course you may say Sven did the same with his dalliances with Faria whats'ername.

On a side note, backing up the claims he lacks awareness. Regardless of the right and wrongs, it is staggeringly and glaringly obvious what was going to happen once those comments were made, unless of course you are a slefish, self centered narcissist who "would lick himself if he was an ice cream". One thig he is definately guilt of is complete stupidity.

Finally (I'll be finished soon), I hoped they were taken out of context at the time and that it would be a typical press which hunt, but read the interview in full, he could not have made it more clear.

Roll on 20 past 5

Last edited by a moderator:

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or anything everyday?

If I said what I thought off you I would get an infraction.

Nothing to do with human roghts everything to do with Freedom of speach.

If you guys don't want free speach then thats your decision, may I suggest you join the Communist party.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glenn Hoddle's punishment for his comments were nothing to do with persecution, religion or faith; you seem to be having a debate that is irrelevant to that situation. The FA is an organisation that is very important to many people in this country from the England National team to millions involved in some way at grass roots. While holding the most high profile position within an organisation that claims "We are one community – inclusiveness" he made grossly offensive comments that alianated a portion of that community and embarrased the organisation as a whole. On that basis, he was fired. The debate is not whether he was entitled to think or (stupidly) say those things, but whether the FA were right to fire him for, I suppose, bringing the organisation into direpute. Of course you may say Sven did the same with his dalliances with Faria whats'ername.

On a side note, backing up the claims he lacks awareness. Regardless of the right and wrongs, it is staggeringly and glaringly obvious what was going to happen once those comments were made, unless of course you are a slefish, self centered narcissist who "would lick himself if he was an ice cream". One thig he is definately guilt of is complete stupidity.

Finally (I'll be finished soon), I hoped they were taken out of context at the time and that it would be a typical press which hunt, but read the interview in full, he could not have made it more clear.

Roll on 20 past 5

It was a gross error of judgment to say it.

He has to realise what ever you think somethings are better not said Politically.
If he said it off the record then it should have stayed off the record as they were his personal views. I read somewhere someone saying it was out of context and off the record.
It is to Britains detrement that you can be fired for saying something not illegal.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I said what I thought off you I would get an infraction.

Nothing to do with human roghts everything to do with Freedom of speach.

If you guys don't want free speach then thats your decision, may I suggest you join the Communist party.

And what would you do if you couldn't come on here? :D

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stop trying to be a smartarse, you just don't get it. I suggest you don't understand what either democracy or communism actually means.

In this country, anyone can say what they want......and anyone else can vehemently disagree, within the laws of the land.
If you think that's wrong...then you're actually promoting the denial of OUR free speech and right of reply.....so YOU are the communist.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is to Britains detrement that you can be fired for saying something not illegal.

I work for you.
I say that I believe that your wife is a witch who gets it on with the local football team when you're not around.
It's offensive to you, it's offensive to her...and i can't prove it....but it's my religious belief. You can't "prove" otherwise.
Do you fire me?
If so....why?

Back
Top Bottom