Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hoddle

trybalwolf

Reaction score
GOD I AM FUMING
Hoddle on 5live saying that he was disapointed that Keane had left Sunderland when things got tough and complaining that modern managers can afford to walk away from jobs because of their finanacial situation when previous managers never had the luxury of such an option....has the guy no shame or grip on reality whatsoever!!!!!!

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard the same, complete loon. Loved when they read out McCarthy's quote about Keane!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GOD I AM FUMING
Hoddle on 5live saying that he was disapointed that Keane had left Sunderland when things got tough and complaining that modern managers can afford to walk away from jobs because of their finanacial situation when previous managers never had the luxury of such an option....has the guy no shame or grip on reality whatsoever!!!!!!

I actually think that Hoddle fails as a football manager for the same reason as Keane. He is such a difficult person to warm too, he is very much an oddball and doesn't seem able to strike up a relationship with players or fans.

I read Tony Cascarino's autobiography (a cracking read by the way) and he said that during his time at Chelsea, the players found Hoddle strange and that he spent more time on the training pitch trying to prove how much a better player he was than them.

During an interview with Cascarino on Talksport last night he said that in his 88 international games for Ireland he never saw Keane strike up a friendship or relationship with anyone and he felt that he was the wrong sort of person to go into management as he couldnt relate to players or fans.

Hoddle without doubt was the worst Manager I have seen at Wolves.

Reaction score
Can you imagine (an ageing) Hoddle out on the pitch at Compton trying to show Rohan Ricketts how to produce the perfect cross... think they'd both have had difficulties!

H

Hibbitt was King

Hoddle lacks self-awareness which is why he is so arrogant.

Or, if you like, he's a c***.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How Hoddle can say that is beyond me...after walking out on us with only a few weeks left of the close season! Total ****

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GOD I AM FUMING

Complete hypocrite. Annoys the hell out of me that he was allowed to come up with such tripe and no-one set him straight live on air.

Reaction score
Didn't 'The Hod' leave about 35 minutes after England were knocked out of the World Cup? Not only was he giving in to the pressure, he did it when he knew it wouldn't get much press coverage. Poo head. :D

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the issue? Hoddle leaving us was a great result..it was the appointing of him that was the problem.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't 'The Hod' leave about 35 minutes after England were knocked out of the World Cup? Not only was he giving in to the pressure, he did it when he knew it wouldn't get much press coverage. Poo head. :D
If you're talking about him leaving us, then he did it a couple of hours before the England v Portugal game.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I was thrilled when he was appointed. What a $$$$ing false dawn that was.

B

Blunty

Hoddle lacks self-awareness which is why he is so arrogant.

Or, if you like, he's a c***.

Sums it up for me!

Before he came to Wolves I'd be able to take the $$$$$ out of him for being a nob head, now I can hardly (think of, or) utter his name without physically tensing and wanting to perform violence!

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For all his faults with us, Hoddle was superb England manager.
Qualified by getting a point in Italy, and we should have won that game.

Was hounded out by the press for his religous beliefs.

The interview he was shafted over was taken totally out of context as usual by the rags that spend all their time trying to undermine the England team.

What else do you expect when you have a convict running the majority of news organisations in England.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The interview he was shafted over was taken totally out of context as usual by the rags that spend all their time trying to undermine the England team.

Thats a new one claiming an interview has been taken out of context. As I remember the crux of Hoddles argument was that he thought the conversation was "off the record" not that it was out of context.

Not sure what mainstream religion you are talking about but I cant think of many that preach intolerance to the handicapped and disabled.

Personally i think he got what he deserved and I can never forgive him for the total dross he served up at Wolves and then leaving us in the lurch. The man has no bottle, integrity and is vastly overated in my opinion.

K

Kenny-11

Wasn't the quote also used by him in a book?

I don't care what he did before us, how great a player he was, how decent a manager he was.........he came to us and ruined everything I loved about Wolves. In o ver 20 years of going to Wolves the only time I have questioned whether I should actually get off my $$$$ at 2.30 and head from the pub to the game or stay put was under this dull $$$$. He didn't give a flying $$$$ about the club, its history nor its fans.
For him to question someones decision to walk away from a club when the going gets tough shows him up for what he is - a self important $$$$ of the highest nature.
He knew from the moment he purchaed Frankowski that the money had gone. He knew after the season ended what he had to play with..........so what did he do? Had 2 months of holidays, whilst numerous free transfers were being done by other clubs in our league. Then just before he was ready to return and maybe do some work, he thinks $$$$$$$$ to this, gets his brother a new deal then quits. Leaving us 5 weeks to get a manager and some players.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats a new one claiming an interview has been taken out of context. As I remember the crux of Hoddles argument was that he thought the conversation was "off the record" not that it was out of context.

Not sure what mainstream religion you are talking about but I cant think of many that preach intolerance to the handicapped and disabled.

Personally i think he got what he deserved and I can never forgive him for the total dross he served up at Wolves and then leaving us in the lurch. The man has no bottle, integrity and is vastly overated in my opinion.

I dislike him intensly for what he did at Wolves.
He was harshly treated in the England job.

There are a few religions that take the you reap what you sew in that context. 1 Main stream religion in particular that believes in re-incarnation does actually state that.

Out of context, or off the record, if they are his beliefs, they are his beliefs.

Last time I looked this country allowed people to believe what they like. People on here have said they believe the IRA should have done anything to free the irish people.

Last time I looked Hoddle did not preach killing these people.

People should not be hounded out of jobs because they disagree with main stream beliefs.

BNP, Religous (Hoddle), at present they are allowed by law, sacking for those beliefs therefore are incorrect.
If they pose a threat to this country such as Al Qaida, or the IRA then outlaw them.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The man is a complete hypocrite and is so far up his own $$$$. Him sodding off was the best thing to happen to this football club and for the good of other football clubs I hope the self righteous $$$$$ never EVER manages in the game again.

He left us with 5 weeks to get a manager and some players on a £1m budget and he's preaching about Keane leaving when the going gets tough? Do me a $$$$ing favour.

P

PabloWolfo

Hoddle lost his job as England manager immediately after being quoted as saying:
You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and a half-decent brain. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime.

There is no way the FA could have let him stay on in the job without getting a shed load of grief...

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People should not be hounded out of jobs because they disagree with main stream beliefs.

It's hardly disagreeing with a mainstream belief, it's into the realms of fantasy with no scientific proof whatsoever.
If his beliefs are that disabled people are being punished for something they did wrong in a previous life, there's every reason to remove him from a public position.
If he wants his own free speech with lunacy like that...fine, let him start his own church by all means.
But keep him away from any "mainstream" people who don't want to waste time with any sort of ridiculous religious bull$$$$.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a few religions that take the you reap what you sew in that context. 1 Main stream religion in particular that believes in re-incarnation does actually state that.

Out of context, or off the record, if they are his beliefs, they are his beliefs.

Last time I looked this country allowed people to believe what they like. People on here have said they believe the IRA should have done anything to free the irish people.

Last time I looked Hoddle did not preach killing these people.

BNP, Religous (Hoddle), at present they are allowed by law, sacking for those beliefs therefore are incorrect.
If they pose a threat to this country such as Al Qaida, or the IRA then outlaw them.

Hoddle is (apparantly) a christian so the bhuddist re-incarnation argument doesnt wash.

He didnt want to kill handicapped people - so thats ok then!!

People in office have a social responsibility and, like it or not, with a high profile job comes that responsibility and England manager is one such job.

Hoddle resigned - was not sacked, if he was so high principled and the argument was so strong why did he resign - deep down he knew what he said was pretty abhorrent.

I am all for free speach, but if your beliefs are away from the mainstream then you wont get mainstream support, so if you choose to air your beliefs then dont have the right to whine about the consequences.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hardly disagreeing with a mainstream belief, it's into the realms of fantasy with no scientific proof whatsoever.
If his beliefs are that disabled people are being punished for something they did wrong in a previous life, there's every reason to remove him from a public position.
If he wants his own free speech with lunacy like that...fine, let him start his own church by all means.
But keep him away from any "mainstream" people who don't want to waste time with any sort of ridiculous religious bull$$$$.

Isn't all religion without any scientific proof.

So are you saying all people with religious belief should be kept away from Mainsteam people ?

Wether you or I believe is irrespective....
What you or I, or anyone believes in is irrespective.

This country is getting so bad, people cannot believe in anything that does not match someone else's belief they get persecuted.

Make it illegal, but whilst is it legal, your basic right in this country is to do it.

That is the difference between democratic countries and others.

If you or anyone else don't like it $$$$ off to another country

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoddle is (apparantly) a christian so the bhuddist re-incarnation argument doesnt wash.

He didnt want to kill handicapped people - so thats ok then!!

People in office have a social responsibility and, like it or not, with a high profile job comes that responsibility and England manager is one such job.

Hoddle resigned - was not sacked, if he was so high principled and the argument was so strong why did he resign - deep down he knew what he said was pretty abhorrent.

I am all for free speach, but if your beliefs are away from the mainstream then you wont get mainstream support, so if you choose to air your beliefs then dont have the right to whine about the consequences.

His beliefs are his beliefs and he is entitled to them it's called free speach.

I don't give a $$$$ what othert believe in, as long as they are not not breaking the law, or and are not abusing physically or mentally someone else.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glasgow I didn't think you could ever make yourself look a bigger tit than you do whenever you come out with the Scottish and Welsh crap but my god you've exceeded my expectations.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His beliefs are his beliefs and he is entitled to them it's called free speach.

I don't give a $$$$ what othert believe in, as long as they are not not breaking the law, or and are not abusing physically or mentally someone else.

So aren't discrimantory views to any minority group against the law then? Wouldn't suggesting that handicapped people were being punished for being bad in another life perhaps be construed as abuse to the handicapped community?

People are entitled to think whatever they like, whether the opinion is valid to be spouted is an entirely different subject.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top post Kenny. I share your sentiments. That season I never used my season ticket at all and subsequently didn't renew for the following season as I was expecting the same $$$$.

Coffs Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

So are you saying all people with religious belief should be kept away from Mainsteam people ?

This country is getting so bad, people cannot believe in anything that does not match someone else's belief they get persecuted.

Make it illegal, but whilst is it legal, your basic right in this country is to do it.

Surely someone who believes in democracy should be advising people who don't agree with the status quo to change it via the vote rather than telling them to $$$$ off to another country.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GOD I AM FUMING

With you mate. I AM FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!111¬!!!!

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely someone who believes in democracy should be advising people who don't agree with the status quo to change it via the vote rather than telling them to $$$$ off to another country.

glasgowwolf in inconsistency shocker? :eek:

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you religious Glasgow...you come across as a bit fundamentalist?
What kind of person believes in something with no evidence whatsoever?
Someone who's crackers, or just feels the "need" to believe in "something" so fantastic it's very probably impossible...but is comforting all the same?
Faith (in a religious sense) is a very dangerous word...by it's very definition it orders you to believe without question...which to me just translates as "foolishness".

Do you believe in the tooth fairy Glasgow? There's as much evidence of that as there is of any kind of God or any of the dangerous rubbish that comes from the likes of Hoddle.
Whereas the tooth fairy is pretty harmless...wacky religious beliefs are extremely dangerous because there are a huge number of uneducated susceptible people on this planet who are brainwashed into believing things that are nigh on impossible...and are then convinced to act out their lives on some "godforsaken" crusade peddling fantasies. It's the biggest pyramid scam in history.

Glen Hoddle is allowed to peddle his peculiar brand of "faith" in this country without censorship, but at the same time everybody else is allowed to strongly challenge it for the complete twaddle it really is.

That is what living in a democracy really means.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't suggesting that handicapped people were being punished for being bad in another life perhaps be construed as abuse to the handicapped community?

Only if society in general or the majority of disabled people believed in the idea of previous lives, I suppose. If he'd said they were being punished for being bad in this life then that would be discriminatory.

Although buddhists may (I don't know) believe in karma in Hoddle's sense, I don't think they set themselves up in moral judgement over others as a result of it. I thought the next or current reincarnation was an opportunity to improve towards satori. I think atonement, guilt, punishment & moral judgment are more christian concepts.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you religious Glasgow...you come across as a bit fundamentalist?
What kind of person believes in something with no evidence whatsoever?
Someone who's crackers, or just feels the "need" to believe in "something" so fantastic it's very probably impossible...but is comforting all the same?
Faith (in a religious sense) is a very dangerous word...by it's very definition it orders you to believe without question...which to me just translates as "foolishness".

Do you believe in the tooth fairy Glasgow? There's as much evidence of that as there is of any kind of God or any of the dangerous rubbish that comes from the likes of Hoddle.
Whereas the tooth fairy is pretty harmless...wacky religious beliefs are extremely dangerous because there are a huge number of uneducated susceptible people on this planet who are brainwashed into believing things that are nigh on impossible...and are then convinced to act out their lives on some "godforsaken" crusade peddling fantasies. It's the biggest pyramid scam in history.

Glen Hoddle is allowed to peddle his peculiar brand of "faith" in this country without censorship, but at the same time everybody else is allowed to strongly challenge it for the complete twaddle it really is.

That is what living in a democracy really means.

Where have I said I believe, and what part of saying someone has the right to there own views is fundamentalist, surely the fundamentalist christians in america, the fundamentalist islamists all over the world, set out to deny someone the right to believe something different to themselves.

I don't agree with anything hoddle said.

I do however believe someone has the right to think as they want.

Did Hoddle ever discriminate against anyone, sureley his beliefs would say that x had been punished therefore to discrimnate further would be increasing the punishment. Also surely his beliefs would say that punishment was to be handed down from a greater power than he ?

As I said I do not agree with anything he said.
I do not believe in faith healers which is what he also introduced.

If Bernie Ecclestone wants to be whipped by 2 prostitutes that is his choice and his right.
If Glen Hoddle wants to believe people pay for things in this life that occured in a previous life that is his right.
If Someone believes that the world should be Islamic that is there right.
If someone believes Immigration should be stopped, and repatriation offered that is there right.
If some believes Ireland should be Catholic, and united that is there right.
If someone believes in religion, no matter what religion surely that is their right

*** I am not saying I believe in any of the above****

When some one decides to Kill hundreds of people in the name if Ireland
When some one decides to kill hundreds in the name of Islam
When someone advocates killing Disabled, when some one decides so and so should not get a job because of disability, discrimination (perceived positive included) that is when it becomes wrong.
When someone discriminates in any way is when it becomes wrong.
When someone publically states we should kill all christians, or all islamists, or all jews, or all disabled people that is when we have a problem.

Of course there are plenty of countries around the world where free speach and free thought will get you killed, tortured or harmed in someway.

Thankfully Britain is not like that. Yet many people seem to wish it was

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have I said I believe, and what part of saying someone has the right to there own views is fundamentalist, surely the fundamentalist christians in america, the fundamentalist islamists all over the world, set out to deny someone the right to believe something different than themselves.

I don't agree with anything hoddle said.

I do however believe someone has the right to think as they want.

Did Hoddle ever discriminate against anyone, sureley his beliefs would say that x had been punished therefore to discrimnate further would be increasing the punishment. Also surely his beliefs would say that punishment was to be handed down from a greater power than he ?

As I said I do not agree with anything he said.
I do not believe in faith healers which is what he also introduced.

If Bernie Ecclestone wants to be whipped by 2 prostitutes that is his choice and his right.
If Glen Hoddle wants top believe people pay for things in this life that occured in a previous life that is his right.
If Someone believes that the world should be Oslamic that is there right.
If someone believes Immigration should be stopped, and repatriation offered that is there right.
If some believes Ireland should be Catholic, and united that is there right.

*** I am not saying I believe in any of the above****

When some one decides to Kill hundreds of people in the name if Ireland
When some one decides to kill hundreds in the name of Islam
When someone advocates killing Disabled, when some one decides so and so should not get a job because of disability, discrimination (perceived positive included) that is when ot becomes wrong.
When someone discriminates in any way is when it becomes wrong.
When someone publically states we should kill all christians, or all islamists, or all jews, or all disabled people that is when we have a problem.

Of course there are plenty of countries around the world where free speach and free thought will get you killed, tortured or harmed in someway.

Thankfully Britain is not like that. Yet many people seem to wish it was

But surely given the trust and faith put in Hoddle in one of the most high profile jobs in England, he totally abused it by spouting comments to the national press that made a great number of people feel hurt and inferior.

He can think whatever he likes but to air thoughts such as those in that position of prominence was disgusting.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I hope glasgowwolf gets reincarnated as Glenn Hoddle.

Back
Top Bottom