Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Herr Klopp - Manager of the Season

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s such a hard award to judge objectively. I don’t disagree it’s commendable he can push free spending City all the way to the final 10 mins of the season. But is that achievement really such a shock with Salah, VVD, Alisson, TAA, Robertson, and Mane in the side? Not to mention the arrival of Diaz in January.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s such a hard award to judge objectively. I don’t disagree it’s commendable he can push free spending City all the way to the final 10 mins of the season. But is that achievement really such a shock with Salah, VVD, Alisson, TAA, Robertson, and Mane in the side? Not to mention the arrival of Diaz in January.
You've missed Diogo out

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
800 million he’s spent And they win the league once.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always loved wolves fans

I loved them even more at Anfield

I loved them even even more after Klipperty started whinging

You're welcome to this award chap. It's been awarded by a corrupt, crooked, biased, money-grabbing bunch of ****ers

Wolves, always wolves

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally deserved.

Guardiola is a (slightly) better manager IMO but Liverpool have had the better season on the whole.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that these awards massively lack context. Hence Guardiola winning it when Dyche got Burnley into 7th a few years ago.

But it's almost impossible not to give it to Klopp this season. How often does a team play in literally every game they possibly can?

I suspect they'll beat Real Madrid as well. Meaning they were a point off an unprecedented quadruple, having gained 92 points which wins the league 95% of the time. They've lost 3 in over 60 games in all competitions. And contrary to what some are implying, do not just write blank cheques like Man City do. Their selling business has been incredible. How much have they profited from the likes of Hoever, Brewster etc?

Klopp's a genius. Hate Liverpool all you want. He deserves to win this award.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that these awards massively lack context. Hence Guardiola winning it when Dyche got Burnley into 7th a few years ago.

But it's almost impossible not to give it to Klopp this season. How often does a team play in literally every game they possibly can?

I suspect they'll beat Real Madrid as well. Meaning they were a point off an unprecedented quadruple, having gained 92 points which wins the league 95% of the time. They've lost 3 in over 60 games in all competitions. And contrary to what some are implying, do not just write blank cheques like Man City do. Their selling business has been incredible. How much have they profited from the likes of Hoever, Brewster etc?

Klopp's a genius. Hate Liverpool all you want. He deserves to win this award.
Klopp is the front man. They have their very own version of the committee which so many on here bleat about at Wolves. No one can deny that they've had a hell of a good season though.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Klopp you cheated us in both games out of major decisions I’m sure other clubs will feel the same!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp is the front man. They have their very own version of the committee which so many on here bleat about at Wolves. No one can deny that they've had a hell of a good season though.

There isnt anything that wrong with the idea of this committee. People like me bleat about it at Wolves because we have spent around 100 million in the couple of seasons we have operated this way and haven't really improved the team. Liverpool's works. Ours doesn't.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isnt anything that wrong with the idea of this committee. People like me bleat about it at Wolves because we have spent around 100 million in the couple of seasons we have operated this way and haven't really improved the team. Liverpool's works. Ours doesn't.
They have football people invokved

We have clowns

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's obvious who did the best job with the resources available, despite owner, and with a toxic dressing room. Reassured the want aways and using his contacts to strengthen a couple of key positions.

Take a bow signor Antonio Conte.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second in a two horse race. Brilliant, well done Jurgen. I don’t warm to Thomas Frank but to get Brentford to 13th is a far greater achievement.

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You bleat because you're a sheep. :grinning:

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I haven't got any interest in these award things TBH.
Manager/player of the season. Man of the match ect, its all a bit "yer whatever ".

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cup Manager of the year okay. PL manager of the year for finishing 2nd when at the start of the season he was already virtually guaranteed to finish 1st or 2nd. No not for me. Eddie Howe, David Moyes and Pep at least are in front of him for PL manager of the year. Even a case for Thomas Frank.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s done will with limited resources to get liverpool into 2nd place.
That's one heck of a definition of limited though. Less than Citeh, yes. More than just about any other team....

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Eddie Howe deserves immense praise and completely proved me wrong as thought he would be a flop there. (the english roberto martinez i was calling him). However probably misses out due to not being a full season. If it was out of Guardiola and Klopp i would of given it to Pep just on the basis that his team actually won the thing and got over the line. If it was not really about the title though and just overall appreciation, as much as i hate the man and think hes a massive weirdo (and will annoy a few on here) i would probably have given it to Thomas Frank. By far the lowest budget of any club and kept them up quite easily and taking points off some of the big boys.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Eddie Howe deserves immense praise and completely proved me wrong as thought he would be a flop there. (the english roberto martinez i was calling him). However probably misses out due to not being a full season. If it was out of Guardiola and Klopp i would of given it to Pep just on the basis that his team actually won the thing and got over the line. If it was not really about the title though and just overall appreciation, as much as i hate the man and think hes a massive weirdo (and will annoy a few on here) i would probably have given it to Thomas Frank. By far the lowest budget of any club and kept them up quite easily and taking points off some of the big boys.
It will be interesting to see if Brentford are next season's Sheff Utd or Leeds..... I suspect that they may well be

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoyingly....I think Thomas Frank should be in with a shout. The way he turned round a Brentford in free fall was truly impressive.

Back
Top Bottom