Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hennessey Injured?

S

Swinford Wolf

A groin strain. Hopefully he`ll be OK for the weekend

H

Hatch End Wolf

It's a bad back from fetching the ball from the back of the net on Saturday. Well he didn't have much else to do!

M

Mr Wolf

Its only an U21 game anyway so it's probably just a precaution.

He needs to get a bit of confidance back in him. He's looked poor the last month.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the bottom of the "Molineux Heading For Bumper Crowd" article he has a hamstring problem, if that's right he could be out for a week or two - hopefully not though.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could do with a rest, he's been letting too many goals lately.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should've saved QPR's first on Saturday, that's for sure. Low shots from 20 yards shouldn't beat keepers at their near post unless they're unsighted.

E

Essex Wolf

He should've saved QPR's first on Saturday, that's for sure. Low shots from 20 yards shouldn't beat keepers at their near post unless they're unsighted.

Having sen it on the TV have to agree but he is still learning so won't be too harsh on him.

D

Dewsburywolf

That's like saying would you prefer Murray after Southampton.

No it $$$$ing isn't. If Stack was any good why was a 20 year old preferred for the opening games of the season, and thereafter?

S

Stewarton Wolf

In my book Stack is a good keeper, maybe Wayne does need a rest. I would have no problem with Stack in goal for the final 7 games.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it $$$$ing isn't. If Stack was any good why was a 20 year old preferred for the opening games of the season, and thereafter?

I thought there was always going to be a risk taken on Wayne, and if he folded then Stack came in. Before Stack came Hennessey was apparently quite shy and secluded and people at the club weren't aware if he'd be No. 1 material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Wayne has gone down with a sore throat from all the shouting he does when he commands his area and B******S the back four.;)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Wayne is not a good player even potentially a top player, but with the weight of the season on his back, maybe he needed a rest. (Just from my vantage point of 3500 miles away of course, before anyone plays the clueless exile card)

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather Wayne was making mistakes (and hopefully learning from them) than Stack.

L

Law's Bus

If he is injured, am I the only one who'd prefer Mick to play Ikeme rather than Stack?

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is injured, am I the only one who'd prefer Mick to play Ikeme rather than Stack?

No, I'm with you on that call mate, Ikeme's a decent keeper, overlooked because we have an embarrassment of riches. I can't see Stack being with us next season and I don't think he's any better than Ikeme right now - they're just at opposite ends of their careers.

L

Law's Bus

I hope you are.

Why do you hope that? Stack's been around long enough to know exactly how good he is. Ikeme hasn't.

Would you have said the same about Hennessey before the play-offs last year, and preferred Michael Oakes?

D

Del Woppio

Why do you hope that? Stack's been around long enough to know exactly how good he is. Ikeme hasn't.

Would you have said the same about Hennessey before the play-offs last year, and preferred Michael Oakes?

No, as we'd all seen Wayne had something special from his time on loan. From what little I've seen of Ikeme, I'd rather have the experience of Stack. Better he devil you know, and all that.

D

Dewsburywolf

Except Ikeme's one of ours so to speak. Give him a go before it's too late and another Academy Graduate falls by the wayside. He looked decent enough at Chesterfield last season. Just seems to have the same injury problems as Big Matty.

D

Del Woppio

I know that games are still worth the same amount of points, but if you'd asked in November if I would rather play Ikeme or Stack for 5 games, I'd have said Ikeme. But with (again, from what I've seen) them being of a similar level of ability, the experience trumps potential at this stage of the season.

D

Dewsburywolf

Birmingham Mail report stating Wayne's saying he should be fit for the Charlton game. So end of worries?

L

Law's Bus

I know that games are still worth the same amount of points, but if you'd asked in November if I would rather play Ikeme or Stack for 5 games, I'd have said Ikeme. But with (again, from what I've seen) them being of a similar level of ability, the experience trumps potential at this stage of the season.

Fair enough - I see where you're coming from on it.

Still don't agree, mind! :D

Back
Top Bottom