Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Help with pubs please

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
know a few Swansea fans that are attending Saturday and want a drink in the city centre. What's the best pubs for away fans and is there any they should keep away from. Thanks.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Blue Brick by the station? easy walk to the ground also.

D

Deleted member 4023

Preferably one that the mixers don't go to

M

MonkeySpanner

I think the great western let's away fans in but I could be wrong. I drank in the hogsheads last time over for the Sunderland game, nice place but don't know there policy for away fans. Funnily enough whilst bopping around town for that game I didn't see any away fans anywhere.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Bluebrick is the only one really.
Was in there last season with around 50 singing Villa fans. (Ha singing villa fans doh sound right)

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
If bluebrick is the one by the railway thats the one police tell awaybfans to go too

N

Northamptonwolf

Western allows away fans

Ive seen away fans in a lot of city centre pubs before. If they dont wear colours and dont act up they are usually fine, especially if they get there before door staff

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only a few, then Posada but I agree the Bohemian sounds a good choice :p

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Tell 'em USA Wolf sent 'em, they'll only punch 'em once!

M

Mr Wolf

In Town you’ve only got the Blue Brick, Bohemians & the Grainstore (City Bar) that will generally allow away fans in with no hassle. The rest have a no away fan policy pretty much.

You could always go Chapel Ash way & go Royal Oak, Combemere & Clarendon where away fans should be ok.

W

wolvesultra

Avoid; Tap, Old Still, Mgees, Billy Wright and round there

Ok if no colours and they're not idiots but might have trouble getting past bouncers: hogs, spoons, goose, royal London

Ok if no colours and not idiots; wheatsheaf, posada, lychgate, hooded ram, cuban

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've seen away in the Cuban Exchange before with no trouble

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could always go Chapel Ash way & go Royal Oak, Combemere & Clarendon where away fans should be ok.

This.

I’m amazed away fans haven’t cottoned on to Chapel Ash yet. Only takes one set to post about it and the word's out there.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

I’m amazed away fans haven’t cottoned on to Chapel Ash yet. Only takes one set to post about it and the word's out there.
Best kept secret ... so keep yer gob shut please. We’ve been ‘Oaksters’ for several years now. Cracking boozer ... great ales and Keith and Sue run it well. Mind you with the recent upturn it ay arf getting busy.

W

WasStefan

Avoid; Tap, Old Still, Mgees, Billy Wright and round there

Ok if no colours and they're not idiots but might have trouble getting past bouncers: hogs, spoons, goose, royal London

Ok if no colours and not idiots; wheatsheaf, posada, lychgate, hooded ram, cuban
Never seen an away fan in cuban

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best kept secret ... so keep yer gob shut please. We’ve been ‘Oaksters’ for several years now. Cracking boozer ... great ales and Keith and Sue run it well. Mind you with the recent upturn it ay arf getting busy.

Great cobs and the ale is always kept well. Does get a tad rammed from 12:30 onwards.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
great Open Mic on wednesday nights, some brilliant talent been seen in there, though I say so myself;)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from blue brick i'd say Yates

Yates is a right crap place on match days.Had a right gew with them last wik when we popped in to meet the Aussie lad and lass.Ordered 2 bottles of bud and they poured em into a plastic glass.(if there such a thing):D I said if I knew ya was gonna do that I wouldn't have asked for a bottle.:confused:

Last edited:

el gringo

Reaction score
A few years ago I was in the Cuban Exchange also, and there were Portsmouth
fans in there, no problems.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Exchange ( Cuban ) The Octopus,and the tavern in the town used to be my favourite places in the 70s.;)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nag nor me but it's the type of place they would be ok in I think

Not sure about that mate.Early doors it's quite quiet in there,and gets busy as people are walking down to the match who may pop in.It's bin rowdy wen we have played big games,Villa,Chelsea,Newcastle.with plenty of singing.Getting to enjoy a couple in there to be honest,its not bad to get served.

No sorry to say its rubbish getting served so I'd stay away if I was yow lot.:D

W

wolvesultra

Not sure about that mate.Early doors it's quite quiet in there,and gets busy as people are walking down to the match who may pop in.It's bin rowdy wen we have played big games,Villa,Chelsea,Newcastle.with plenty of singing.Getting to enjoy a couple in there to be honest,its not bad to get served.

No sorry to say its rubbish getting served so I'd stay away if I was yow lot.:D

You think? I do only use it from time to time always thought there's been a bit of singing but looking around it's not what I'd call a risky crowd. Mind you think last time I was in was Boro first game.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest there are probably loads of away fans in ar pubs and if they ay gor any colours on they should be all right.The problems start when there are loads in a pub and then start singing.I remember playing villa,we were in the George Wallace wen a bloke came over and sed,do you mind if I sit here with you all.He said I'm villa if you don't mind.He was a sound guy.;)

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would be absolutely fine in the Western, the George Wallis or the Blue Brick....nonsense saying there are no away friendly pubs

N

Northamptonwolf

Dont know why more fans dont embrace away fans having a social drink. Like any club 99.9% of fans are good humoured human beings just out for the day supporting their team.

Imagine if we couldnt get into any pubs in every city. There would be outcry!

D

Deleted member 4453

I think the great western let's away fans in but I could be wrong. I drank in the hogsheads last time over for the Sunderland game, nice place but don't know there policy for away fans. Funnily enough whilst bopping around town for that game I didn't see any away fans anywhere.

Hogs have a home fans only policy. Think there's a sign on the door, they've also checked some of my old away shirts a few times :confused:
That said if you don't wear Colours or have an accent I see no reason why you won't get away with it.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the goose about 5pm wen we played Brizzle rovers.An elderly couple came in,sat down and was looking at the menue.The lady took her coat off to reveal a Brizzle top.The doorman went over and told them to leave.WTF.They looked like they were in their late 70s.Why couldn't he have just sed.Can you cover your top up as its home fans only.I told them to go in yates.They seemed very upset,and I dow blame em.They day have stone island or ****ing doc ****ing Martin's on.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom