Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Help Needed

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years ago, against my advice, my daughter married a villa fan. Hes a decent lad and over the years i have semi converted him to follow Wolves, and he attends the odd game.

The problem is his family are also massive villa fans. This has been ok upto now, and we usually exchange a bit of banter etc.

But now the *******s have decided to buy my grandson a season ticket for villa park.
I have taken him to friendlies and cup games at Molineux, brought him strips, scarves and training gear etc.

But with the current situation at Wolves, how the hell do i compete and keep his focus on Wolves?

Gromit

Reaction score
A few years ago, against my advice, my daughter married a villa fan. Hes a decent lad and over the years i have semi converted him to follow Wolves, and attends the odd game.

The problem is his family are also massive villa fans. This has been ok upto now, and we usually exchange a bit of banter etc.

But now the *******s have decided to by my grandson a season ticket for villa park.
I have taken him to friendlies and cup games at Molineux, brought him strips, scarves and training gear etc.

But with the current situation at Wolves, how the hell do i compete and keep his focus on Wolves?
Just point him to the league table and tell him he has to mind the gap :D:D

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
A few years ago, against my advice, my daughter married a villa fan. Hes a decent lad and over the years i have semi converted him to follow Wolves, and he attends the odd game.

But now the *******s have decided to buy my grandson a season ticket for villa park.

Difficult mate but eventually he will see the light.Just try and indoctrinate him at every occasion .Subject to finance maybe when he reaches a certain age buy him the mascot package .That may well do the trick .

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can be converted that easily then you have to question his moral fibre.

He'll inevitably always be looking for an upgrade on your daughter...

**** him round the head with a shovel.

That's pretty much, word for word, the conversation that I've just had with another chap when he phoned our Samaritans helpline.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult mate but eventually he will see the light.Just try and indoctrinate him at every occasion .Subject to finance maybe when he reaches a certain age buy him the mascot package .That may well do the trick .
Great idea, thats his birthday sorted.

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Write him out the will.....& move quickly, when Jeff announces Gareth Bale as a landmark signing on Wednesday morning should the “old ticker” give in you didn’t work all your life to have him spend his share in the **** end of Birmingham did you???

Refer to your Solicitor immediately! ;)

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just remind him of how much like a girl he will sound singing "veela veela " in that high pitch manner those cretins do

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Simple......
Promise him and make sure everybody is the family knows, that you will buy him season tickets next year.

S

ShropshireLad

*******s!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Just to give you hope Pagey... My son was born up here in Newcastle and from when he was a little toddler to about 12 years old I couldn't afford the time or or money to travel down to Molineux with him very often. We'd go about 2-3 times a season. In the meantime my brother in law got him a season ticket at Newcastle for 5 straight seasons. He's now 17, hardcore Wolves through and through and celebrated Doc's injury time winner at St James Park with me like a madman last season. Keep hope alive.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to give you hope Pagey... My son was born up here in Newcastle and from when he was a little toddler to about 12 years old I couldn't afford the time or or money to travel down to Molineux with him very often. We'd go about 2-3 times a season. In the meantime my brother in law got him a season ticket at Newcastle for 5 straight seasons. He's now 17, hardcore Wolves through and through and celebrated Doc's injury time winner at St James Park with me like a madman last season. Keep hope alive.
Thanks mate, i was close to giving @Professional a DM

S

ShropshireLad

That was my response, when the daughter told me :eek:
That is a sickener, buddy.

My daughter went out with a sort of City fan and his dad is an ardent supporter/admirer and one of the first things he said when she went up to Manc to visit him with said b/f was that any grandchildren had to be City fans. :eek: Fortunately they split up not so long ago. :)

E

E is for idiot.

I'd have kicked off massively. To be honest I was on the Villa fan dad's side until Pagey mentioned that it's not the dad but the grandad who is trying to tempt him. In that case then it's an even fight.

But with my lads if anyone except my missus tried to take them to see another team or got them anything involved with another team we'd be falling out. Fortunately she doesn't like football so I never had to go head to head with her for their football affections.

Despite all of that ramblings, it's up to the parents, the only time other people should be getting involved is if the parents aren't interested.

WolfoftheWrekin

Reaction score
If he reads the Mix he was probably converted by the Vile scum on here?
Professional has this, contract out on the brummie grandparents. Might be harsh but the granny has to go also. RTA is suggest.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have kicked off massively. To be honest I was on the Villa fan dad's side until Pagey mentioned that it's not the dad but the grandad who is trying to tempt him. In that case then it's an even fight.

But with my lads if anyone except my missus tried to take them to see another team or got them anything involved with another team we'd be falling out. Fortunately she doesn't like football so I never had to go head to head with her for their football affections.

Despite all of that ramblings, it's up to the parents, the only time other people should be getting involved is if the parents aren't interested.
Like i said, if it was the son in law taking him then fair dues.

Although my grandson knows the wolves players, chants etc, nothing compares to attending the game, the pre match build up, lunch and the atmosphere in the ground, will be pretty hard to compete, when he may only get to molineux once or twice.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s down to the dad imo. My in-laws are boggies and if they had tried interfering it’d have been the last thing they ever did

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the style of football, the gold and black, molineux, jota, Jimenez, neves, moutinho, you have little to worry over. If he cant see the advantages of that he doesnt deserve to support the wolves. Is he a member of the young wolves, taken him round the museum yet where he can play some of the video games in there. Met Wolff and Wendy. Get proactive to protect his birthright

E

E is for idiot.

Like i said, if it was the son in law taking him then fair dues.

Although my grandson knows the wolves players, chants etc, nothing compares to attending the game, the pre match build up, lunch and the atmosphere in the ground, will be pretty hard to compete, when he may only get to molineux once or twice.

It will be to be fair. That's the problem with us being so ****ing good at the moment, season tickets are like gold dust.

D

Deleted member 9788

Pah and you all criticise our arranged marriages. This will never happen to me after my parents marry me off to my 3rd cousin from India with 3 arms and 4 legs, doubt her family have heard of football let alone villa :smirk:

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Show him a photo of Dean Smith then one of Nuno and say choose your leader. A Portuguese god or a handy man from Great Barr?

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind that so much, he doesnt go, its the other ****ing grandad I'm up against, and i aye letting him win. The bald *******.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

This cracked me up.

ladywolf

Reaction score
What a ****ty thing to do, I’d be seething. There’s plenty of good suggestions on here. Mine would only make things worse :)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all your suggestions, the grandkids are round ours today, so its operation claret n blue.

Going sit him down on the laptop and show him all the footage of wolves we can find. Simultaneously, i going to get him to repeat-
"If i cheer for the vile, i will go bald like grandad vile".

Its made me wonder though, theres going to be more people in this situation, even some on the waiting list. The sooner the expansion starts, the better.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Put a Wolves team sheet on the table. Place a sheet containing the Villa squad on the table. Ask him to replace any Wolves player in the first XI with a Villa player. After much head scratching, it will still be all Old Gold. Take Villa squad sheet into the garden for a ceremonial cremation and remind him off this moment for the rest of your life.
Job done.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Alternatively, get Brightside to be his mentor, as I think he might have been through something similar during his youth.

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind that so much, he doesnt go, its the other ****ing grandad I'm up against, and i aye letting him win. The bald *******.
There’s your answer Pagey!
Ask him if he is happy going bald and obnoxious watching Villa, or keep his hair and pleasant demeanour with the Wolves.
:)

Back
Top Bottom