Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Help me pick a game

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So I'm not sure this part of the forum is the best place for this but I'm 21 and I've only been to 2 games in my life and you guys are among my main sources of wolves information.
None of my family are massively interested and I see it as a group thing so I just never went and I work in a bar so my Saturdays are mostly spent pulling pints of carling. But I don't know I've felt a longing to go watch the wolves for a while.

I want to get to a game before the end of the season but I can't decide which game to go to. I'd love for some suggestions, i for one am someone who doesn't mind coming to a midweek game because of circumstances.
Particularly looking for one that would have at least some good football on display.
So what would be the best game to attend before the end of the season?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The last game v Preston because hopefully it will be panic over

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I'm not sure this part of the forum is the best place for this but I'm 21 and I've only been to 2 games in my life and you guys are among my main sources of wolves information.
None of my family are massively interested and I see it as a group thing so I just never went and I work in a bar so my Saturdays are mostly spent pulling pints of carling. But I don't know I've felt a longing to go watch the wolves for a while.

I want to get to a game before the end of the season but I can't decide which game to go to. I'd love for some suggestions, i for one am someone who doesn't mind coming to a midweek game because of circumstances.
Particularly looking for one that would have at least some good football on display.

Birmingham at home. Derby game, decent attendance, decent atmosphere. Get involved.

D

Deleted member 4594

Assuming we are safe the last day of the season will be dull.

S

ShropshireLad

... i for one am someone who doesn't mind coming to a midweek game because of circumstances.
Mmmmm, midweek games haven't provided the best entertainment for quite a long time, matey.

Assuming we get knocked out of the Cup by Chelsea we play Rotherham on Saturday 11th March and we might stand a chance against them.

But failing that v Blouse on Friday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't go, put your money away and save it up untill the next time we play the ****, then go, have beers and lord it over the ****ers when we do 'em. Bonus points for if we're away at the tip.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Games against teams who will bring a decent following are normally the best to go to. Quality isn't high at the moment, so the banter and off field distractions are the best part of going to the game. Blues, Cardiff or Forest should all be decent, although Blues less than I think many will be hoping for. People don't drink as much before a night game, so the atmosphere is never quite the same.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The next one. And the one after that

You're getting sucked in. Give into it. Resistance is futile

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would try one game at home and one away. The away game gives you a chance to see us get a point maybe three. The main thing is where are you based?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once we beat Chelsea the fixture list should become clearer.

D

Deleted member 4594

But hopefully the pressure might be off and we might enjoy a home performance
That would be nice!!
They usually have the feel of a pre season friendly for me if both sides have nothing to play for though.

W

wolvesultra

Blues at home if you can do Friday nights. Its also half price so bonus.

Alternatively Preston the last game is a Sunday 12pm kick off. Last game is normally good occasion.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Blues game on Friday, a local derby and bound to have an edge to it. Try and get tickets in the South Bank.....

Happy to meet before the game and buy you a pint

D

Deleted member 4594

Blues game on Friday, a local derby and bound to have an edge to it. Try and get tickets in the South Bank.....

South bank sold out for blues a couple of weeks ago mate.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Write the fixtures down that you can make and put them in a hat and pick one out. You could go through them and pick out say Birmingham but a lot of derby's are rubbish and the games you think look like a dull fixture could turn out to be the game of the season. Football is so unpredictable, so you may as well be just as unpredictable and pick one at random.

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I would try one game at home and one away. The away game gives you a chance to see us get a point maybe three. The main thing is where are you based?
I'm fairly local so home games are easier. Just tram ride away.

I had considered dragging my dad to the blues game but he hasn't been to a game since the 80's and is adamant about not attending derbys
A lovely offer, though I rarely drink, I'd love to actually meet a few of the mixers before whatever game I attend, my main fear in this is getting sat next to someone who has an innate ability to get on my nerves and never wanting to come again.

S

ShropshireLad

...my main fear in this is getting sat next to someone who has an innate ability to get on my nerves and never wanting to come again.
It does happen sometimes but not often in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom