Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Help a Fellow Wolf out?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Folks

First time posting on this side of the forum, so apologies if this isn't appropriate/appreciated.

My name is Dan. Long time Forum member, but not particularly regular poster.

If any of you on here know me from Twitter (Wolfinderby) then you may know I am in a Rock band (These Wicked Rivers).

Today, we have been nominated for an award by Planet Rock Radio, which for a band of our size is a kind of a big deal. Amongst the other awards are legendary artists such as Alice Cooper, Roger Waters, Foo Fighters and another of our own, Mr Robert Plant.

If you're at all in to your rock music, or you just feel like helping out a fellow Wolf, please pay a visit to the below link and cast your vote for us to be voted Best New Band.

If you're on other forms of social media and wish to check us out before you do some voting, then you can find us in all the usual places (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and googling our name will get you to our website as well).

Here is the link...VOTE: The Rocks 2018

I thank you all in advance (provided this post survives!

Dan

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done.

You're band has some serious eyebrows and facial hair going on by the way!!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done.

You're band has some serious eyebrows and facial hair going on by the way!!

I occupy most of the eyebrow bit :D

During our stint as Planet Rocks "Ones to Watch" we were regularly referred to as the Hairiest Thing to ever come out of the East Midlands :D

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted. I had to guess on some of the other categories.

Seen a few folks say that. That they only want to vote in one of the categories. I understand why they've done it that way, but if you don't like the music and you're doing it for a mate then it can be awkward!

Cheers for your vote though. Much appreciated!

Stingray II

Reaction score
Done.
I also purchased one of your tunes off Amazon (Testify), after listening to it on youtube. Dan, I really like your sound. Old school. Not poppy. Love it. Not wishing to draw comparisons, but it made me think of Trapeze, who I love. Saw them live. I'm guessing you've heard their music, but if not - check out songs from the Medusa album on youtube.
Don't be shy in promoting yourself on here. It would be awesome to see one of "ours" achieve something.
Mods, can't this get promoted on the main site, as a sticky? He is a Wolf after all.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always tend to listen to new music and see if I can hear influences or similarities with previous acts. I've just been listening on Spotify and picking up some early 2000's Trans-atlantic vibe with things like;

Bush
Stone temple pilots
Corrosion of conformity

Perhaps a bit of a general Seattle influence.
I agree with @Stingray II though, dirty old school rock delivery.

I'm probably miles out.
I'll check out the link and register a vote.
Good luck @Derbywolf85

***EDIT - just voted then reread your Bio on Spotify and saw Black stone cherry as an 'influence', which did pop into mind during the listen.

I also didn't realise GUN were back on the scene. Massive fan of theirs from years ago.

Last edited:

B63 Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Done and good luck! Some cracking bands on there and an honour to be there amongst them!

Back
Top Bottom