Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Helda Costa

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we end up selling both Costa and Caveleiro it makes me wonder who on earth we're actually going to sign...

Somehow simultaneously both incredibly disappointing and ridiculously exciting!

D

Deleted member 4124

Only place I've seen this is on HITC. They're referring to the Daily Mirror, but their link just takes you to the front page and there's nothing on there about Costa.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its in the Daily Mirror then I wouldn't worry. Its a Villa fan who works there trying to **** stir.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Justify this please ?

Took an absolute age to find his forn after injury, was a passenger for more than a few games, doesn't contribute anything defensively or when he's not feeling it.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a few jealous journalists trying to cause trouble here. Be prepared for more of this as the window goes on.

It'll be Neves "off" next, and/or Jota. Fans of other Premier League clubs worried about us upsetting the apple cart. Please ignore this.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so hear me out... *seemingly* Costa and Cavaleiro are available. We've been linked with a lot of strikers and attacking midfielders. Does anyone else think Nuno wants us to play 3-4-1-2 next season rather than 3-4-3? When you consider we've just signed Bonatini, who I think many of us would agree isn't going to be near first choice, it could be a possibility.

Thinking something roughly along the lines of:

Jota New ST
New CAM
Douglas New CM Neves Doherty
Boly Coady New CB
Patricio
If we could recoup £40m from Cav and Costa, we could sign world class quality down the spine of the team. Not saying it's 100%, but I do think it's a possibility. If Nuno thinks 3-4-1-2 better fits the Premier League, he won't think twice about changing it.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so hear me out... *seemingly* Costa and Cavaleiro are available. We've been linked with a lot of strikers and attacking midfielders. Does anyone else think Nuno wants us to play 3-4-1-2 next season rather than 3-4-3? When you consider we've just signed Bonatini, who I think many of us would agree isn't going to be near first choice, it could be a possibility.

Thinking something roughly along the lines of:

Jota New ST
New CAM
Douglas New CM Neves Doherty
Boly Coady New CB
Patricio
No Nuno will stick to his philosophy

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Nuno will stick to his philosophy

What would change about his philosophy in this scenario? Nuno adopted the 3-4-1-2 in the game against Yeovil, but he didn't have the players to effectively use that formation. Jota has shown he can play as a striker.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does he have to justify? He’s entitled to an opinion and he may think20m is fair
Why shouldn't he be asked to justify his opinion? Of course he's entitled to it, although his justification is nonsense of course!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why shouldn't he be asked to justify his opinion? Of course he's entitled to it, although his justification is nonsense of course!

Absolutely, justify why my justification is nonsense

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This utter *******s. Why would he sell two of the most gifted and exciting players to play for wolves (cav and costa) before we have even kicked a ball? The new striker looks OK. The new goalie looks good. Apart from that we have signed no one. It would be madness to weaken the team. We are only just good enough, as its stands, to stay up. We need two new wing backs (not because doc and barry are poor but because we have almost no cover and vinagre isnt ready yet), one central defender at least, on central midfielder nd another striker. Selling costa or cav is just not going to happen.

D

Deleted member 4456

This utter *******s. Why would he sell two of the most gifted and exciting players to play for wolves (cav and costa) before we have even kicked a ball? The new striker looks OK. The new goalie looks good. Apart from that we have signed no one. It would be madness to weaken the team. We are only just good enough, as its stands, to stay up. We need two new wing backs (not because doc and barry are poor but because we have almost no cover and vinagre isnt ready yet), one central defender at least, on central midfielder nd another striker. Selling costa or cav is just not going to happen.
It might or might not happen. If it does happen, it's surely because we're looking to replace them with better. I don't think anyone here would be disappointed to see either of them against Everton though.

W

we8wba

Tbf we signed him for what 13m, he’s had tricky season last year with injuries and gained 7m in value

I’m not saying I’d sell, I love helder, he’s one last I would sell

But I can see logic why you would potentially consider

Adi dassler

Groupie
Reaction score
The article is from last year and its only suggesting that newcastle sign him,its not said that newcastle are going to bid for him

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Tbf we signed him for what 13m, he’s had tricky season last year with injuries and gained 7m in value

I’m not saying I’d sell, I love helder, he’s one last I would sell

But I can see logic why you would potentially consider
If we bring in better players so be it but talk of Cav and Costa going now would leave a small squad even smaller.
We hold the aces these days .

D

Deleted member 3751

Took an absolute age to find his forn after injury, was a passenger for more than a few games, doesn't contribute anything defensively or when he's not feeling it.
I thought the same, but Doherty said in an interview around April time that Costa had been injured "until a couple of months ago", maybe implying he hadn't fully got over his ankle problem until as late as February (could be a reason he was regularly pulling out of challenges and half paced on his comeback). At the back end of the season though he was absolutely flying, back to his best, however, £20m would be tempting. Like with Cav though, I would want his replacement not lined up, but actually in before selling

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed last pre season and took a while to get over a serious ankle injury. By the end of the season he was flying.

Expecting a big season from him this season. He will scare defenders.

Back
Top Bottom