Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Headbutt

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems after last night's match among the shambles of VAR and decisions derived from it a player can assault an opponent as long as its deemed soft. Does this mean the player on the end of the attack has to go down in a heap or have blood showing to be considered a violent act on him, you see any number of players falling over from the minimum contact and a sending off coming from it after a VAR check but now a headbutt in full view is deemed soft so allowable. The current system of officiating clearly isn't fit for purpose.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems after last night's match among the shambles of VAR and decisions derived from it a player can assault an opponent as long as its deemed soft. Does this mean the player on the end of the attack has to go down in a heap or have blood showing to be considered a violent act on him, you see any number of players falling over from the minimum contact and a sending off coming from it after a VAR check but now a headbutt in full view is deemed soft so allowable. The current system of officiating clearly isn't fit for purpose.
For such an occasion as a soft contact head to face, the outcome will depend on whether the recipient of a headbutt is like a Kilman or like a Hwang.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The PGMOL have said that Fulham should have had two players sent off.

They said that Tim Ream should have received a second yellow for his foul on Hwang Hee-chan for Wolves' penalty and Carlos Vinicius should have been sent off for his headbutt on Max Kilman.

Personally, I am just fed up of the referee and VAR getting so many game changing decisions wrong.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just tired of it all now. Not getting much enjoyment out of football this year because of it, which is a shame because we're playing some of the most exciting football we've played in years. I don't even know what would help the situation.
Sack half, or more, of the clowns and import some from abroad.
What are Stuart Barnes and Nigel Owens doing these days?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They said that Tim Ream should have received a second yellow for his foul on Hwang Hee-chan for Wolves' penalty and Carlos Vinicius should have been sent off for his headbutt on Max Kilman.

Personally, I am just fed up of the referee and VAR getting so many game changing decisions wrong.
You really do wonder how such industrial incompetence is possible.
The apologist Webb is trying, allegedly, to sort it out.
Says it all really.

V Wolf

Reaction score
I'm glad Max didn't go down, rolling around. I thought fans, pundits and football authorities wanted to take simulation out of the game but this sends out the opposite message.
Absolutely, problem now is that players have every excuse they could possibly need to say that they have to "highlight" contact because it won't be picked up/punished if they don't make it clear for the refs. Like every time a player tries to stay in his feet in the penalty area and gets nothing after being pulled back or fouled.

Both of their penalties and the headbutt last night made it perfectly clear why players simulate/make the most of every little contact - if you don't it gives the officials an easy way to hide from the big decisions and ignore them. VAR issues aside, a culture has been created whereby doing the 'right' thing often essentially gets you punished.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A soft headbutt will live rent free in my head as one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard
I look forward to that being used in a disciplinary hearing for a player in the future as a precident has been set if they don’t publicly condem the decision and charge him with violent conduct

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Were have they said this?
Does anyone have a link please?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad Max didn't go down, rolling around. I thought fans, pundits and football authorities wanted to take simulation out of the game but this sends out the opposite message.
I wish he had, to be honest.

We can play the game and benefit.
Or we can stick to our principles (which is nice and all) but end up with 0 points and get dragged into a relegation battle.

Need to accept modern top flight football for what it is - full of cheats with a refereeing system in VAR that essentially rewards initiating contact and diving.

I hate it but I'd rather see Wolves do well, above other considerations. Time we accept and play to it.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish he had, to be honest.

We can play the game and benefit.
Or we can stick to our principles (which is nice and all) but end up with 0 points and get dragged into a relegation battle.

Need to accept modern top flight football for what it is - full of cheats with a refereeing system in VAR that essentially rewards initiating contact and diving.

I hate it but I'd rather see Wolves do well, above other considerations. Time we accept and play to it.
Agree, we need to wise up and play the game within the game. Fed up of being naive.
We have players who can dribble, get them running in the box. If they get yellows for diving if it doesnt work, so what. It will be called a 'tactical' or 'clever' yellow in time as this becomes accepted (just like the hack has to break up an attack)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, we need to wise up and play the game within the game. Fed up of being naive.
We have players who can dribble, get them running in the box. If they get yellows for diving if it doesnt work, so what. It will be called a 'tactical' or 'clever' yellow in time as this becomes accepted (just like the hack has to break up an attack)
Unfortunately, we've currently got a nice guy as a Manager and a very honest squad. Yes, those sound like good things and they're admirable, but I want points on the board. Until football changes, we need to play to the game.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, problem now is that players have every excuse they could possibly need to say that they have to "highlight" contact because it won't be picked up/punished if they don't make it clear for the refs. Like every time a player tries to stay in his feet in the penalty area and gets nothing after being pulled back or fouled.

Both of their penalties and the headbutt last night made it perfectly clear why players simulate/make the most of every little contact - if you don't it gives the officials an easy way to hide from the big decisions and ignore them. VAR issues aside, a culture has been created whereby doing the 'right' thing often essentially gets you punished.
You know what will happen though, our player will go down and immediately receive a yellow for simulation.
VAR should have been in top of that headbutt last night, but for reasons unknown chose to make little of it.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve heard it all the time with other instances that it’s not about the force, but any deliberate movement of the head that makes contact should be a red. So that’s no longer the case ??

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know how at the very least the referee wasn’t asked to have a look, as with a yellow he clearly couldn’t have seen the moment from Vinicius, or had made a clear and obvious error…

Saying that same argument really for Semedo’s challenge, he presumably didn’t think he touched the ball…

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to bring in a rule - it can happen retrospectively if needed - where players are punished for diving and play acting with ten game bans

If only there was some way of monitoring what goes on on the pitch, from more than one angle, with high quality images, at all times during a game

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. The officials are so weak and letting so much go that we need to be like other teams and stop being so nice and get at the officials.
And the crowd too. We all know Molineux is best when it’s noisy and hostile. Time to turn our anger towards the officials.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They need to bring in a rule - it can happen retrospectively if needed - where players are punished for diving and play acting with ten game bans

If only there was some way of monitoring what goes on on the pitch, from more than one angle, with high quality images, at all times during a game
Simple solution for obvious problem.
You have to ask yourself why it’s never been implemented. So dumb

Back
Top Bottom