Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a thread entitled “have Villa owners more ambition than Wolves” isn’t anything to do with Villa?

Ok mate.
This thread is not about Villa it's about their owner Nassef Sawris who appears atm to have more ambition than Wolves owner Guo Guangchang .
At the end of the day mate ;)

Btw.. Not much heard from Guo or Jorge Mendes lately either have we to help us?

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This all day.

Sir Jack was ambitious, it got us **** all - I’ll take astute everyday and twice on Sundays.
I hope you're right @Kebab Warrior only time will tell if they keep being astute / canny and it pays off?
Fosun International will be judged better at the end of the season..

They're relying too much on Bruno's magic and good coaching to keep them riding high in the PL atm though imho

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Shergar I've just had to login and logout to see your post as I've got you on ignore..
Now you know why you are on my ignore list ;)

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Hoganstolemywife ever heard the saying..

"If you can't beat them join them ".. Or copy them or emulate them as you do me..

Or as Wolves have too copy Man City's blueprint to emulate them ;)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Villa have more ambition? I couldn’t care less.
I have more interest in a empty tin of shoe polish floating on a sewage pond.

The top 6 are the ones who have the money and ambition. I hope Jeff and co. focus on those guys.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Villa have more ambition? I couldn’t care less.
I have more interest in a empty tin of shoe polish floating on a sewage pond.

The top 6 are the ones who have the money and ambition. I hope Jeff and co. focus on those guys.
VW..The top 6 are the ones who have the money and ambition CORRECT !

That's why their the Football clubs that seem to have all the financial success and win all the trophies too CORRECT!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VW..The top 6 are the ones who have the money and ambition CORRECT !

That's why their the Football clubs that seem to have all the financial success and win all the trophies too CORRECT!
Right…..but I think we all knew that already but, hey…you‘re CORRECT too.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is not about Villa it's about their owner Nassef Sawris who appears atm to have more ambition than Wolves owner Guo Guangchang .

No nothing from Mendes since signing the leagues best keeper in the summer...

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Jeff Shi should come out with a statement of intent soon what Fosun's ambitions are now..

If he (Fosun) are going to back Bruno in the great position he has got Wolves in the PL with half the season gone...
and push on for a European place now as their previous ambitions were with Nuno.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, I know the former two linked to score on goal in their defeat against Brentford last week, but spending £100m on Buendia, Ings [who was in last year of his contract] and Leon Bailey doesn't mean ambition. They sold their captain, star man, cornerstone of the club and had to spend a load of money to appease the fans.

Going for Coutinho on huge wages just adds to that.

It can be seen as ambition, or it can be seen as desperate and not very well thought through. The latter is where I fall.

The only transfer attempt Villa have done in recent times that made me think they knew what they were doing was when they bid for Emile Smith Rowe. But even then, they bid £25m, which was never, ever, going to be accepted. So it was likely done to again keep fans happy ahead of the imminent sale of Grealish, so a bit snide all in all.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Jeff Shi should come out with a statement of intent soon what Fosun's ambitions are now..

How often do you want Shi to be making statements?

From September:

“I think it’s a good window,” he replies. “Of course we can do better, but if you compare the squad to the end of last season, I think we’ve done a good job. The squad is larger, we have more fit players and we have players who are improving — look at Kilman. I can’t say it’s the best window, but it was good.

“My long-term view is how to make Wolves a big, strong company with commercial strengths, a larger fanbase and attractive products. To achieve that, Wolves have to do well. If we’re relegated, or always 13th, it doesn’t help. To improve the team, it’s a kind of fuel for the growth of the whole organisation, not the opposite.

“So we’re not desperate to get in the top six straight away, it’s about an upward trend, maybe it will take three or four years. Whether the trend is fast enough, I don’t know, but if it starts we’ll be happy, and that’s why we’re happy with Bruno because we see it starting.

“Winning trophies fuels that growth, too. I’m totally thinking about commercial growth, that’s the key mindset. Top six, top four, winning trophies, those are elements to support that growth. Fans want to win something, maybe they’re 65 years old and want to see one more trophy. I don’t ask them to agree with me but that’s my way to manage the club and the company.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From September:
That's all well and good from 4 /5 months ago yet there is plenty of things happened and waters gone under the bridge since then with Covid and injuries and the Africian nation Cup. With us entering a new year surely we need to have a new statement and more for the team and Molineux redevelopment plans too!
Or have we gotta wait for China's new year for Guo to give Jeff the plan for the next 5 years??

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's all well and good from 4 /5 months ago yet there is plenty of things happened and waters gone under the bridge since then with Covid and injuries and the Africian nation Cup. With us entering a new year surely we need to have a new statement and more for the team and Molineux redevelopment plans too!
Or have we gotta wait for China's new year for Guo to give Jeff the plan for the next 5 years??

... it would be ridiculous and honestly pretty boring to update people on your long-term plan every 4 months! Do you really want Jeff to come out every few months and say "yeah, we're still aiming for steady growth and improvement"?

No club's Chairman does that.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
... it would be ridiculous and honestly pretty boring to update people on your long-term plan every 4 months! Do you really want Jeff to come out every few months and say "yeah, we're still aiming for steady growth and improvement"?

No club's Chairman does that.
Fair enough and fair comment @Flump ..
Action will speak louder than words within the next month and following 3 months anyway...
With Fosun's intent for us in who we will buy and sell in this transfer window and what the budget is after end of financial year..
Plus what intentions they have for the redevelopment of Molineux too. Is it just the corner quads they'll develop?
It should all come out in the washing by maybe March / April?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've voted 'no', but I don't think 'ambition' is the right marker. It's necessary but insufficient for success. The guy who fell to his death from the Eiffel Tower because he thought he'd invented working wings had ambition. Without long-term strategy, prudence and institutional coherence, an ambitious football club will plummet like he did.

And I don't think 'getting famous players' = ambition either. I'd rather own Neto than have Coutinho on loan.

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
Ambitions of both clubs will be exactly the same. The approaches that each club take to achieve it is what will be and is different.

We have seen a host of mid table clubs throw hundreds of millions on players to try and close the gap to Europe. Fall short and then have to cut their cloth accordingly for several years later (Everton being the most recent example). This is the way villa have gone and good luck to them with it. I'm happy to see any team upsetting the "big 6".

We have taken the more sustainable approach of buying young often unheard of players developing them, selling some and keeping some making sure the progress isn't overly reliant on a "sugar daddy" if you will. Our approach is more akin to what Leicester have done and out of all of the teams to be pushing the top teams they have done it best and over the longest period.

Signings like Coutinho (and hazard wherever he goes next) are as much about image and being seen to be doing something as it as about what the player will actually bring to the team.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From September:
This. Statements of intent are worthless. ‘We want to win the league’ - so what?

Actions are all that matters.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its really working for them so far.
TBF, a lot of that is to do with the owners having patience in Dean Smith. Had they brought Gerrard in from the start of the season, and they'd maintained the PPG they have since his appointment, they'd actually be above us in the table. All hypotheticals, I know, but we shouldn't make out that we're lightyears ahead of them.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa can't buy without selling with their current FFP

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes villa have top ambitions and a lot of money to achieve it they will break top 6 within 5 years

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we got Coutinho people on here would be shooting their muck everywhere.

Just because it’s the Villa people are trying to downplay it. He would be a massive signing for anyone outside of the top 6.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mendes has never said a word about wolves and barring I think 2 press releases via Fosun neither has Guo

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we got Coutinho people on here would be shooting their muck everywhere.

Just because it’s the Villa people are trying to downplay it. He would be a massive signing for anyone outside of the top 6.
I speak for myself only but I’d be absolutely gutted if we signed him. He’s absolutely not got the mentality to play for a team outside the top 6.

Back
Top Bottom