Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only it was that simple.
They are doing it slowly building up a team just like Leicester did this is their third year back they have ambitions with big money. Fair play to them. Money doesn’t mean much unless it is spent well. Yeah so we know they like wasting millions it’s in the dna of aston…

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we got Coutinho people on here would be shooting their muck everywhere.

Just because it’s the Villa people are trying to downplay it. He would be a massive signing for anyone outside of the top 6.

Not knocking you at all, no doubt Coutinho is a big name player, I remember the mix when Everton signed James Rodriguez a similar signing in terms of stature I bet we are glad we didn't go for him now.

The fact is these "Big name" players are nothing short of has-been or mercenaries if they are going to the likes of Everton, Villa etc, if they are a "Big name" player at the top of there game they end up at a sky 6 or a top European team

Reaction score
Whether it's working or not for the villa right now or whether they have made the right signings is completely irrelevant, the question was are they showing more ambition than fosun? The answer in short is a massive yes they are!!! They backed Dean Smith to the hilt and look set to do exactly the same for Gerrard!
Wolves (jeff) on the other hand has got rid of all senior management that actually understand football and what it takes to be a premier league club and replaced them with yes men to roll out the excuses to the fans for the last 4/5 transfer windows!
Sacked nuno because they wanted to go in a new direction with more attacking football, signed a new manager in the shape of bruno and left him with almost exactly the same tiny squad nuno had........ but with less players!
Bruno has worked miracles getting us in the position we are in right now and deserves 100% of the credit.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are doing it slowly building up a team just like Leicester did this is their third year back they have ambitions with big money. Fair play to them. Money doesn’t mean much unless it is spent well. Yeah so we know they like wasting millions it’s in the dna of aston…
Leicesters rise had little to do with money the squad cost less than Bailey cost villa. Leicester had a great recruitment team and a top manager. Villas recruitment is very patchy and take away his name and Gerrard is an unknown quantity. He did less than Neil Lennon in Scotland and no one would want him as manager.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More ambition: yes, by the looks of things. Better owners: not at the moment. They've spunked so much money on ****e and got away with it in their first season back in the PL the jammy sods.

Coutinho is a rumour that's all, let's see what happens there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Coutinho gets on if he goes to Vile. Seeing a few writing him off which is fair enough but I predict that he will do very well there if that is where he ends up both with assists and goals. I may be wrong but that is the feeling I have. He is still only 29 and has undoubted class. He gets on with Gerrard as well from him playing with him at Liverpool.

Some may not want to hear it but he is just the sort of player we are crying out for in some respects.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RE: Coutinho, can think of another midfielder who was a bit on the old side, commanded a six figure per week wage and didn’t turn out to be too bad a signing.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicesters rise had little to do with money the squad cost less than Bailey cost villa. Leicester had a great recruitment team and a top manager. Villas recruitment is very patchy and take away his name and Gerrard is an unknown quantity. He did less than Neil Lennon in Scotland and no one would want him as manager.
I agree but you throw enough money at anything it will get better even if it’s slow. They waste money every season. So I can see why owners like ours are cautious

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if Coutinho signs for villa, it strikes me as similar to Rodriguez going to Everton. Quality players on their day but will his heart be in it.

Sounds like a moxey ploy when we tried for the **** Adam Johnson. "We bid for him but couldn't get the deal done"

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but you throw enough money at anything it will get better even if it’s slow. They waste money every season. So I can see why owners like ours are cautious
They’re exceptionally wealthy guys but eventually chucking £100s of millions at something and getting nowhere will mean they’ll lose interest. They’re surrounded by the wrong people in my opinion, Purslow for instance is an absolute cretin.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS! Some Wolves fans really need to take a long hard look at themselves. We’ve come so far in the last 5 years but still they look for an angle to criticise.

When Fosun took over we were an average Champ team, recently promoted from Div 1. We’re now an established PL team sitting in the top half of the table.

We’re evolving into a club that aim to sustain the position they are in through self funding. Fantastic. Ask a Derby fan if they think that’s a good idea or not.

Yet some fans want to see this as a negative. Comparing our transfer/financial strategy to Villa who, if reports are to be believed, have dodged administration twice (play off win and avoiding relegation) in the last few years.

Be careful what you wish for!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It will be interesting to see how Coutinho gets on if he goes to Vile. Seeing a few writing him off which is fair enough but I predict that he will do very well there if that is where he ends up both with assists and goals. I may be wrong but that is the feeling I have. He is still only 29 and has undoubted class. He gets on with Gerrard as well from him playing with him at Liverpool.

Some may not want to hear it but he is just the sort of player we are crying out for in some respects.
Didn't you say this about James, JOS?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't you say this about James, JOS?

I did, jwolfie and I was wrong. He started off well there but didnt work out. I could well be wrong with this but Coutinho has played in this league before and knows Gerrard. I have a feeling he will do well for them. I hope he doesnt of course!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I did, jwolfie and I was wrong. He started off well there but didnt work out. I could well be wrong with this but Coutinho has played in this league before and knows Gerrard. I have a feeling he will do well for them. I hope he doesnt of course!
He hasn't played well for years, even at Bayern he was only ok. He won't be bad for them but he isn't very good in a team structure. Takes a million terrible shots, which is why he scores screamers. Selling him might be the best move Liverpool made (along with hiring Klopp) for decades

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re exceptionally wealthy guys but eventually chucking £100s of millions at something and getting nowhere will mean they’ll lose interest. They’re surrounded by the wrong people in my opinion, Purslow for instance is an absolute cretin.
Well said SBK. SOTV

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
James Rodriguez scored more goals than our POTY Pedro Neto and did so in eight less games.

Everton also finished above us in the league in his full season with them and got as many Premier League points as we've ever got.

Was he a massive success? Not at all, obviously. But I just don't get how this forum forgets what we do. They're so easy to slag others off when James scored more goals than our best player last season.

It's as though people just disregard that we finished below Villa & Everton last season and that we're somehow miles superior. People even have the cheek to say 'we don't want to do an Everton', a side that finished above us last season.

Obviously, it used to be West Ham but nobody can mention them now.

Coutinho may not be the player he was but I still reckon he will score and create more than any of our comparable players (Trincao, Podence) yet people will still scoff if he's not outstanding because he's on a big wage, as if it's their money.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're about to spunk 200k p/w on Coutinho for 18 months

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
James Rodriguez scored more goals than our POTY Pedro Neto and did so in eight less games.

Everton also finished above us in the league in his full season with them and got as many Premier League points as we've ever got.

Was he a massive success? Not at all, obviously. But I just don't get how this forum forgets what we do. They're so easy to slag others off when James scored more goals than our best player last season.

It's as though people just disregard that we finished below Villa & Everton last season and that we're somehow miles superior. People even have the cheek to say 'we don't want to do an Everton', a side that finished above us last season.

Coutinho may not be the player he was but I still reckon he will score and create more than any of our comparable players (Trincao, Podence) yet people will still scoff if he's not outstanding because he's on a big wage, as if it's their money.
Using last season as a yard stick to measure us by is disingenuous at best.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may well.

But what does it say about the other players they bought to replace grealish?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

James helped hamstring Everton so badly they are in FFP hell, which meant they couldn't invest and are now below us. Short term thinking.

I'm sure their fans loved the 25 games he played for them. Would you have had him for a season, cripple us financially then sod off?

You want to do an Everton then? Have to sell players for FFP whilst being 15th

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pre-Covid the answer was no. Post-Covid it’s not even open for discussion. Of course Villa’s owners have more ambition, ours now have no ambition.

Ambition is defined as a strong desire to do or achieve something. The only desire we are showing is to make small profits, certainly not to improve the team, win a trophy, improve the stadium or the training ground.

Singing a 26year old nobody from Japan v signing Coutinho, anyone thinking we are the more ambitious club is either in denial or outright stupid. That doesn’t mean I think we should sign him, but it’s the intent, and we haven’t shown any intent for years.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ambition is a misused word

They seem more willing to sail close to the wind with FFP, maybe they’re smarter, or more cynical and know they’ll sell the club or do another fraud with the stadium when the chickens come home to roost.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if Coutinho signs for villa, it strikes me as similar to Rodriguez going to Everton. Quality players on their day but will his heart be in it.

Sounds like a moxey ploy when we tried for the **** Adam Johnson. "We bid for him but couldn't get the deal done"
Exactly this for me. Football is so much about mentality and motivation. Rodriguez and Coutinho don’t have the mentality of a Moutinho who joined us with his career already peaked and on the downhill but is a proper pro who will always put in 100%
Ambition is a misused word

They seem more willing to sail close to the wind with FFP, maybe they’re smarter, or more cynical and know they’ll sell the club or do another fraud with the stadium when the chickens come home to roost.
i agree with the first part massively. Of course ambition is linked to spending but there is also several ways to peel an orange. I for one think our connection to Mendes is as big an advantage as spunking an additional £150 million like villa or Everton.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
They are certainly investing heavily in the playing squad. I would imagine if the investment continues at the rate of the past 3 years then they have a great opportunity to break into the top 6. The model they are using works for them if the owners are committed to invest heavily for at least another 3-4 years. Their stadium will also need addressing some time in the future as it’s a dump.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you think scoffing at the cost of a player as if it's their money is bad, don't look at the Fabio Silva thread!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fosun are more serious than Villa.
Everything that glitters is not Old Gold .

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After all thus 'ambition' there's still only a couple of players who I'd have off them.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre-Covid the answer was no. Post-Covid it’s not even open for discussion. Of course Villa’s owners have more ambition, ours now have no ambition.

Ambition is defined as a strong desire to do or achieve something. The only desire we are showing is to make small profits, certainly not to improve the team, win a trophy, improve the stadium or the training ground.

Singing a 26year old nobody from Japan v signing Coutinho, anyone thinking we are the more ambitious club is either in denial or outright stupid. That doesn’t mean I think we should sign him, but it’s the intent, and we haven’t shown any intent for years.
Look at his interview and his picture and its more that Villa are the only club silly enough to pay his extortionate wages.

Theyve already Buendia who does what he does, its a strange purchase and I'd be rather livid if Wolves spend money on him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coutinho is a good signing for a club like villa but he will take a few weeks to get up to speed. They’re fans will write him off if he has one bad game you know what they are like. Awesome at free kicks mind. I would laugh my balls off if he got clattered against United though

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only it was that simple.
Yes . I trust Fosun more than any other owner in this division to make us successful over a ten year period
But the money is not allocated to buy players , for this season at least.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa day on SSN now this is announced. Time to change channel. Haha.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a signing for Villa, something we could only dream about while we scratch around for what's left.

Back
Top Bottom