Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the difference in spin is incredible from the two clubs though, given we are not radically different and in very similar boats economically.

If Wolves had been knocked back at the 11th hour by Alemany after he'd already quit Barcelona, we would be a laughing stock with E&S, Birmingham Mail and BBC going in on us, with a "Shock U-turn" headline and probably having a pop at Fosun and Mendes at the same time.

Villa do it, BBC aren't even reporting it and E&S still have it as "could remain at Barcelona" when it's clear he's said no thanks despite months of talks and an offer of far more money.

Our Strategic Comms/Public Affairs team are incredibly poor, especially when you consider our Social Media is so good!
The issue is Aston Villa ply the game with the media and are far more open so get a bit more room to have things happen that either don’t get reported or handled far softer.

When you don’t play the game and something happens, you get hammered as they finally have a story about you to generate revenue from views and clicks.

It isn’t complicated….. fosun do need to be a bit more “reporter friendly” and allow stories to come out every so often to get similar treatment.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? They’ve spent nearly £150m this season…not including Cunha.
Exactly, they do care! I said when the summer window ended, that even though it has been poor they would pull the rip chord and spend big bucks to protect the investment.

They did!

Fosun do care, but i think they want better tangible results for the large outlay as those in power of transfers have a woeful success rate with big money transfers but the lower fee ones have done far better by comparison. So might explain the 20 million pound limit narrative.

They are great business men, and like the great minds they are they realised less spend on a similar model of player is more likely to yield results than big money players based on the law of averages with our spending the last three years.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The issue is Aston Villa ply the game with the media and are far more open so get a bit more room to have things happen that either don’t get reported or handled far softer.

When you don’t play the game and something happens, you get hammered as they finally have a story about you to generate revenue from views and clicks.

It isn’t complicated….. fosun do need to be a bit more “reporter friendly” and allow stories to come out every so often to get similar treatment.
Completely agree- the way our Strategic Comms team are letting us be portrayed is shambolic. Our brand building, at least in the UK, would receive a major boost by doing this so much better. Commuicating via the Barcelona method of pleading poverty whilst spending £200m is just ludicrous.

In a way, the Agbonlahor situation is a situation of our own making. High profile media personalities don't understand/like the approach that we are taking and we are making ourselves less likeable to the wider public because of it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say it’s a matter of patience rather than ambition. They’re spending more but there doesn’t seem to be the same efforts towards sustainability as Fosun show.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's better than a few shipping containers in a car park that will only get used when it's not raining/freezing cold in a season that runs from August-May in England.
Totally agree some might say vision or ambition to better things .

Meanwhile ours does look like a shipping container yard where one fell off the other .

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah it's a "fan park" type thing too, this is the proposed inside:

f3f34e20-f62e-11ec-838c-9d264339682e.png
The thing is ,we have dozens of pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground. granted that fan park is more suited to the non legacy fans and families but i will stick to the pub.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol…okay mate. So this £150m doesn’t count? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Absolutely doesn’t count because it was only spent in order to stay in the top league in World football.

Stalking a top manager and convincing them to come to Wolverhampton doesn’t show ambition either, it’s just a plaster for the rather Lage wound they created.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely doesn’t count because it was only spent in order to stay in the top league in World football.

Stalking a top manager and convincing them to come to Wolverhampton doesn’t show ambition either, it’s just a plaster for the rather Lage wound they created.
So we spend and now have to sell off the key assets. Next season isn’t going to be any easier at this rate

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure Villa's is more ambitious. I'm just saying it'll be crap.

It's great to be able to have glossy documents and whizzy presentations where they talk about a vibrant multi-use space where fans can mingle and meet.

What do clubs really want to do when they build a fan park though? They want to make money from that vibrant space. So they'll charge far too much for drinks, and no-one will use it. People love them in America, but here, most fans just want to go to the pub, get a burger from a van, and then go to their seat.
Probably because the pre-game activity at the stadium, which is typically in the ****-end of beyond, is far more part of the US match day experience.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The thing is ,we have dozens of pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground. granted that fan park is more suited to the non legacy fans and families but i will stick to the pub.
You just know it'll be £7.00 a pint, you'll need to pre-book a table, and the scratchings will be the gluten free cardboard variety

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, I was sharing it just because I thought the contrast between the images was funny, that's all.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 months ago everyone was saying the project was back on now!

What’s changed I since the end of the January transfer window?

The only thing Fosun need to start showing us is that they can employ the right people who can identify the right players .

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

As if by magic- 'Wolves must solve financial problems to progress'

And still no word from the BBC on Matheu Alemany which leads me to think one could see it two ways...

a) The BBC have an agenda against Wolves and pick up our bad stories to run with and beat us with
b) Wolves are using the press to bleat about our Barcelona-like poverty!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if by magic- 'Wolves must solve financial problems to progress'

And still no word from the BBC on Matheu Alemany which leads me to think one could see it two ways...

a) The BBC have an agenda against Wolves and pick up our bad stories to run with and beat us with
b) Wolves are using the press to bleat about our Barcelona-like poverty!
It is likely B, but to use it as a smokescreen to create interest in players we want/need to move on who clubs might feel are going to be expensive and then they look at cheaper alternatives. Clubs do it all the time.

But in regards to the story, they typed someone else’s homework to get some clicks hahaha

They have re-hashed Liam’s story and slapped a bbc sticker on it

How many times has “sources” been said and it was blatantly from a few posts on the mix lol

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not overly fussed what villa do or indeed any other club as so much of it comes from media spin. Currently the blue print is to be like Brighton who are a carbon copy of what Southampton did previously.

Villa remit is very much “everything now”, they’ve gone out and overspent on some players (as have we before the haters jump in) and definitely have very little control over what’s turning into an exceptionally large wage bill which is always what gets clubs before over spending on players does. They (like us) have brought in a very good manager but (again like us) have unrealistic fan bases but even moreso villa, they’ll be demanding European football next year and if they’re 10th by Xmas I’m sure Emery will get the bullet

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do the 54% still think "No"?
I think they’ve had a short term ascendancy as of right now, and Emery potentially has the skills for them to kick on.. but it won’t be easy and it wouldn’t be a huge shock to me if we’re very close to them, or above them, next season.

There isn’t much in it.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment everyone is jealous of Villa Newcastle and Brighton. Before then it was Wolves and Leicester, before then Southampton Swansea.

Is it about ambitious owners or just spending the money right?
We are all flash in the pans.

It's impossible to permanently join the top 6 now, the rules just won't allow sustained spending.

Back
Top Bottom