Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Fosun lost the fans?

Have Fosun lost the fans?

• Yes

Votes: 283 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 39 11.5%

• Total voters

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans in the ground have been extremely supportive to date, in spite of more than a few red flags, but I can really see a return to the 90s venomous Molineux now

That said O'Neill has done nothing wrong and who wouldn't take the job in his position so I hope all anger is directed toward Shi and Fosun

If they've broke me they really can break anyone

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
The fans in the ground have been extremely supportive to date, in spite of more than a few red flags, but I can really see a return to the 90s venomous Molineux now

That said O'Neill has done nothing wrong and who wouldn't take the job in his position so I hope all anger is directed toward Shi and Fosun

If they've broke me they really can break anyone

Exactly how I feel. Broken by all of this now.

I’m also very fearful of a backlash at the home matches. Scary times ahead.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the last 5 years Fosun have invested millions into the playing side, certainly up until this window our net spend was crazy really for a club this size. Some will perhaps understandably point to that in their defence.

The issue however is the decision making behind the spend has been at best haphazard, at worst plain negligent. Seems like they invest more when the chips are down and they are in panic mode, yet when things are going well or they have a genuine opportunity to progress, it’s as if they think they don’t need to do anything further, things are good so they will always be good.

Leads me to believe that, ultimately, they just don’t get how to run a club at this level. If I’m being generous I would say they are just unbelievably naive.

Either way, these decisions are now getting plain wreckless. Todays potential announcement will top the lot.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You say all of this and still buy tickets and shirts and the rest of it.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You say all of this and still buy tickets and shirts and the rest of it.
If the season tickets went on sale today I think there would be a few less taking it up. I was already on the fence... no shirt for me either, they've had the pound of flesh with the rises over the years. I won't give another penny to them.

They can take their record label and games team and sod off as far as I'm concerned.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve worked at businesses in the past where cutbacks are severe and immediate when recession strikes. I think that’s whats happened here, Fosun are in trouble and pulled the rug. Probably not prepared to cover the allowed FFP losses for this year. Hence the shifting goal posts.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun’s actions are almost inexplicable for an investment company. If they compound the problems they have created by signing a cheap huff and puff head coach, it is definitely time for them to go and sell to someone who can take our great club forward.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea, I’ve been loathed to back them due to what they had given us. But I’m done now. It’s like they bought a derelict house, spent loads renovating it to a beautiful large home, filled it with nice things and then didn’t have the money or inclination to bother with the upkeep.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. This has 'Dream Team' vibes..... where someone at the club has the motivation to deliberately relegate us out of spite. I just can't see how a set of owners can be this inept otherwise.

I doubt I'll go again until they're gone. Didn't bother getting the tickets I was going to get for Brighton going to do something else now instead. Haven't bothered buying shirts this season, just lost interest altogether now. Not going to watch the Man Utd game either, we all know how this is going to turn out.

Might actually just start following Al Hilal. I'm so relieved Neves got away from here, imagine what this would have done for his career

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve voted yes they’ve lost me.

They’ve not 100% lost me yet, but are very much dining out on the 2017/20 period of their ownership for me.

This current debacle is more or less the final nail in the coffin though. To have been seemingly caught out/ surprised by the regulations that mean we can’t spend anything is complete negligence or even incompetence. I certainly wouldn’t be getting a pay rise if similar happened in my job.

They talk of contingency planning, but how can you lurch from Lopetegui to O’Neil? Either they’re admitting they were wrong with Lopetegui and he’s not the type of coach we wanted, or we have no consistency in our planning and we’re in fact just bumbling along.

Lucky for what we’ve had in recent years, but the current situation is a monumental **** up, that I don’t think they can come back from.

Last edited:

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea, I’ve been loathed to back them due to what they had given us. But I’m done now. It’s like they bought a derelict house, spent loads renovating it to a beautiful large home, filled it with nice things and then didn’t have the money or inclination to bother with the upkeep.
Almost. They've bought it, renovated and decorated it, then torched it one night for the insurance money.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
just such a mess...i dont even know where to start

they have hardly got any managers right, Nuno aside...begging JL to come then losing him...i mean Jeff flew out to him for frigs sake
Saying how the reason most players want to come here because of JL then lose him
If we had any targets lined up...he would have been to reason they wanted to come...now he has gone
Now oneill ? really ?!! i mean obv i will back him completely if thats who it is - but really ? Jeff has no clue about football....we really need to replace him with someone who gets it- just how much forward planning has gone into this appointment- just people without a job ?! There never seems to be a plan at wolves since Nuno left
Oneill will undoubtedly get the sack before the Jan transfer window- then whats the plan ?!
Players that are here will want out of here asap before the window shuts
Just cant see anything other than relegation im afraid

End of rant, doesnt matter if people dont agree- just needed out of my head !!! :eek: :rolleyes: o_O :mad:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Nuno appointment looks more and more like it was a case of luck rather than judgement as the months go by.
Mendes put him into Shi’s lap and it worked wonders. Shi has done nothing for the club and will oversee the return to the championship because him and Fosun simply have no clue about football and haven’t surrounded themselves with people who do.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely, and 2 big defeats in our opening 2 games which is very plausible would turn the toxicity up to 11

Reactions: Ned

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t think so. But the longer Shi stays the worse that relationship between the ownership and the fans will get. Jeff has absolutely zero credit in the bank, and from what people are saying in group chats etc, if we get off to a poor start the fans will be coming for him, not O’Neil.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mendes put him into Shi’s lap and it worked wonders. Shi has done nothing for the club and will oversee the return to the championship because him and Fosun simply have no clue about football and haven’t surrounded themselves with people who do.
Unfortunately, I totally agree.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have a lot of credit for WWFC being a premier league team. They also deserve credit for investing millions in the squad; some purchases which were lauded and welcomed at the time turned out to be poor, but that happens with all clubs. Fosun and Jeff Shi deserve credit for making the match day experience better for families.

However, if taking credit, they have to take their fair share of blame for the farcical situations that have arisen of the last couple of years. Hiring and not firing Lage was a big black stain. The way the relationship with NES went to **** looks unforgivable now given what has happened the last few weeks. Hiring an elite coach, giving him certain guarantees and then reneging on that when he’d left his sick father to join us makes them look amateurish and presents our club in a terrible light. Not tackling the state of the stadium shows complete disregard for home and away visitors (maybe even for their safety - Steve Bull stand for example). Even Steve Morgan started some kind of work on ground redevelopment!
Potentially hiring Gary O Neil - although admittedly given the talent in our squad, this could work out perfectly and we have a successful season. There’s obviously much more.

All in all, yes they have lost my trust, but I’m thankful to Fosun for allowing me to enjoy our team becoming European challengers, however brief. I do believe they should now consider the sale of the club, but it will do nobody any good if we as supporters hurl abuse and start unfurling banners to hound out our most effective and supportive owners in decades. The negative impact on Gary O Neil (who may turn out to be a clever appointment given the circumstances) and the squad would spell almost certain relegation.

I will continue to just support WWFC and keep my fingers crossed that Fosun’s new strategy bears fruit this time. I’m going to set my expecrations low for this season - scrapping around bottom 6, and see it as a positive if we stay up.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens this season for WWFC, and for those teams that are clearly flouting ffp and sustainability rules.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume (probably wrongly) that this current **** show is down to Fosun demanding a return this summer at a time that FFP was ridiculously tight.

The pig headed *******s should have seen JLo was going to walk ages ago and done something to appease him (Alex Scott).

Owners who give a **** would have never let this happen. This move is quite telling.

Franski

Reaction score
Both Nuno and Lopetegui were brought in on the understanding they were in control of the football side of the club. Jeff Shi seems to be a dictator who has to control everything as the management structure at the club is now so flat. If you disagree with Shi, you have to go.
As reports say this has been going on for weeks, it is very convenient for him to go now when all the season ticket renewals have been completed.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted not sure. The mix has been much more hostile to Fosun over the last 2 or 3 years than the general fan base.
If I was going off here only I'd have said yes but would have done this time last year as well.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun’s actions are almost inexplicable for an investment company. If they compound the problems they have created by signing a cheap huff and puff head coach, it is definitely time for them to go and sell to someone who can take our great club forward.
As a bare minimum, to compete in the greed league, we need owners that are prepared to cover at least £90m of the allowed FFP losses each 3 years.

I’m not sure that’s very appealing to many potential owners out there.

Should we expect Fosun to do the same whilst at the helm?

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. This has 'Dream Team' vibes..... where someone at the club has the motivation to deliberately relegate us out of spite. I just can't see how a set of owners can be this inept otherwise.

I doubt I'll go again until they're gone. Didn't bother getting the tickets I was going to get for Brighton going to do something else now instead. Haven't bothered buying shirts this season, just lost interest altogether now. Not going to watch the Man Utd game either, we all know how this is going to turn out.

Might actually just start following Al Hilal. I'm so relieved Neves got away from here, imagine what this would have done for his career
Wait - you watched Dream Team

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This really does feel like the start of our decline doesn’t it
Sadly, this isn’t the start…..

It actually began with what happened to Nuno….. then the hire of Bruno Lage and him staying as long as he did, then the handling of it after.

I think now everyone sees it as the credit is gone from so many who wanted to remain positive.

We are middle of the decline currently, just look at the downward trend in on pitch performances over three seasons, the drop off in league places/how many times we have been in relegation form but pulled it back.

I feel sorry for GON, he is clearly an ambitious guy and from my homework a really likeable guy. But he is being served the poison chalice at the midlands answer to the Watford job!!!!!

I have calmed down in some respects to the impending appointment as I like everyone else needs to support the players, but also make the new manager feel at home and show him that we support the playing side and our beef is with the owners.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're Wolves fans not Fosun fans

Not one of us wants the team to suffer so if they give 100% in the shirt they will always get 100% from the fans

They treat you like a customer not a fan, so keep giving them money and they will do nothing differently.
You will moan, they will keep taking your cash, nothing will change.

Football stopped being about fans a long time ago dude, you’re all consumers for a global entertainment industry.

Coops

Reaction score
Just looking at the comments on the JLo departing across all social media platforms... yes.

Sanewolf

Reaction score
They have lost me.

Genuine question, when was the last time Jeff Shi & Co made a good decision?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They treat you like a customer not a fan, so keep giving them money and they will do nothing differently.
You will moan, they will keep taking your cash, nothing will change.

Football stopped being about fans a long time ago dude, you’re all consumers for a global entertainment industry.
I fully intend to mirror the owners investment in the club.
I did it in the Morgan/Moxey years, and will do it again now.
No amount of moaning will change a single thing.
Gutted though, I love this seasons home shirt!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You did see the Bruno Lage era?

To answer the question, absolutely. The constant ticket price rises, poor communication, atrocious stadium maintenance and the appointment of another **** poor manager and enough is enough for me.
Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom