Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has GON Been Tapped Up?

surreywolf

Reaction score
Oh, don’t twist it now. Moyes would have 100% said to Gary privately it was the wrong decision. What he says on and off camera won’t be the same thing.
I’m not twisting anything?!! Just pointing out what Moyes said on MotD contradicted what GON said he’d stated privately to him

You may well be right

I’m just observing shift in GON stance since before Christmas. No agenda, wonder why he’s changed and less ‘careful’

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I was talking to a business associate of mine yesterday who's a big man utd fan,goes home and away and has, so he's told me,friends inside the club.
He reckons Rattcliff has definitely mentioned Gon for a role in a new coaching setup once ETH has got the bullet and reckons his head has been turned.
He said Rattcliff is determined to get the club back to the top and is trying to get a all British set up to achieve it, with Gon on the coaching staff under a head coach.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was talking to a business associate of mine yesterday who's a big man utd fan,goes home and away and has, so he's told me,friends inside the club.
He reckons Rattcliff has definitely mentioned Gon for a role in a new coaching setup once ETH has got the bullet and reckons his head has been turned.
He said Rattcliff is determined to get the club back to the top and is trying to get an all British set up to achieve it, with Gon on the coaching staff under a head coach.
I’d take that with a huge pinch of salt. The only decent British head coach would be Potter whos still very young himself at 48 in managerial terms. If it’d been say 10 years ago under Fergie then I’m sure it would be tempting for GON to go and work with a master, learn the club for a couple of years and get the big job but going in as a number 2 to someone of similar age means if Potter is successful he’s still number 2 for years.

Could we lose GON? I’m sure we could as there’s much more attractive jobs in football, but I don’t see him breaking his neck to go and be a coach again

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said Rattcliff is determined to get the club back to the top and is trying to get a all British set up to achieve it, with Gon on the coaching staff under a head coach.

Unless it’s some kind of Roy Evans/ Gerard Houlier type setup where there is a manager and first team coach (and that worked so well), I just can’t see a current PL manager takes a coaching role on elsewhere. Even if it is the formerly famous Manchester United.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless it’s some kind of Roy Evans/ Gerard Houlier type setup where there is a manager and first team coach (and that worked so well), I just can’t see a current PL manager takes a coaching role on elsewhere. Even if it is the formerly famous Manchester United.
I think you should have written the formally excellent Manchester United as they are now and will continue to be one of the most famous clubs in the world for a long time. Liverpool and Manchester United are far and away the 2 most well known English teams.
Saying all that doesn't mean I like them but being famous is a fact.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As others have said, GON knew what he was getting into from the start regarding spending.
I do wonder however if in January he was told he was getting a striker for definite (before he let Sasa and Fabio go) and then had the rug pulled at the last minute cos we were definitely going to finish above the 17th we planned for and the club decided to keep the car in their pocket.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, GON knew what he was getting into from the start regarding spending.
I do wonder however if in January he was told he was getting a striker for definite (before he let Sasa and Fabio go) and then had the rug pulled at the last minute cos we were definitely going to finish above the 17th we planned for and the club decided to keep the car in their pocket.

The only way I think not doing it in Jan is just about excusable in my mind, is if not spending the money in Jan give GON a few more million to go after a better level player in the summer up top.

But it still hasn’t been done well looking at how it has all gone down in terms of helping him in Jan

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only way I think not doing it in Jan is just about excusable in my mind, is if not spending the money in Jan give GON a few more million to go after a better level player in the summer up top.

But it still hasn’t been done well looking at how it has all gone down in terms of helping him in Jan
There's the rub though, will he get reasonable funds in the Summer? If he's already been let down (that's just my supposition obvs) then that will set alarm bells ringing.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's the rub though, will he get reasonable funds in the Summer? If he's already been let down (that's just my supposition obvs) then that will set alarm bells ringing.

I hope and bloody pray Jeff delivers the funds!!!

I don’t he has the runway now to not deliver it after the JL story and recently the Jan incident for GON.

If he ups the price of tickets again and doesn’t deliver what he has said he can in terms of freeing up funds for transfers, then for many I know who defend Jeff, it will do massive harm to how they feel about him

fleck1

Reaction score
I’m not twisting anything?!! Just pointing out what Moyes said on MotD contradicted what GON said he’d stated privately to him

You may well be right

I’m just observing shift in GON stance since before Christmas. No agenda, wonder why he’s changed and less ‘careful’
I'd say its more he's earned the right to be less careful. The beginning of the season he'd been sacked by Bournemouth, our fan base weren't keen and he was seen as a cheap and easy appointment. Fast forward 7 or 8 months he's had us in a European scrap and his star is on the rise and other clubs will be looking on. He's just in a stronger position to be making demands now

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm still so bitterly angry about the West Ham game. Most ****ed off I have been with the players this season. People saying Moyes pulled one on Gaz in the second half (and I have seen it many places).

Look at the ****ing teams.

You cannot work a remotely decent manager over two halves. At halftime they will adjust, and there's a reason they don't do it sooner: they can't. He got them to a state where West Ham, a counter-attacking team, were forced to chase the game. They are awful at it. They can't make **** against a set defence, and they didn't at the weekend. However, the players managed to contrive two goals conceded out of thin air, and he had nothing to send out there except a crocked Cunha and children.

If your ****ing senior fullback you brought in for his experience (because he's athletically way past it) and your captain central defender contrive to **** up like that, you lose. Nothing anybody can do but get some new ****ing players. You can't coach spontaneous combustion out of someone.

And you simply have to be able to soak some pressure. If the only way to win is to be as dominant as the team was in the first half, you won't win.

Back
Top Bottom