Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has GON Been Tapped Up?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbh I don’t see Fosun not providing much needed funds to improve our squad unless it means we would face a ffp points deduction.
There is scope to raise some funds from within by permanently moving on the likes of Silva, Sasa and Guedes permanently. The likely fees being received will not be anything to write home about but if the combined amount received can bring in a quality forward, it will result in a net improvement to our team.
GON genuinely seemed flattered to get the Wolves job and a bit like Alonso at Leverkusen, I think GON’s shrewd enough to continue building his reputation at Wolves.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, i said cunha would be in the squad tuesday wasy before it was announced and before the presser

i said that the front line for the villa game was chiwome, sarabia again before it linked

Either way its only from compton and what snippets people hear
To be fair you also said Cunha would be in the team against Villa.

DJW

Reaction score
To be fair, the last couple of weeks has demonstrated that if we lose 3 of our better players we turn into a relegation fighting team. So I hope we don't intend to let go of more than one of them, with the rest being currently loaned players.
Also can't have 3 out 3 in, or we end up in the same 'small squad' mess. Hence any transfer activity has to be based on deals for loan players and letting maybe a single big sale first team player leave.
As usual I imagine we will let 4 or 5 players leave early in the window and replace them on the last couple of days of the window, making it an uphill struggle at the start of the season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you also said Cunha would be in the team against Villa.
Tbf I don't think Northampton did say that. He's usually very accurate with his team predictions so much so I asked him if he was GON in disguise on here this week?!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about then if those are the two clubs his destined for. A basket of a club and the other one who have the ego to believe they have a history of playing like barcelona
True about Everton, but I think you do West Ham a disservice there. They probably have the most deluded fans in the Premier League, but it is hard to deny they are a very decent Premier League side and well-cemented on the European scene by this point. Won a European tournament last season, narrowly missed on a Europa final the season before, are in the last 8 this year, and are generally in the hunt for qualification.

They would be an undoubtedly attractive prospect for Gary, not least given his affinity for the club. With the long-running rumours that Moyes may be leaving in the Summer, it would all slot into place for them. If Fosun treat Gary the same way they treated JL last Summer, I might begin to worry a bit.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, the last couple of weeks has demonstrated that if we lose 3 of our better players we turn into a relegation fighting team. So I hope we don't intend to let go of more than one of them, with the rest being currently loaned players.
Also can't have 3 out 3 in, or we end up in the same 'small squad' mess. Hence any transfer activity has to be based on deals for loan players and letting maybe a single big sale first team player leave.
As usual I imagine we will let 4 or 5 players leave early in the window and replace them on the last couple of days of the window, making it an uphill struggle at the start of the season.
That's true for perhaps 12 or so of all the teams in the Prem. Fosun have given us one great Wolves team (and manager) and I have to believe that they can see the bones of another potentially great team now. I think we'll keep Neto and pray he can have an injury free season and along with him, Cunha, RAN, Semedo, Gomes and Lemina, a good striker (10-15 goals) is perhaps all we need for a realistic push at Europe.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know how Fosun’s other worlds work, but football is a people business and football people don’t tolerate behaviours which Fosun seems to find acceptable. They’re trying to force the business sociopath mentality into the game instead of being respectful and aware of their surroundings. How many times can you be taught the same lesson without your boldness is revealed as ignorance, it’s a bit pathetic. Just stop lying to the managers. Stop it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know how Fosun’s other worlds work, but football is a people business and football people don’t tolerate behaviours which Fosun seems to find acceptable. They’re trying to force the business sociopath mentality into the game instead of being respectful and aware of their surroundings. How many times can you be taught the same lesson without your boldness is revealed as ignorance, it’s a bit pathetic. Just stop lying to the managers. Stop it.
It's not only "the business sociopath mentality" but also blind kowtowing respect for "authority".

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is in their current predicament and with how their ownership is, I doubt Jesus could resurrect them. If it’s not this season it’ll be next they go down

They will really have to purge their high wage earners this summer……

They will be buggered in terms of quality in their squad, if they do the necessary things to get their financial affairs back in order.

No way on earth they get let off lightly for a third time! And the media and public sympathy will run out eventually too in regards to this if they don’t do a big sale this summer as more is coming out about their financial affairs.

Leicester come up with their issues and looming point deductions, plus Everton if they stay up would be very likely to go next season.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
We’ll be going through the motions come season end retrospectively if we get our most influential players back!

However, don’t be too surprised if they are sold to meet the Fosun way of doing business in the short term, Gary and Hobbs will be gone in the summer, mark my words!!!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
We’ll be going through the motions come season end retrospectively if we get our most influential players back!

However, don’t be too surprised if they are sold to meet the Fosun way of doing business in the short term, Gary and Hobbs will be gone in the summer, mark my words!!!
Not wanting to offend you in anyway Topcat but I can't resist a request to mark someone's words! The last poster who's words I marked was someone called Martin, who before the Chelsea home game in December said that we would be in the relegation zone come the end of January. I marked his words as he requested and come the end of January I reminded him but he didn't like it and deleted his post. If you are right I will congratulate you in the summer but I hope you are wrong!

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I have some mates who support Sky 6 clubs and a couple of them have said they'd have GON. To me that is an even bigger indication that we must keep hold! If, and I am realising that it may be a very big if, GON is backed I believe he can win a domestic cup or two in the future. I've said that a few times and I think I will continue to say it regardless of how this season ends- it's important for me to remember what I was thinking last August.

I really like him. Everything I read about him or hear him say in his interviews makes me believe. GON and Hobbs can lead us into a bright future if they are allowed to do so.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have some mates who support Sky 6 clubs and a couple of them have said they'd have GON. To me that is an even bigger indication that we must keep hold! If, and I am realising that it may be a very big if, GON is backed I believe he can win a domestic cup or two in the future. I've said that a few times and I think I will continue to say it regardless of how this season ends- it's important for me to remember what I was thinking last August.

I really like him. Everything I read about him or hear him say in his interviews makes me believe. GON and Hobbs can lead us into a bright future if they are allowed to do so.
I've re-looked at the table and if Everton seems to be a non-starter then I believe the only Prem club he could/would go to this summer is WHU. There is no way he is going to a top 6 club though thinking about it I do think BHA would be an option if De Zerbi moves on.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's going nowhere.

Not done anything yet to warrant a bigger club than us.

How could West Ham sack Moyes, someone with real pedigree and who has won them a European trophy, and bring in O'Neil?

The only possible justification would be style of play, but we've scored 43 goals to their 50. So, it would be a hard sell on that front as well.

If you replace the current bottom three with Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, the 20 Premier League jobs would surely be within the top 40/50 in world football.

Managers will be falling over themselves to get here, which is why Bournemouth could poach Iraola who was regarded as a top coach in Spain and had years of experience.

O'Neil would need to do something really special with us to get himself in contention for that next level, which would be reaching Europe and doing well in Europe, or something like winning the FA Cup/reaching a final, in my opinion.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve seen nothing of any substance to believe you are right in their leaving.

Personally, I’d be surprised if both leave.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gaz should get his head down and get us into Europe next season.. we gave him a good opportunity when not many Prem clubs would have taken the risk.

But I hope Fosun realise they could be onto something good and that needs nurturing. A good young manager, some very good young players and an ambitious sporting director.. I don’t think it’s a big risk for them to invest into developing from that position. It could be a catastrophe not to.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's going nowhere.

Not done anything yet to warrant a bigger club than us.

How could West Ham sack Moyes, someone with real pedigree and who has won them a European trophy, and bring in O'Neil?

The only possible justification would be style of play, but we've scored 43 goals to their 50. So, it would be a hard sell on that front as well.

If you replace the current bottom three with Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, the 20 Premier League jobs would surely be within the top 40/50 in world football.

Managers will be falling over themselves to get here, which is why Bournemouth could poach Iraola who was regarded as a top coach in Spain and had years of experience.

O'Neil would need to do something really special with us to get himself in contention for that next level, which would be reaching Europe and doing well in Europe, or something like winning the FA Cup/reaching a final, in my opinion.
West Ham fans don’t know they are born.

Win European trophies then complain because’the football isn’t pretty to watch’.

Seen it before where a team gets rid of a decent manager and that’s it.

If GON leaves for WHAM l’d get Moyes in

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON was very succinct in what he said after last nights match.

He didn’t dwell on anything he said, but it needed saying. Nothing controversial, just being up front.

We are safe in the Premier League and have plenty of time now to plan for next season. I am sure Gary will know very soon after the end of the season what our ambitions are and hopefully they will match his own.

I just wonder what else we can do as a Premier League club and what Fosuns ambitions are. We have sold/ loaned out 20+ players since last summer, raised close on £150million in transfer fees, saved £10’s of millions in wages, decimated the squad and are still 10th in the best league in world!

This summer is massive imo and will show us what our owners ambitions are. We are no good to them in the Championship. The Premier League is the place to be for the exposure, the brand and their name.

Let’s stop the inevitable rumours about GON, Fosun, and give him some backing, otherwise I fear the worst! Oh, I include Matt Hobbs in that as well!

FFP/PSR or whatever it is now being called is nothing like the problem it was, apparently, and we have learned a lot from it and also earned from it, in a daft way. We have players on loan who have not contributed this season (Guedes, Podence, Hoever, Chiquinho, Mosquera, Silva, Sasa, Hodge, Cundle to name 9) and they would raise a few Bob on permanent transfers so get some money in and bolster our paper thin squad. Hopefully, that will give Gary what he wants and stop the tapping up rumours.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham fans don’t know they are born.

Win European trophies then complain because’the football isn’t pretty to watch’.

Seen it before where a team gets rid of a decent manager and that’s it.

If GON leaves for WHAM l’d get Moyes in
Agree entirely.

Maybe they don’t like Michail Antonio up front, so take it out on Moyes!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON suffered a broken ankle while at W Ham, which put him out of the game for months. W Ham were a basket case when he was there, you say? They achieved promotion to the PL in 2012, beating Blackpool 2-1 in the Play Off Final at Wembley. GON was a key player for them in the run up to the Final and he played in it. I imagine he has very fond memories of that.
I swear I read somewhere he grew up a West Ham fan as well

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ordinarily I’d 100% agree with you on it. I just didn’t expect to be on the end of a hissy fit when I was actually agreeing with BSK for once
Yes, he was a Millwall fan, as I pointed out earlier in the thread.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GON hasn’t done much as yet except get relegation favourites to punch above their weight. This is testament to his abilities to inspire a team ethic.

Does he overthink things? Don’t know but a real test will be when he has a better and bigger squad and where expectations are higher.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's only 40, has got us to a position we all thought was fantasy after JL bailed, has great man management skills, gets 100% from a small bunch of players who seem to respect him, tactical consistency to be determined, ambitous, getting positive and significant media attention, saving Shi's ****. Damn right, if fosun drop the ball again in the off season and not support him, he will be off and who would blame him.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if he left after one season and before he can sign anyone. Just hope it was an one off moan and not a Lopetegui style moanathon as he doesn't come across as that type of person. With some players coming back hopefully will lift his mood and we move on together positive for the new season.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if he left after one season and before he can sign anyone. Just hope it was an one off moan and not a Lopetegui style moanathon as he doesn't come across as that type of person. With some players coming back hopefully will lift his mood and we move on together positive for the new season.
I imagine if he does go it will be when he is told how many are out the door and the players that are coming in.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big fan of his but he really needs to sort out how we approach the second half way to many times this season we are sooooo slow and sit back way to deep and just allow away teams to gain momentum.
If he’s anything like the studious technician he’s made out to be he should be looking at today and games similar to see where he’s been outclassed by more experienced managers.

It happens far too often to be a coincidence and it’s happened with a full strength team as well.

Time for GON to use some time to have a good long look at himself.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Did anyone notice GON stating Moyes and Fabianski told him it wasn’t a goal, but Moyes saying on MoTD it was the right decision? Seems like quite a thing to say if Moyes didn’t say it

This, GON not holding back in his reaction to refs (when he was so studious and careful after early-season VAR errors) plus recent comments about thin squad, suggest to me something has changed for GON…..

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Did anyone notice GON stating Moyes and Fabianski told him it wasn’t a goal, but Moyes saying on MoTD it was the right decision? Seems like quite a thing to say if Moyes didn’t say it

This, GON not holding back in his reaction to refs (when he was so studious and careful after early-season VAR errors) plus recent comments about thin squad, suggest to me something has changed for GON…..
Oh, don’t twist it now. Moyes would have 100% said to Gary privately it was the wrong decision. What he says on and off camera won’t be the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom