Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Happy Birthday to our greatest ever goalscorer

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday to the living legend. Was privileged to see him play.

The mark of a great goalscorer: scored goals no matter the tactics, team or formation.

No matter how technically good the current team is, we'll never see anyone like that in Wolves shirt again.

Truly world class on his day.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another one down, and hopefully many more to come.

MO36RHCWLZHNFDU4SYWDXQYNAY.jpg

Last edited:

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday Steve.One of the very best.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ashamed to admit that at 13 years old I fell in love with this guy and still am. Forget technical ability, he is the greatest player to have ever played for Wolves in my opinion. I have never seen a footballer with such a one-eyed determination to score goals.

Fh_h0pRWIAEfqI_

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday Bully, and thanks for all the amazing memories. Who can ever forget that fantastic day at Newcastle United on that New Years Day.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was another thread about Fabio Silva. :)

Clipboard

Reaction score
Not ashamed to admit that at 13 years old I fell in love with this guy and still am. Forget technical ability, he is the greatest player to have ever played for Wolves in my opinion. I have never seen a footballer with such a one-eyed eyed determination to score goals.

Fh_h0pRWIAEfqI_
I was just the same. Absolute legend. Happy birthday Bully!!

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ashamed to admit that at 13 years old I fell in love with this guy and still am. Forget technical ability, he is the greatest player to have ever played for Wolves in my opinion. I have never seen a footballer with such a one-eyed eyed determination to score goals.

Fh_h0pRWIAEfqI_
My youngest is 14 and I keep telling him, no matter how much he thinks he loves Neves...at least times it by 10 to get anywhere near how much I adored Bully when I was his age

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he ever take a penalty for us out of interest? Would be interesting to know how many Andy Thompson put away to give an idea of how many more goals Bully could have tallied.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he ever take a penalty for us out of interest? Would be interesting to know how many Andy Thompson put away to give an idea of how many more goals Bully could have tallied.
Yes he did.....can remember him taking 1 and missing.....can't remember the game but he definitely did.....but it was a long time ago so maybe??

Last edited:

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Bully. He’s the greatest centre forward the world as ever seen.
It was a pleasure watching you rampage through the divisions, you are, and always will be a legend.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wikipedia says Thommo got 43 goals for us, a high % of which would’ve been penalties. I also remember the likes of Chard, Cook and De Wolf taking pens in Bully’s time. It’s not out of the question that he could’ve had another 50 goals if he was a penalty taker.

I know he missed one for us but I seem to remember him scoring penalties for England B and/or the U21s.

Lyewolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonder how many he would have scored with a better service and taking penalties. Will never see his loyalty again
Don't think he took a penalty after he missed one against Sheffield Wednesday at molineux in the 3rd round of the F.A cup. The game where the police had to let some Wolves fans into the derelict North bank. Ron Atkinson was there manager and we gave him a hard time that day. Lost 3.1 though.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Sheff Weds keeper, Chris Turner? saved the pen with his head.

Anyway, back on topic…. Happy birthday to the legend. Never see his like ever again.

superwolves

Reaction score
Don't think he took a penalty after he missed one against Sheffield Wednesday at molineux in the 3rd round of the F.A cup. The game where the police had to let some Wolves fans into the derelict North bank. Ron Atkinson was there manager and we gave him a hard time that day. Lost 3.1 though.
It's the only penalty I remember him taking

Last edited:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wikipedia says Thommo got 43 goals for us, a high % of which would’ve been penalties. I also remember the likes of Chard, Cook and De Wolf taking pens in Bully’s time. It’s not out of the question that he could’ve had another 50 goals if he was a penalty taker.

I know he missed one for us but I seem to remember him scoring penalties for England B and/or the U21s.
He scored a penalty away at Milwall in a pre season friendly in 1989. Pretty sure that’s the only other one he took for us apart from the miss against Sheff Wed.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in a room full of Scotsmen on a Saturday in May 1989 when Bully scored that unforgetable goal at Hampden. I behaved with a cool, calm and collected demeanour when his shot hit the net ................... Did I heck, I leapt up and gave it " Get in there ! " My Scottish friends were very understanding ( They would go on to attend a number of games at Molineux with me ) with one commenting " Big Man, while yer up on the lightshade you could'nae give it a wee dust could yer ! " :D:D:D

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He scored a penalty away at Milwall in a pre season friendly in 1989. Pretty sure that’s the only other one he took for us apart from the miss against Sheff Wed.
No, I can’t remember any others.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday, legend

Proper centre forward and great goal scorer. I’ve seen a few in my time as well: The Doog and John Richards going back a bit!

Absolute top human being as well. I’ll never forget the support Bully gave to my dear departed brother during his time in Compton Hospice, nearly 3 years ago. Steve visited him and has done fund raising events in my brothers name ever since.

Thank you again Steve.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can remember Bully scoring a hat trick vs Bristol City and Thommo scored a header.

It’s a strange one when you think that watching Wolves you were far more likely to see the former than the latter.

Was Thommo much over five foot tall?!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday, legend

Proper centre forward and great goal scorer. I’ve seen a few in my time as well: The Doog and John Richards going back a bit!

Absolute top human being as well. I’ll never forget the support Bully gave to my dear departed brother during his time in Compton Hospice, nearly 3 years ago. Steve visited him and has done fund raising events in my brothers name ever since.

Thank you again Steve.
Not forgetting the great Jimmy Murray. 199 goals in 273 league appearances over 8 years (1955-63), and all at the top level. And he won two League Championships and an FA Cup. Fearless and deadly.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Tomas Frankowski you Ledge.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not forgetting the great Jimmy Murray. 199 goals in 273 league appearances over 8 years (1955-63), and all at the top level. And he won two League Championships and an FA Cup. Fearless and deadly.
That can't be right, can it? Bully broke John Richards record of 194 goals in all competitions.
Just checked on Wolves Heroes, they have Murray down as 166 in all competitions. Still a good record though.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have had some great goal scorers in our time, Bully is right up their with the best, many of which are mentioned in this thread.

I’ve just been listening to the Ted Farmer podcast on the wolf whistle. Incredibly sad story, a real goal machine 28 goals in his first season (27 games) and retired at 24 years of age. Would have loved to see him play and how many he would have scored if things had gone differently for him.

Back
Top Bottom