Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gyorkes

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
There is a wee bit of PL interest. So no guarantee he would choose Wolves anyways.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think a fluid front three of Gyokeres, Fabio and Cunha would be a very threatening way to go. Having Giles or Bueno rotating and firing in the crosses to them and we could be onto a winner.

Let them build relationships as a three as well- they have all got time on their side to improve, are athletic and they've all got a bit of everything.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a fluid front three of Gyokeres, Fabio and Cunha would be a very threatening way to go. Having Giles or Bueno rotating and firing in the crosses to them and we could be onto a winner.

Let them build relationships as a three as well- they have all got time on their side to improve, are athletic and they've all got a bit of everything.
Exactly how I'd envision it as well. Front six of:

Silva Gyokeres Cunha
Scott Gomes Nunes​

Scott and Nunes getting forward at will, Gomes the enforcer in front of the back four. Energy and athleticism in abundance. Front three can all come wide or central. The only thing you'd worry about is service from the full-backs. We potentially have Bueno/Giles whipping balls in on the left, we need our very own Trippier on the right!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Supposed to be interested in him, watching the play off final I don’t know if he’s playing? I would’ve waste 25 million on him. Had a coffeee this morning with a friend who is a Chelsea fan but a season ticket holder with Almeria. He says the bloke we’ve been linked with from there ( name escapes me) is worth more than the rumoured 25 million euro asking price and a real talent.
Presumably you're thinking of El Bilal Toure? 6 goals this season, but plenty of raw talent

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes convinced me, good strength, vision, no shortage of skill and can finish. Yes the PL is different gravy but I think he would step up.
Of course its pie in the sky though. He will probably turn up at Brentford, Fulham or Brighton. We rarely deal with English clubs. I can only assume the links are from his agent.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hes convinced me, good strength, vision, no shortage of skill and can finish. Yes the PL is different gravy but I think he would step up.
Of course its pie in the sky though. He will probably turn up at Brentford, Fulham or Brighton. We rarely deal with English clubs. I can only assume the links are from his agent.
I might be stretching a bit, but 1/3 rd of Lopetegui's signings are from English clubs.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know about Gyorkes but the way Luton played in the first half I'd buy their team lock stock and barrel.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a centre forward, so I don’t see them as a direct comparison. Fabio is more comparable to Cunha. Both need a big man like Gyokeres.

I don't really see it that way. With ball at feet, in penalty area and a moment of space, Fabio has always been an excellent, natural finisher. Cunha just isn't, we see it nearly every match. What Fabio lacked was the rest of his game, for example being able to *make* that space. Or do anything other than propel the ball in the direction of goal.

He's got a lot better at that during his loan. His pace has improved. The times I've seen him for Anderlecht and PSV, so has his all round awareness, passing and decision making. And I still think he's close to the best finisher at the club. since Raul injury, probably only Podence as competition. Fabio still seems lacking in the air, though, but so does Cunha so no loss there. I think Fabio could work well alongside Cunha. Fabio is a finisher. Probably could work alongside Gyokeres, but I'm just not sure that Gyokeres has that high ability you need at the very top level yet.

I'd rather have Gyokeres than Costa, though.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't make my mind up about him. Tough first half, although Luton outnumbered him 3 to 1 which didn't help. Did well for the goal and was much better with a strike partner in the second half. At times he looks a bit clumsy and awkward and at others you can see how he's managed so many goal contributions. As Dan said, not sure I'd want us to be the ones to find out if he's good enough for the prem, although to be fair you take that risk with any striker and even if he failed, there's always a market for championship goalscorers (ask Chris Wood, Jordon Rhodes, Ross McCormack etc)

Also, Mark Robins said in the post match press conference that Gyokeres has been playing with an injury having injections to get him through games for several weeks now

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, Mark Robins said in the post match press conference that Gyokeres has been playing with an injury having injections to get him through games for several weeks now
Interesting. I know it's done but I don't like players having injections for a sustained length of time as it usually makes the underlying injury far worse. Eventually there is a pay back for the "fix it for now approach" and while I understand Coventry gambled with it, it really doesn't protect the player. This would put an extra question mark against his health even if we were interested and I'm not convinced we are.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
I haven't got the link but I read that Fabio had said he wanted to stay on loan to develop his progress. If true that is different than want away. He is still very young so could still come good.
Too much is read into any of this. It was an interview with a Dutch magazine, to be read by PSV fans

What was he supposed to say? "It's ****e here I can't wait to get back to England"?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one depends on the fee. If it’s a decent deal with add ons then I’d be interested but for a team who so desperately needs a striker, it’s a risk to look into the championship for one. That’s not snobbery, we haven’t got the leeway to get it wrong and take a chance in such a key position especially with our perceived lower budget.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I still haven't seen the guy pay.

Is he any good?

I've not seen Alex Scott either but from I've what I've read I want him a lot more than GG...

The power of the media eh...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still haven't seen the guy pay.

Is he any good?

I've not seen Alex Scott either but from I've what I've read I want him a lot more than GG...

The power of the media eh...
Don't think George Graham could be tempted back into management anyway

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is here next season. Keep Hwang. Bring back Fabio. Sign Gyokeres.

That's not too shabby IMV.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one depends on the fee. If it’s a decent deal with add ons then I’d be interested but for a team who so desperately needs a striker, it’s a risk to look into the championship for one. That’s not snobbery, we haven’t got the leeway to get it wrong and take a chance in such a key position especially with our perceived lower budget.
I don’t mind the idea of buying from the championship, I think it can be more of a risk buying from a league like Portugal where you have the extra risk of a player finding it hard to settle in a foreign country.
I’ve not watched enough of Gyokeres to properly judge, but from what I have seen I’ve always been more impressed with Acpom and Archer at Boro.

Reactions: Ned

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commented on the Hwang thread, but from what I’ve seen over a few games, that I’d see him more as a replacement for Hwang or Neto than a number 9. Despite his goal tally this season, he doesn’t look like an out and out striker, nor one who excels in hold up play. Gets into good positions though, and links up play nicely.

If we want a more traditional target man, then Akpom at Boro probably fits the bill better if we’re looking at Champ players. Could secure him with a much lower cash spend with Giles going in the opposite direction. We could even sweeten the deal by offering them Fabio on a season long loan to give him a more physical league and them a replacement striker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve watched him a few times and I’m not impressed. He’s slow and teams would defend with high line and press us in. We need a striker with power and pace otherwise we’ll be watching the same kind of turgid attack we’ve witnessed for the past 3 seasons.

Reactions: DPE

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly how I'd envision it as well. Front six of:

Silva Gyokeres Cunha
Scott Gomes Nunes​

Scott and Nunes getting forward at will, Gomes the enforcer in front of the back four. Energy and athleticism in abundance. Front three can all come wide or central. The only thing you'd worry about is service from the full-backs. We potentially have Bueno/Giles whipping balls in on the left, we need our very own Trippier on the right!

Defensively that would get absolutely destroyed.
We going to ask Cunha and Silva would have to drop back in defensive shape.

When teams are breaking, Nunes and Scott will be high up the pitch and will leave just Gomes in midfield, you want the full backs high too.

Got to think about your rest defense.

Gyokeres Cunha
Scott Gomes Lemina Nunes

Having Lemina and Gomes as the midfield two would give us more structure in the midfield. Let Nunes and Scott drift inside with the full backs adding the width. Scott and Nunes will be more likely to consistently come back to defend.

I wouldn't actually be against going 5 at the back again. Would probably mean dropping one of Nunes or Scott, but we probably won't even have them both next season. Doubt we'll get Scott over the line and/or keep Nunes.

Gyokeres Cunha
Giles Gomes Nunes Lemina Semedo
Kilman Dawson Collins

Have Nunes/Scott/attacking midfielder breaking into the front 2 like how Coventry use Harmer.

Back
Top Bottom