Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gyorkes

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Supposed to be interested in him, watching the play off final I don’t know if he’s playing? I would’ve waste 25 million on him. Had a coffeee this morning with a friend who is a Chelsea fan but a season ticket holder with Almeria. He says the bloke we’ve been linked with from there ( name escapes me) is worth more than the rumoured 25 million euro asking price and a real talent.

Reaction score
Supposed to be interested in him, watching the play off final I don’t know if he’s playing? I would’ve waste 25 million on him. Had a coffeee this morning with a friend who is a Chelsea fan but a season ticket holder with Almeria. He says the bloke we’ve been linked with from there ( name escapes me) is worth more than the rumoured 25 million euro asking price and a real talent.
Cant really judge a player on 45 mins...

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul didn’t exactly impress for Mexico in his brief cameos during the 2018 WC after signing for us, so i’m not too worried.

Hobbs seems to have a good set of eyes for talent, so if both him and Lopetegui want him then that’ll do for me…

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really judge a player on 45 mins...

I'm not saying he's not going to make it in the premier league but I wouldn't want to be the team that finds out. If we already had a striker and he'd come in as back up or something then great but to put our hopes on him from what I've seen in a hand full of games wouldn't fill me with confidence

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet you’re one of the ones who wrote Fabio silva off after 1 game
He was no existent in the 2 semi finals as well.

I’m split on him tbf. On one hand he’s scored plenty this season in a pretty average Cov side but on the other when they create little there’s no point him being on the pitch.

We need a player who’s going to cause trouble for defenders and pull them out of position and score.

Gyokeres isn’t that player but to get that player we need to spend £60-80m or do some seriously good scouting abroad

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any examples of Gyokeres being PL level out there?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't much of the ball in the playoff games, he does work hard though tuns the channels and generally is a great out ball for his teammstes
He's had a great season

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve asked the Coventry team bus driver to drop Gyokeres off at Molineux on his way home.

Will let you know if I get a response lol

Still not sure if I actually want him though but he’s looked a bit more dangerous 2nd half

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

An intelligent lay off for sure

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good pull back, didn’t just fire the ball across, waited for his midfield to catch up and picked a pass.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him as a lone striker. I think he needs to be on the left of a 3 or 2. Got to play on the break and hit balls to him to run into.

Got an assist, got his head up and a lovely pullback.

Will be physically outrun and muscle premier League defenders?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. He’s a unit. Centre backs hate playing against him. Chances are Cov will win this now they have momentum though so it may be a pointless conversation.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him as a lone striker. I think he needs to be on the left of a 3 or 2. Got to play on the break and hit balls to him to run into.

Got an assist, got his head up and a lovely pullback.

Play him with Cunha and Hwang.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve asked the Coventry team bus driver to drop Gyokeres off at Molineux on his way home.

Will let you know if I get a response lol

Still not sure if I actually want him though but he’s looked a bit more dangerous 2nd half
He has been well Marshalled, but has certainly joined the party now. Excellent hold up play, then finds his mate with a nice pass for their goal. I think he could do well for us.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. He’s a unit. Centre backs hate playing against him. Chances are Cov will win this now they have momentum though so it may be a pointless conversation.

My issue with him, is he doesn't play like a big striker. You can tell he was a winger. his inability to hold the ball up is what caused Covs issues in the first half

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks tidy on the ball but not much more today. I still want him though, he's got a proven goal scoring record in England and he's young. I'd like to see Silva brought back too, I've not been blown away by him but he's clearly talented and has got into the goal scoring habit albeit in leagues arguably below the Championship in terms of competitiveness?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Decent pace, strong, runs the channels and can play a bit. Think he’d link well with Fabio and/or Cunha. To have 30 goal contributions in this Coventry side is, quite frankly, miraculous.

Would love us to go big on a striker but I think I’d be ok with him, Fabio, Cunha and Sasa as our options next year.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Earlier in the game he was a plodding donkey. He must have done some stretches at half-time.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't get the hype and don't see anything better than Hwang or Silva, but all about opinions. I just think we need much better. And what a crap game, championship is not all that apart from the odd team so can see how he got so many goals.
Doesn't exactly work that hard either so at least should have a good extra time against more knackered players

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent pace, strong, runs the channels and can play a bit. Think he’d link well with Fabio and/or Cunha. To have 30 goal contributions in this Coventry side is, quite frankly, miraculous.

Would love us to go big on a striker but I think I’d be ok with him, Fabio, Cunha and Sasa as our options next year.

Do you think he offers anything we don’t already have? Isn’t this what Neto does already?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how much he'll go for if Cov **** this up? Are we talking 20m or more?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

God help us then , we ll be bottom 3 with those up front

Back
Top Bottom