Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Guess the grounds...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Definitely Motherwell. Boring fact time - the stand was supposed to extend the full length of the pitch, but had to be stopped about 20 yards short of the south end because a local resident successfully objected to a completed stand, as it would have restricted light to their garden and reduced the value of the property. By the time the property owner decided to sell, Motherwell didn't have the funds to complete the stand. The club instead bought the house and used it for their offices.

4. Starks Park, Kirkcaldy (Raith Rovers).

Two of the strangest, imbalanced grounds in Scotland.
Unbalanced Scottish crowds on the other hand..... lol

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2. - There's a moor made of turf, could it be Burnley, turf moor?
3. Looks like some Scottish 4th division club. A plastic bus shelter on some wasteland. Or is it Bolton's new ground? Would be appropriate for the level they are at. :D
i think 3, is Colchester new ground on the A12

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is No.3 Northampton?

I thought this too - I remember there was a big wasteland behind the stand opposite the one in front of the cinema, and a road to nowhere like the one in the picture.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Answers....
1. Motherwell
2. Burnley
3. Colchester
4. Raith Rovers
5. Norwich
6. NAC Breda
I've lived in 3 and 5, but only got Col U. That view is the desolate bit next to the A12 I think... I used to work at the old asylum Severalls on the other side of the ground and live near the station.

Motherwell have that one huge boxey end and it did cross my mind that it might be there? 2 I would never have guessed, Burnley is still filled with 2 up 2 downs and that picture doesn't really show that. Not a Scooby with the others.

Good game Macman, can you put another out / pinch another please?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't the drink. The statue, I believe, was in the grounds behind the home end (The Wakeman End) - where there used to be a school (The Wakeman School - now closed). Not sure who the statue is of.

View attachment 20785
Well done and thank you. The trees wouldn't have been there at the time, so it would have stood out more. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom