Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Guess the grounds...

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks tough! No idea, but here's a stab in the dark

1. Burnley
2. Leeds united.
3.millwall
4. Bristol rovers
5. Crewe
6. Villareal

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2. - There's a moor made of turf, could it be Burnley, turf moor?
3. Looks like some Scottish 4th division club. A plastic bus shelter on some wasteland. Or is it Bolton's new ground? Would be appropriate for the level they are at. :D

R

reanswolf

1) Motherwell
2) Burnley
3) Somewhere desolate in Scotland
4) Cardiff
5) Crewe
6) Dortmund

Wild guesses.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
4. Goodison park ?
5. London road
6. Villa?

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Motherwell
2) Burnley
3) Somewhere desolate in Scotland
4) Cardiff
5) Crewe
6) Dortmund

Wild guesses.
Some good guesses reans!.... You have 2 guesses correct.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. looks really familiar. but I can't place it, not much idea on the others

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1. Gresty Road

And that's all I can get lol

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Shrewsbury Town's old stadium about 40 years ago and I have always thought there was a statue on the terraces. It was a night match and i had been drinking all day, so I might be mistaken, or could be I am mistaking it with another ground.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Shrewsbury Town's old stadium about 40 years ago and I have always thought there was a statue on the terraces. It was a night match and i had been drinking all day, so I might be mistaken, or could be I am mistaking it with another ground.
You're confusing Shrewsbury with Valencia. Easy mistake to make.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't the drink. The statue, I believe, was in the grounds behind the home end (The Wakeman End) - where there used to be a school (The Wakeman School - now closed). Not sure who the statue is of.

shrewsbury-town-football-club-gay-meadow-CFR909.jpg

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It wasn't the drink. The statue, I believe, was in the grounds behind the home end (The Wakeman End) - where there used to be a school (The Wakeman School - now closed). Not sure who the statue is of.

View attachment 20785
Being a sad git I had to look it up. He's the Second Viscount Hill (some military distinction and then Tory MP). Nephew of the first Viscount who became commander in Chief of the British Army following his distinguished service in the Napoleonic Wars.

Well you did ask!

Whole new thread on "statues you can see from football grounds" starting imminently!

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
1. Definitely Motherwell. Boring fact time - the stand was supposed to extend the full length of the pitch, but had to be stopped about 20 yards short of the south end because a local resident successfully objected to a completed stand, as it would have restricted light to their garden and reduced the value of the property. By the time the property owner decided to sell, Motherwell didn't have the funds to complete the stand. The club instead bought the house and used it for their offices.

4. Starks Park, Kirkcaldy (Raith Rovers).

Two of the strangest, imbalanced grounds in Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom