Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ground-share...

S

ShropshireLad

OK, at the expense of being considered random (again) let’s have a poll to canvas our opinions should we have to move to a temporary stadium. :)
I haven’t included Walsall (11,300), Shrewsbury (10,000), and Port Vale (19,000) because they don’t hold enough. If I’ve missed a location out then mention it in a post.
Alexander Stadium (currently 12,000 but can expand to 40,000) would take a few years to develop so the Mol development would be a couple of years down the line after that - however, I’ve changed my mind about adding it to give you that choice whereas it wasn’t originally included as an option.
You can change your vote but you only have one choice and you can see other choices before voting.

I know the vast majority understand/understood but for those who didn’t understand the question I should have written:
Which team's stadium would you prefer to move to?

Last edited by a moderator:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Out of those options it's probably Villa. But rather **** razor blades tbh.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you do flow charts for the club by any chance lol!

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I'd help out Walsall the smaller team, by adding both temp and a permanent grand stand, in return for keeping all ticket revenue, it would also give wolves somewhere to play the u23s and ladies, pitch sharing with a team in the two top divisions would become problematic and come at a cost, as they would hold the upper hond

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Haven’t they said we won’t relocate?
They have, yeah.

I wonder why though, it seems to be staring us in the face. Could sell extra season tickets to help cover the cost of using it, and any 'embarrassment' for calling Villa Park home will surely be worth it to move into a brand spanking new, finished stadium.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always Villa Park on Football Manager.

The only real option surely?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There would be some aggro at those grounds suggested lol!

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Ground sharing would be a big no for me even if it does save money and time in the long run. The fact that a 40,000 all seater stadium is being built nearby with new transport links and will be available for the beginning of the 22/23 season is an interesting option to consider.

The club could start from scratch, slightly change the position of the stadium removing any problems that will enevitably pop up trying to fit a 50,000 stadium on the current footprint.

Capacity would be increased not reduced during the build, the cost of hiring the stadium for 2 years wouldn't be huge as UK athletics would bite our hands off for any extra income.

The only way they're would be a problem doing this as far as I can see is West Midlands police having 2 games in Birmingham on the same day.

Its not an ideal solution and I'd prefer to stay at molineux while the work is done but it's certainly something to be considered.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So attendances don't drop in a long-drawn out segmented rebuild. Rather groundshare for two seasons and just do it all in one go.

Morgan showed the way with the North Bank rebuild. Demolish old stand (Steve Bull) after last match of season, build the lower tier, put the seats in and make safe for matchdays then build around it on non matchdays. Ponchos on rainy days!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
We could share with Blooze and Coventry, that’s be real fun especially if we drew them in the Cup as well!

S

ShropshireLad

Ground sharing would be a big no for me even if it does save money and time in the long run. The fact that a 40,000 all seater stadium is being built nearby with new transport links and will be available for the beginning of the 22/23 season is an interesting option to consider.

The club could start from scratch, slightly change the position of the stadium removing any problems that will enevitably pop up trying to fit a 50,000 stadium on the current footprint.

Capacity would be increased not reduced during the build, the cost of hiring the stadium for 2 years wouldn't be huge as UK athletics would bite our hands off for any extra income.

The only way they're would be a problem doing this as far as I can see is West Midlands police having 2 games in Birmingham on the same day.

Its not an ideal solution and I'd prefer to stay at molineux while the work is done but it's certainly something to be considered.
We could alternate playing on Sundays.
Remember, Villa are supposed to be playing Champions League football next season so there won’t be a problem for them having Sunday games. :)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've gone Alexander stadium when it holds 40k steats. Three year lease to completely remake the mol

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Well you'd think they'd have that for the 40k attention they've planning for?
Probably but the stadium may expect Park and Ride usage from the City or conventional public transport as opposed to the majority of the Wolves fans having to drive there .

S

ShropshireLad

Haven’t they said we won’t relocate?

They have, yeah.

I wonder why though, it seems to be staring us in the face. Could sell extra season tickets to help cover the cost of using it, and any 'embarrassment' for calling Villa Park home will surely be worth it to move into a brand spanking new, finished stadium.
By relocating I understand them to committing to our current site. It doesn’t mean that they rule ground-sharing out.

S

ShropshireLad

Voted for MK Dons because it's a stupid poll.
It’s a poll asking posters to express an opinion about something which could be a possibility. Sixty seven have voted so far this afternoon and I don’t regard them as being stupid for doing so. I guess it’s all down to opinions.

S

ShropshireLad

They have, yeah.

Supposing we attracted an extra 5,000 in attendance by going to Villa Park which would translate into an approx £120,000/match extra revenue then that would surely be enough to pay the rent for a ground share plus a bit more to pay towards the new build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although no one wants it,its probably the most cost effective and quickest way to do it
The filling in the corners lark smacks of Moxey style more than Fosun,who im sure would rather have a total new stadium,but fear a fan backlash if we move even temporarily

beppe7619

Reaction score
I think villa park would be the one with the size of the stadium if we had to move

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Hate the idea of having to use someone else's stadium while molineux was being developed. But if I had to pick one it would have to be villa Park. Logistically it would be the most convenient for the majority of wolves fans. Albion is a complete no no. There is no way I would want to visit that dump for 19 games a season. I feel physically sick just thinking about it. Really villa the only option. Mk dons big enough but it's an hour away on the train it's possible but there would have to be subsidised rail travel or free coach travel to make that option a goer.

Back
Top Bottom