Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Greasy Jack - would you or not??

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way the old gold shirt is going on that greasy back.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Would never come here
2. We would never pay the fees that are being touted - his stats this season / fact that he's English has really pushed him into silly figures
3. He is absolutely not a Nuno player at all

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think he's matured over the last couple of years. I'd take him. He'd flourish in our team IMO. But never in a million years would he come

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope.

think McGinn would be better in our system if we had to buy one Villa player to save them from bankruptcy :D

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would fail the character test to play under Nuno.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's like a poor man's Maddison, but that's not such a bad thing. Doubt we'll play Nunoball forever, and the deep lying CMs in Moutinho who also won't be playing regularly in 2 seasons. Personally i like midfielders who can pass it round like Neves but also able to pass and run in tight spaces & shoot which this kid can do. Fact he plays for the Vile is a different matter.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanted him to fail badly but no denying he's a quality player.

Villa would essentially be down without him.

A player not even a mother could love mind so I remain in two minds whether I could watch him in old gold.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a lot to pay for someone with vertigo. I don't see him making the lung bursting runs to get back and win the ball back like Mourinho and Neves do.It's a no from me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way could I see him in a Wolves shirt.

Greasy Jack would not get on with our brilliant Portugeezers and superb Mexicana!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not with that accent. Shallow - moi!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok there is no doubt he is a talent.
By far the best in a crap veela team.
But which of the teams above Wolves does he go straight in and start for.
And $64,000,000 question, would you have in our team.
I would, if he could be taught to stop diving and falling over, I think he would improve the team with skill, speed and forward movement.
Just saying ay I
It’s a No from me

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
On pure footballing ability, absolutely. He’s exactly the type of midfielder that we’re missing.

As much as I dislike his penchant for diving, I do have a grudging respect for the way he handled that incident at Blues last year. If a Wolves player did that at Albion, they’d be a legend here forever.

Will never, ever happen in a million years though.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Absolutely walks into our team and would make us a much better outfit.

Anyone who says no either knows nothing about football or are extremely biased and therefore blinkered to players currently in our team.

Horrid little **** though
Ah - the old "if you don't agree with me you're stupid" argument!

Who does he automatically replace in our first XI if everyone is fit? Jota? Traore? Moutinho? Is he better than those players in the system we play?

He's a good player, and like others have said, I so wanted him to fail due to rivalry, but I can't see how he can "walk into our team". His playing style just doesn't suit our formation. I'm not saying we don't need someone different who can break down defences, but number 10's just aren't Nuno's bag.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn't be playing 3 attacking midfielders and still finish 7th, and he's too good for the bench. Maybe ahead of Jota?

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ah - the old "if you don't agree with me you're stupid" argument!

Who does he automatically replace in our first XI if everyone is fit? Jota? Traore? Moutinho? Is he better than those players in the system we play?

He's a good player, and like others have said, I so wanted him to fail due to rivalry, but I can't see how he can "walk into our team". His playing style just doesn't suit our formation. I'm not saying we don't need someone different who can break down defences, but number 10's just aren't Nuno's bag.

Currently better then Jota, atm id also find room for him over Neves

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Currently better then Jota, atm id also find room for him over Neves

See, you can't find room. Grealish can't play that DM role, he just wouldn't be defensive enough, thus opening gaps in our midfield. He is defintely not a wide player, so replacing Jota isn't an option either.
To play Grealish we would have to change our formation, probably ditch the wing backs and that's just something Nuno isn't going to do.
There are plenty of good players out there some of which are better than the players we've got, but if they don't suit our system, or our club (both no's for Grealish) then it doesn't matter how good they are, we shouldn't and won't sign them

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people questioning his ability to run back and bust a gut need to view how **** this Villa side is. At times Grealish was literally attack and defense, surrounded by clowns and Mings. Few times against City he was literally having to punt balls forward for himself to chase.

In a better side with quality player to actually help him do what he is good at, the lad will flourish.

Character wise, I think he gets a raw deal from other Midlands clubs because he is from Birmingham, and a Villa fan to boot, I find the tendency is to be more hard on our own, even though some of the things he did were just a young lad being a young lad. Given that he has the respect of the other members of the Villa squad as captain and has shown a fair bit of maturity with the Blues incident, I don't think his character would be any question for Nuno, if anything, his desire would be something I think Nuno would relish as we've shown to like a players with that drive (ala Jota).

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, falls over in a light breeze, and there is much better value abroad if Wolves are actually interested in adding to our tiny squad

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he played for Norwich or Bournemouth I’d imagine pretty much everyone would want him.
Can easily play on the left of a front 3 and on this seasons form would be ahead of Jota and Neto.
Mute point anyway because it won’t happen.
I understand the posts re Nunos shape but is there an argument that going into the future we need to be less rigid? Last 3 (Watford, Man U, Newcastle) we’ve lacked imagination and created very little.
I love Coady but at times his role is redundant, if we had the squad to do it I think 4231 would suit Neves and Moutinho personally.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a chance. Wouldn't fit our system attitude / workrate wise or positionally. Undoubtedly talented but will never succeed at any top half club. He will be in the Championship next year.

M

Mr Wolf

Some on here are clearly blinkered, he works his *******s off up & down the pitch. Can someone show his stats? Look no further than Docs tracking back Saturday for their goal if you want to see someone who doesn’t.

Where does he fit you say, easy. Plays ahead of Neves & Mouthino behind 2 forwards drifting where we need or he plays on the left of the 3 again getting on the ball where he can.

Another option like we needed on Saturday, you take off Neves or Mouthino & play him centrally where at least he can get hold of the ball up the pitch & do something. Thats an option we don’t have right now.

R

reanswolf

Jack Squealish is undoubtedly a very good player.
As others have said, he would'nt come here and he is ruining his career staying at a very limited Villa team.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That headline gave me nightmares! Imagine waking up next to Greasie...

With regards to him as a player he is actually pretty decent but, for me at least, the negatives currently outweigh the positives. Anyway he will probably pitch up at Old Trafford or one of the other freak shows...

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know anyone who knows him so can’t comment on his personality, so really not fair to judge him I guess. Genuine talent who might be able to secure a move to a top 4 club and as such no chance of coming here. Wherever he goes suggest someone gets him to ditch his continual attempts to con the ref, which is beyond irritating.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captain of a premier league team at 21 and decent footballer. Look past the silly haircut and socks and falling over and he is actually quite good. Never going to come here. May never make it . Depends if he can play in a better team than villa. Early days still

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
24 I think, and perhaps he has already made it, albeit not at the very highest level. Don’t ever see him for example as an England regular

Back
Top Bottom