Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why I wanted Benteke. I wouldn't play it every game. But 15mins to go against a team sitting back. Raul and Benteke upfront, Adama and Neto outwide.

Makes sense. Anything is better than nothing. Any number of experienced strikers derided on here would have been better than what we actually have on the bench. While you wouldn't want Benteke as your main striker, even when Raul is fit, he would be a decent option from the bench. Long term, it will change, but right now, I'd bet on Benteke actually scoring/setting something up, ahead of Fabio (or Campbell) every time.

And it's not him specifically. There must be a few other strikers around Europe at Benteke's level that we could get in, maybe on a season loan. Thats what our scouts are paid to find. If we don't get one in, sends a message they don't care and it's all about player trading rather than league position.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between the lines. Between the lines. Between the lines.
Your beginning to sound like Bruno.

We didn't score yesterday by breaking the lines.
We scored with a diagonal to neto, who put an early cross in. Hwang some got a head on it. Podence nearly put it over.
All the between the lines **** created **** all.
Last year if Neto had played that cross, Hwang would have headed it across the box to nobody.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No other team have got traditional wingers like ours. And the fact is we ain't going to get anywhere just aping a team. Embrace the differences.
And really playing 4-2-3-1 with podence as one of the 3 is not much different to playing 4-4-2 with Raul as one of the front 2. Raul gives a lot more to our midfield than Podence.

Or perhaps I should rephrase it so it sounds more au fait with the football snobs. We can play 4-2-3-1 with Raul playing as a number 10. Maybe play 4 6 0 with Hwang as a false 9 and Raul as a 10.
We tried that under Mick. We got hammered rather too regularly. No thanks.

Unless you wanting us to play 1980s football is preparation for the Chump season which would follow?

R1ch

Reaction score
For anyone interested here's some stats on Guedes and some of our players based on last season

Stats.png

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone interested here's some stats on Guedes and some of our players based on last season

View attachment 29286
No surprises at Podence's lack of efficiency! I know he scored yesterday (a bit of a scuffed attempt but they all count), but I do wonder if Lage would prefer MGW centrally with Neto and Guedes on the right/left. I also think defensively MGW can put himself about a bit more than Podence, if he needs to drop in and support the two midfielders if we're in a 4-2-3-1 and not a 4-3-3.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure i understand this move that much tbh. He is a good player but not really what we are looking for at all and has a Mendes bailing us out feel to it to me.

If it is him for Neto then that would be horrible business yet again.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We tried that under Mick. We got hammered rather too regularly. No thanks.
We also got hammered playing 4-3-3 regularly with Mick.
We have much better players than we did under Mick.
Interestingly we are getting hammered rather a lot now too, with much better players. And never looking like scoring.

R1ch

Reaction score
Not sure i understand this move that much tbh. He is a good player but not really what we are looking for at all and has a Mendes bailing us out feel to it to me.

If it is him for Neto then that would be horrible business yet again.
Agree with this we're desperate for a center mid and a striker, lot of money for another utility forward imo

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year if Neto had played that cross, Hwang would have headed it across the box to nobody.
I dunno. There was a few times Raul had the opportunity to do the same thing and didn't get the right connection. Then again neither did Hwang or podence but they all count!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno. There was a few times Raul had the opportunity to do the same thing and didn't get the right connection. Then again neither did Hwang or podence but they all count!
I’m just saying that last year we rarely had even one man in the box, now we have 3-4 on every counter, just feel we need to be more clinical. Having another striker/Jimenez as well as Guedes should help to address that issue greatly, hopefully for the Fulham game.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Between the lines. Between the lines. Between the lines.
Your beginning to sound like Bruno.

We didn't score yesterday by breaking the lines.
We scored with a diagonal to neto, who put an early cross in. Hwang some got a head on it. Podence nearly put it over.
All the between the lines **** created **** all.
You're clueless, Klopp changed his style because he noticed the way the game is going.

Mick Mccarthy got a job at the minute? Guessing you'd fancy him.

Dendoncker miss was through the lines play.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you give me a good coach in modern game who does this.
I wouldn’t claim to be close enough to any coach’s style to say. I’m no tactics expert, not football expert.

However, I do maintain football is a simple game, over complicated by people who should know better.

I believe that is paraphrased from a certain Bill Shankly

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's the Belotti rumour from or is it just pure wishing?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I wouldn’t claim to be close enough to any coach’s style to say. I’m no tactics expert, not football expert.

However, I do maintain football is a simple game, over complicated by people who should know better.

I believe that is paraphrased from a certain Bill Shankly
Yeah, it was more simple now. Now it is far more complicated as the game as evolved

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

favorite-person.gif

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love it, but (and I know it's only a rumour and any numbers can be inaccurate), €70k net a week seems beyond where we'd go
Possibly not, it’s about £110k a week gross.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

could swear wolves are actually taking the **** at this point. 100% of wolves fans know we need at least 1 CM and a striker and they pull another one of these portugese players out the bag that float around the box. all set up so jiminez whos ready for the knacka yard but gets the mexicans watching and hwangy get that spot up top

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Excited to watch the lad play.. Trincao came with a lot of doubters, but most of what I’ve read about Guedes from Valencia fans, is that we’ve got a baller.
Think it seems like Guedes is the player we wanted Trincao to be.

Back
Top Bottom