Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impossible to prove but from what I’ve heard I think Davis may have been telling porkies to protect Guedes in that game. As I said he was almost as lazy and poor in many other matches, just the Chelsea one stands out because of the sheer ineptitude of his performance and getting hooked at half time. Even if he was ill it still isn’t a particularly good excuse for not trying, if he was digging deep as others were and just not getting there we’d all say fair enough good try, but he didn’t try and that’s why I can’t accept an excuse.

On the language thing, I’m not knocking him for not learning it in 4 months, I’m saying other players recognise learning English will be useful in their careers as Jota and clearly Cunha did. Guedes despite being a top talent clearly had no appetite to come to England and hadn’t made any preparations for it. So when it happened he’s been caught in a foreign country, unable to properly communicate and is probably miserable. Going home is good for him but if he isn’t addressing some of the issues about why his move to Wolves has failed so far and why arguably his move to PSG failed too then he’s an idiot

He 100% had been ill before the Chelsea game.

I dont disagree with what you are saying about learning the language, but at the same time, if he never really had the desire years agon to play in England and he finds it difficult i can see why he didnt bother. Everyone is different.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lopetegui: Guedes wanted to quit Wolves​

Julen Lopetegui has admitted unhappy Goncalo Guedes wanted to quit Wolves.
The attacker has joined Benfica on loan for the rest of the season, just 165 days after moving to Molineux.
The 26-year-old made a £27.5m switch from Valencia in the summer but Lopetegui has let him leave.
He scored twice in 18 appearances for Wolves and has now made a return to Benfica, where he started his career.
"He wants to go out and we wish him all the best, he's a very good player. I think he's going to be happier there and we wish him all the best," said Lopetegui, ahead of Sunday's trip to Manchester City.
"I prefer to talk about the players who are here. Goncalo wanted to leave and you can't have players here who aren't happy.
"We have to wish him all the best because I think he's a good player and a very good guy."

Screams guedes will be sold in the summer

As long as Wolves get back what they paid for him , then no loss, except for the fact we've wasted 6mths on Guedes when we could have bought someone else.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him and Trincao. Isolated because of non-existent English, and both softies. The club's lack of due diligence is shocking. Ten of millions down the toilet

The Wolves team and coaching structure was made up by a majority of their countrymen , the fact they couldnt speak english shouldnt have been a huge factor.
More to do with the environment/ lifestyle and their personalities and playing style ( lightweight winger/ forwards) that we seem to have an over abundance of.

Last edited:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mike Tomlin, the Head Coach of the NFL team the Pittsburgh Steelers has a number of very good sayings and perhaps this one fits our current situation and describes the Guedes situation.

" I want volunteers not hostages "
Mr winning record knows a thing or two.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Body language is everything. Thinking of all the youngsters that are trying to make it in the game, you'd think he'd be grateful and happy he has made the level he has. In that position most would be happy playing the magical game, and put location and all that goes with it to one side for 90 mins. He could have said "No" to coming in the first place. That's what a real pro would have done. So **** him.

Stingray II

Reaction score
All the evidence suggests that Wolves is a very welcoming place for any nationality, but a small minority of people don't adapt to foreignness. They get a severe case of homesickness. It could be culture; it could be family. I met one or two while backpacking. Maybe it's just that. I'm confident he's been treated well, but if he's unhappy then he can't be here All that remains is to mitigate the cash loss.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can get back near what we paid for him this summer it will help us out FFP wise, might not have to sell someone else to balance books if he and Neves inevitably moves on

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Wolves team and coaching structure was made up by a majority of their countrymen , the fact they couldnt speak english shouldnt have been a huge factor.
More to do with the environment/ lifestyle and their personalities and playing style ( lightweight winger/ forwards) that we seem to have an over abundance of.
Language isn't just a question of whether you can communicate with team mates and people at the club. If you can't speak the language of the country you are living in, it can be very limiting.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him and Trincao. Isolated because of non-existent English, and both softies. The club's lack of due diligence is shocking. Ten of millions down the toilet
They both speak English fine. Think they were both coming here expecting to be regulars and couldn't get it because we have 1 billion and on of the park forwards and insist on playing 3 in the middle.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
They ain't exercised the option yet lol... Seriously, hence my comment about pots etc.... They got anyone we might want to do a swap for?
Everton? Nah. Unless Pickford is the kinda keeper Julen prefers over Sa.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Body language is everything. Thinking of all the youngsters that are trying to make it in the game, you'd think he'd be grateful and happy he has made the level he has. In that position most would be happy playing the magical game, and put location and all that goes with it to one side for 90 mins. He could have said "No" to coming in the first place. That's what a real pro would have done. So **** him.

Body language is nothing, unless you'd have turned down Berbatov or Ibrahimovic.

If Guedes had been scoring and assisting, no-one would have cared. As it is, we have people complaining about how he shrugged or doesn't look that outgoing, when it's meaningless.

When players are playing well, they celebrate, interact with fans and look excited. When players are playing badly or not contributing, they don't want to do that. It's mostly effect and cause, not cause and effect.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Scores for benfica 3-0
Nice, I hope he kills it over there. Keeps his value intact.

I watched the Real Madrid v Villarreal game the other day and it’s noticeable how less intense and physical the game was than the PL. Attackers have much more time on n the ball to “express themselves” and fouls are called for much less contact. No wonder players like Guedes and Trincao look better over there…

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice, I hope he kills it over there. Keeps his value intact.

I watched the Real Madrid v Villarreal game the other day and it’s noticeable how less intense and physical the game was than the PL. Attackers have much more time on n the ball to “express themselves” and fouls are called for much less contact. No wonder players like Guedes and Trincao look better over there…

Totally agree. The better he does the happier we should be. We want the highest value we can when he’s sold in the summer.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Don’t really care either way tbh. A footballer’s career is short, too short to be unhappy and not able to give your best for your club as a result. Don’t really feel any resentment towards him tbh. Some players settle, some don’t. Although it would be better for us if he is successful in terms or recouping some kind of fee.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** defending
And that's the difference. He can probably shine again there, when you've got an age to cut inside and still have loads of space to get a shot away. He'd have been clattered in the prem before reaching the box, then at least 2 actually blocking the shot a lot earlier than the half-***** efforts there.
We take it for granted, and moan whenever a game in the alleged 'best league in the world' is short on quality...but the pace, intensity and physicality is far higher than any other league.

Players either get used to it and eventually shine (like Neves), or they wilt and either move on elsewhere or die a slow career death.
But hey the money's good.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes has to be the most miserable, ****ed off ****er ever to put on a Wolves shirt. I've rarely been so pleased to see a player leave.
Never saw him smile, laugh or look remotely happy in the gold and black.

His reaction when he scored against Liverpool in the Cup said it all for me. Didn’t celebrate at all.

Makes you wonder why on earth he signed. He was with us five months. Just five months!

What happened to our due diligence?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His reaction when he scored against Liverpool in the Cup said it all for me. Didn’t celebrate at all.

Makes you wonder why on earth he signed. He was with us five months. Just five months!

Watching all these players arriving vids on the OS and thinking about the due diligence you wonder how with so many 'professionals' involved in the process how players like Guedes, and to a lesser extent Hwang, Vitinha and Sasa got through the door?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Watching all these players arriving vids on the OS and thinking about the due diligence you wonder how with so many 'professionals' involved in the process how players like Guedes, and to a lesser extent Hwang, Vitinha and Sasa got through the door?
Hwang came on loan and earned a permanent deal.
Vitinha came on loan and didn't (suspect he didn't want one) but now plays at PSG.
Sasa might be down to Chakraverty!

JadeWolf

Reaction score

He probably didn’t celebrate against Liverpool because the dopey berk in goal passed him the ball 6 yards out for a tap in.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably didn’t celebrate against Liverpool because the dopey berk in goal passed him the ball 6 yards out for a tap in.
It should still have cheered up the miserable git who scored the goal!

Back
Top Bottom