Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Golden boy 2020

S

ShropshireLad

neto will be a superstar. he models himself on ronaldo and it shows. MGW will sadly just be a footnote in our history
Perhaps, and he has disappointed us all, but he is the only player to have scored in our two warm-up games - a last minute equaliser as well which probably involved added pressure. Will he be a surprise package in the run-in, determined to demonstrate his abilities in order to put his lockdown indiscretions to bed?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased to see Pedro on the list this boy is a star in the making if ever i saw one, he has made tremendous strides in the short time he has been here, hopefully much more to come..

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Talking about Neto who has really started to develop and progress now but do people think Jordao will also make it here or will he turn out to be a makeweight and move on when fit ?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Talking about Neto who has really started to develop and progress now but do people think Jordao will also make it here or will he turn out to be a makeweight and move on when fit ?
Another one that springs to mind is Shabani and do people think he is likely to push on here too ?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that Neto was the lesser of the two when they arrived.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we may see Jordao as a regular on the increased subs bench for the rest of the season. This should give us the opportunity to see how good he is when Nuno will no doubt give him an opportunity.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps, and he has disappointed us all, but he is the only player to have scored in our two warm-up games - a last minute equaliser as well which probably involved added pressure. Will he be a surprise package in the run-in, determined to demonstrate his abilities in order to put his lockdown indiscretions to bed?
You would have to hope so, it would make a lot of us Stafford folk happy

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is going to have to fight hard in training and in the limited opportunities he gets game wise to make an impact now. For various reasons he hasnt kicked on and has gone down the pecking order but im sure if he shows the desire and ethic required he can force his way back in.

North Bank

Reaction score
Gibbs White has a lot of ability and potential, it's whether his off field antics hold him back and if he puts the work in in training to earn his way back into the match day squad.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another one that springs to mind is Shabani and do people think he is likely to push on here too ?

He was unlucky to do his acl after only 10mins in the Reading game. He looked lively but hard to tell in those few minutes how he will do.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was under the impression that Neto was the lesser of the two when they arrived.
[/QUOTE]

You definitely have that the wrong way around. It was always Neto that was the player that we apparently wanted. Jordao played at a higher Portuguese youth level but that was only due to him being older. Remember a Portuguese journalist talking about them. Said Neto is a Jota/Neves level of talant whole Jordao is good but mignt never really get a chance at Wolves to be a first team player and will probably be sold in the future.

Z

ZoeWolf

Gibbs White has a lot of ability and potential, it's whether his off field antics hold him back and if he puts the work in in training to earn his way back into the match day squad.

That doesn't seem to be the opinion where I sit, he quite rightly gets hammered whenever he plays as basically he's not very good.
I have seen every home match he's played in and I would say he's had about 30 mins in total where he looked like someone with talent.

North Bank

Reaction score
That doesn't seem to be the opinion where I sit, he quite rightly gets hammered whenever he plays as basically he's not very good.
I have seen every home match he's played in and I would say he's had about 30 mins in total where he looked like someone with talent.

He's not consistent but some of his cameo appearances last season showed he has something about him. Think it was the Arsenal away game in particular.

Which is why I think if he puts 100% into everything he does, gets his head down and works hard under Nuno and the coaches, he can become a decent player. If not, he'll get loaned out, eventually sold on and 10 years down the line we'll barely remember him as that youngster who went to a party during lockdown.

Reaction score
He's not consistent but some of his cameo appearances last season showed he has something about him. Think it was the Arsenal away game in particular.

Which is why I think if he puts 100% into everything he does, gets his head down and works hard under Nuno and the coaches, he can become a decent player. If not, he'll get loaned out, eventually sold on and 10 years down the line we'll barely remember him as that youngster who went to a party during lockdown.

It has not helped that Wolves have established themselves in the top half of the league rather than starting as relegation battlers. MGW would have more opportunities with a team down at the bottom in which he would not have to compete with the likes of Jota and Traore. If the Fosun machine keeps flourishing, he will be deemed not good enough very soon unfortunately.

How's Zele Ismail getting on these days?

Reaction score
MGW is going to have to fight hard in training and in the limited opportunities he gets game wise to make an impact now. For various reasons he hasnt kicked on and has gone down the pecking order but im sure if he shows the desire and ethic required he can force his way back in.
I can't imagine the lockdown controversy will leave Nuno wanting to give him more opportunities. It's clear this Wolves set up values attitude very highly, and he's leaving little to be desired, alongside his lacklustre performances ever since he broke through (with the exception of the home win vs Chelsea).

North Bank

Reaction score
It has not helped that Wolves have established themselves in the top half of the league rather than starting as relegation battlers. MGW would have more opportunities with a team down at the bottom in which he would not have to compete with the likes of Jota and Traore. If the Fosun machine keeps flourishing, he will be deemed not good enough very soon unfortunately.

How's Zele Ismail getting on these days?

Exactly, I said he could become a decent player. That doesn't mean he'll be playing for us in Europe, he could do a job a lot of other teams.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say he’s not very good. I think he’s shown flashes of what he can do, but at times, I think he tries too hard and makes bad decisions. He tries the more difficult pass when often a simple one would do.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say he’s not very good. I think he’s shown flashes of what he can do, but at times, I think he tries too hard and makes bad decisions. He tries the more difficult pass when often a simple one would do.

Agree with this. I think he needs to be somewhere where he can be pretty much guaranteed a first team place for a good run, then his talent can shine, if he's really up to it. Perhaps one of the decent footballing championship sides like Brentford or Bristol City would create the opportunity for him to develop to the next (i.e. very top) level. He showed so much potential when he was 16 and 17, you'd like to think there is a genuine top level footballer in there.

Back
Top Bottom