Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goals - lack of striker or not enough quality chances

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we lack confidence in the final third; players don’t seem to like to commit themselves. We need to attack with more pace and develop understanding between the players so that they can anticipate each other’s movements. The players are talented enough and you can guarantee that they would perform better if they moved to other clubs. So it’s largely a coaching issue for me.
We need another striker as well though.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Not so sure about that

View attachment 35871
There is one of the problems with that map right there, we simply haven't been getting players into the box enough to make the most of those chances.

Strangely, when we started to, we also started to score goals, but that is not just 'the problem'

Everyone is looking for a silver bullet to fix 'the problem' but its made up of lots of things, change creation, lack of a decent CF, lack of partnerships and understanding across the pitch, too much space from the frontmen, etc etc.

I'm hoping JL will be able to start tackling this over time.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were already fairly low scoring before Raul got injured and from what I recall we were very heavily reliant on his involvement for us scoring (I believe it was statistically noted that we were more reliant on him than any other team in the league relied on any other single player). Then of course the subsequent events exposed this even more.

I'd also throw in by then we'd sold Jota & Docherty who were also involved in a lot of our goals.

Back
Top Bottom