Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goal music

Do you think we should play goal music?

• Yes

Votes: 70 24.8%
  • No

Votes: 205 72.7%
  • Yes but I’m a child

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a Mexican commentator screaming gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!! would do for me.

Bilbrook Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It added to the Atmosphere today at least, can’t ever remember it being that quiet for a Premier League win.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in two minds about this. Goal music is pure ****, end of. But then again, it's the hilariously ****e Espanyol goal music, played ironically and enjoyed ironically. It tickled me today; especially seeing the South Bank raving to it.

I can't believe I'm saying this but mine's a cautious yes. It's well saft, it's embarrassing, but I find myself quite liking it!

P.S. South Bank you had a bit of a Marcal today. I know people will say they couldn't hear us up in the Steve Bull wing but your support was dire. I love the South Bank, I'd like to be back in there, and it's still one of the best stands in English football, but for all the 16 year old wannabe hooligans / tools near the away fans: get off ya phones, quit trying to look hard because you're embarrassing us, and try getting involved.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't massively care. Doesn't exactly interrupt my celebration

A goal in the 1st half, not another draw with Newcastle, 2 successive wins on the bounce & still there's things people have to moan about.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s ****ing awful. They talk about building a brand well that is brand Norwich or Reading. I don’t give a **** if they played it in some Europa game I never want to hear it at molineux ever again. Would Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton etc ever inflict this ****e in their supporters? Would they ****! We don’t need it, we’ve never needed it and it is the most ‘Moxey’ thing I’ve ever heard.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fact that it is divisive suggests it shouldn’t be played. Ever.

Us as a group need to take a long hard look at ourselves though. We’ve embraced this ****e.

We’ve done Mexican waves. ‘Left side left side start the wave.’ **** off. I mean, what is wrong with us?! Do we not have a sense of pride? We can be the most visceral, orrible crowd in the premier league but we’ll dance along to **** like this?!

And why the **** did they play erasure after the match?! No connection with us at all.

Identity Wolves. ****ing identity.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to admit I cannot stand it, however, it's one saving grace today was that it drowned out that that absolutely appalling chant when Hwang scored..........now that was embarrassing.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Must admit I never heard it what was it?? Was too busy screaming n jumping up n down:)

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s ****ing awful. They talk about building a brand well that is brand Norwich or Reading. I don’t give a **** if they played it in some Europa game I never want to hear it at molineux ever again. Would Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton etc ever inflict this ****e in their supporters? Would they ****! We don’t need it, we’ve never needed it and it is the most ‘Moxey’ thing I’ve ever heard.
The fact that it is divisive suggests it shouldn’t be played. Ever.

Us as a group need to take a long hard look at ourselves though. We’ve embraced this ****e.

We’ve done Mexican waves. ‘Left side left side start the wave.’ **** off. I mean, what is wrong with us?! Do we not have a sense of pride? We can be the most visceral, orrible crowd in the premier league but we’ll dance along to **** like this?!

And why the **** did they play erasure after the match?! No connection with us at all.

Identity Wolves. ****ing identity.

Think you need to relax a little bit. It really isn't that deep.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy to be Norwich/Reading-esque?

It's really not though is it. The fans have sung it before, it's a bit of fun. It's not harming anyone, its not harming "the brand".

Long as they don't play it if we score a consolation goal, I could really care less.

Lose games, let's moan. Win a game, let's find something to moan about anyway. Its goal music you're complaining about, take a step back & just think on that. You're complaining about goal music after we've picked up a win.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to admit I cannot stand it, however, it's one saving grace today was that it drowned out that that absolutely appalling chant when Hwang scored..........now that was embarrassing.

I can’t say I heard any appalling songs in the ground but there was a blonde kid and another guy trying to get a song about a Labrador going as we left through the subway after the match. Pretty embarrassing stuff, and highly offensive.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's really not though is it. The fans have sung it before, it's a bit of fun. It's not harming anyone, its not harming "the brand".

Long as they don't play it if we score a consolation goal, I could really care less.

Lose games, let's moan. Win a game, let's find something to moan about anyway. Its goal music you're complaining about, take a step back & just think on that. You're complaining about goal music after we've picked up a win.
Delighted with the win. Absolutely delighted. I’ve had a great day and I’m as positive as it comes when it comes down to following Wolves. Season ticket holder for 30-odd years and I’ve never known the football as good.

Goal music is so plastic though. Who else does it?
If it doesn’t bother you, fair enough. Does it add to anyone’s experience? Has anyone requested it? Moxeyism. I thought we’d moved on.

Most people on the poll don’t want it though. Why do something that antagonises your loyal support?

Hazza

Reaction score
Not being funny but from J9 the south bank embraced it and it looked amazing - limbs everywhere …. #Scenes

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the win. Absolutely delighted. I’ve had a great day and I’m as positive as it comes when it comes down to following Wolves. Season ticket holder for 30-odd years and I’ve never known the football as good.

Goal music is so plastic though. Who else does it?
If it doesn’t bother you, fair enough. Does it add to anyone’s experience? Has anyone requested it? Moxeyism. I thought we’d moved on.

Most people on the poll don’t want it though. Why do something that antagonises your loyal support?

Don't know who else does it but I highly doubt we're the only team to do so.

Does it add to my experience not necessarily but I can't speak for everyone. Also couldn't tell you if someone had requested it.

"Most people on the poll don't want it though. Why do something that antagonises your loyal support"

The forum isn't a total reflection (thank god) of our fan base. It clearly didn't antagonise a large majority of our support in the ground today or in the away games when we've scored.

If goal music antagonises you, and as baffling as I find that, there's no point continuing this conversation.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know who else does it but I highly doubt we're the only team to do so.

Does it add to my experience not necessarily but I can't speak for everyone. Also couldn't tell you if someone had requested it.

"Most people on the poll don't want it though. Why do something that antagonises your loyal support"

The forum isn't a total reflection (thank god) of our fan base. It clearly didn't antagonise a large majority of our support in the ground today or in the away games when we've scored.
No problem with fans spontaneously singing it but don’t ****ing conduct us.

We’re not the only team to do it. Norwich do it as well. I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom