Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Glen Aitkin

kentish wolf

Reaction score
my sister was married to Aitkins cousin .
He told me that he played for Wolves.
Does anybody remember him?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my sister was married to Aitkins cousin .
He told me that he played for Wolves.
Does anybody remember him?
An ex England youth international midfielder Glenn had played at left back as an amateur for Chelsea and Wolves and after unsuccessful trials with several clubs was on the verge of quitting the professional game before Gillingham signed him in December 1972. He starred in the Gills 1973-74 promotion campaign before joining the Southern League Dons on a free transfer in September 1974.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
By post #3 totally off-topic - impressive even for my fellow Mixers :D

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was at Wolves early 70's but never made a first team appearance

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
To be honest "played for Wolves" sounds more than a bit tenuous in this bloke's case.
I concede that you do have a point there Wicked ol' mate - 2 months playing for our Central League team in 1972 is all, but that's still 2 months playing for Wolves more than I suspect many on here ever have managed ;)

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I concede that you do have a point there Wicked ol' mate - 2 months playing for our Central League team in 1972 is all, but that's still 2 months playing for Wolves more than I suspect many on here ever have managed ;)

Totally agree mate.
Turning out for ANY Wolves team, would have made me proud, whatever grade or league.
And I was rubbish!
As a rugby wing threequarter, and cup winning, County sprinter and hurdles champion, I was fine, but at football I was meah!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Totally agree mate.
Turning out for ANY Wolves team, would have made me proud, whatever grade or league.
And I was rubbish!
As a rugby wing threequarter, and cup winning, County sprinter and hurdles champion, I was fine, but at football I was meah!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.
My bestest position was Left Back (in the dressing room)! :grinning:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree mate.
And I was rubbish!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

County sprinter and hurdles champion,
With a name like Elvis I suppose you would have to be trying to get away from all those girls chasing you. :cool: ;)

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Thanks lads and lasses, so he was at Wolves but not in the 1st team.
if I see Glen again I will correct him cos he did give the impression that he played with Dougan &Richards in the old gold shirt.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
if I see Glen again I will correct him cos he did give the impression that he played with Dougan &Richards in the old gold shirt.
Richardson ?:)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
You amended it :)

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He certainly never played with either.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Any possibility of one or both having played a reserve game coming back from injury?
According to worldfootball.net Dougan missed the opening First Team match at Newcastle, but both he & Richards played every other First Team match in August & September, by October Glen had gone to Gillingham, so its possible he played with the Doog, and maybe in a pre-season friendly, of which there were two in the Rous Cup (GAIS & Everton), a Watneys Cup Match (Bristol Rov) & two friendlys (Notts County & Rangers) but can't really see him playing in any of them.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to worldfootball.net Dougan missed the opening First Team match at Newcastle, but both he Richards played every other First Team match in August & September, by October Glen had gone to Gillingham, so its possible he played with the Doog, and maybe in a pre-season friendly, of which there were two in the Rous Cup (GAIS & Everton), a Watneys Cup Match (Bristol Rov) & two friendlys (Notts County & Rangers) but can't really see him playing in any of them.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom