Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Glad I don't live here any more

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cycle down it in Wombourne. Eventually to Kinver! $$$$ers

Where in the NW?

Last edited by a moderator:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess Marple, Stockport :D

Total animals I would take great pleasure kicking them into the canal.

I do exactly the same thing here. I'd go back everyday until I saw them then plough into them at 20mph

A

Apocalypse Now

I was pushed into a canal -devoid of water at the time - by a jogger years ago as I went to cycle past him. His wife/partner asked him to come back and help me out........second mistake he made that day as the 6 feet 5 inches cyclist who had cycled by 30 seconds earlier came back to see where his mate was.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was in my early teens I had this bike with what we called cow horns for handlebars. I was 3rd in line of 4 of us cycling down a towpath on the Staffs & Worcester. An old angler stood back from the towpath to let us all through but not far enough for my cow horns, which caught him slightly and the impact sent me and my bike off at an angle into the cut. My mate who was 4th in line said my feet were still going round on the pedals as the wheels hit the water. I went under and made two attempt to get out; I had to swim to where there were no nettles after getting stung from my first attempt. The angler fished by bike out and made a fire, over which we dried (and singed) my clothes, as I sat naked shivering next to the fire.

Does that mean towpath morality is not what it was or did this old guy just happen to run into some particularly screwed-up young lads?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was pushed into a canal -devoid of water at the time - by a jogger years ago as I went to cycle past him. His wife/partner asked him to come back and help me out........second mistake he made that day as the 6 feet 5 inches cyclist who had cycled by 30 seconds earlier came back to see where his mate was.

Hope this had a happy ending!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Please finish the story, Pengwern wants to know also.

V

vega recollection

coincidence?...while i was jogging once i lost my balance and accidentally pushed this cyclist into the canal,fortunately empty at the time.as i was helping the poor chap out i was viciously attacked from behind by this huge thug!.......
:D

W

WasStefan

coincidence?...while i was jogging once i lost my balance and accidentally pushed this cyclist into the canal,fortunately empty at the time.as i was helping the poor chap out i was viciously attacked from behind by this huge thug!.......

... Awkward :D

Dougal McGuire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does that mean towpath morality is not what it was or did this old guy just happen to run into some particularly screwed-up young lads?

I use the towpaths a fair bit to link up cross country routes, I never get any grief and folk are mostly pleasant so I guess they're generally safe.

Shame that they attract the odd idiot, particularly during the warmer months.

A

Apocalypse Now

Sounds like it was you then Vega:D

A

Apocalypse Now

I do remember cycling along the canal not far from Kinver past a cottage on the side. I saw what I believed to be a couple of black bags on the towpath covering most of it so I had to decide to jump them - but I wasn't very good at that - slow down and move cautiously round the obstacle, or just cycle straight over them. Went for option three, then at the last second decided to go for the safe option -just in time to see the four eyes of two little black dogs who were looking nervously as a 14stone mountain biker came thundering towards them.....

Back
Top Bottom