Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Get the cricket on - history in the making!

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hands down the best test innings I’ve ever seen! Arise Sir Ben Stokes!

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible innings from Stokes

Masterful and in total control (except for that bad lbw decision from Lyon's last over)

Thrilling stuff

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The most remarkable chase in Cricket history. That was unforgettable.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable. So soon after his innings in the WC final too.

Having Stokes plumb LBW and the Aussies having no reviews left made it that extra bit special. ;)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You couldn't write that in a fictional context without being laughed at.

Utterly preposterous.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always great seeing unhappy Aussie sportsmen, but sadly cricket is not game I have ever taken too

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brilliant from Stokes, and Leach did his bit in staying with him. One of the most successful chases of all time. Hats of to both of them.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I bet Lyon is kicking himself for that fumble .Credit to the Aussies (just) for the way they congratulated Stokes .Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin .

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
image.png

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic run chase. Put it on when we needed 100+ and was totally engrossed watching the end.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable. So soon after his innings in the WC final too.

Having Stokes plumb LBW and the Aussies having no reviews left made it that extra bit special. ;)

I can’t believe they reviewed that LBW on Leach. I reckon the square leg umpire could have told them it pitched outside leg. Shows how important it is to be tactical with you reviews, even at the death.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t believe they reviewed that LBW on Leach. I reckon the square leg umpire could have told them it pitched outside leg. Shows how important it is to be tactical with you reviews, even at the death.
incredible how it all unfolded wasn't it, if they'd kept their last review they would have won the Ashes!

and that Lyon fumble makes up for all his gloating when Australia are on top hehe

but as mentioned above good to see the Aussies shaking Stokes's hand at the end

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So glad I didn’t drive up to Wolves today - I am cream crackered after Turin and have already driven up from Essex 3 times this season plus Leicester. I watched every ball and just watched the highlights and still can’t believe it.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
incredible how it all unfolded wasn't it, if they'd kept their last review they would have won the Ashes!

and that Lyon fumble makes up for all his gloating when Australia are on top hehe

but as mentioned above good to see the Aussies shaking Stokes's hand at the end

We all know the Aussies are arrogant and will give you some when they are on top; but generally they always play the game in the right spirit. I think that was why the ball tampering was such a shock and why it is still given so much attention. Du Plessis for SA for example has been caught ball tampering twice and no one cares; he hasn’t even been banned.

I like listening to people like Glenn McGrath as a pundit. He gives it large saying Australia will win 5-0, but you can see that is just banter to get to the ‘Poms’. His analysis is usually very good and he seems to have a laugh in the commentary box. Same with guys like Ponting and Warne who are always willing to give the opposition credit when it’s due.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is so true. They completely wasted a review and thus I have no sympathy for them when they found they had none left.
Leach was a leech. He clung on and wasn't going to be removed. Stokes was brilliant, not only for his batting, but the way he managed Leach. Today was truly memorable.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
First time in my whole life i havent been in my seat for KO , stayed in the George Wallace to watch, just incredible, obvious queues to get into Steve Bull, didnt gt to my seat till 51seconds after ko, as other have said Ben Stokes SPOTY , may as well give it him now

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I followed it on the radio as I refuse to pay Sky the prices they charge. More importantly a generation of potential cricket fans may also have missed out on one of the greatest tests of all time.

Ashes tests should be on terrestrial television.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I followed it on the radio as I refuse to pay Sky the prices they charge. More importantly a generation of potential cricket fans may also have missed out on one of the greatest tests of all time.

Ashes tests should be on terrestrial television.
But where could they put them mate ?The Beeb is the natural home but they don’t have the channels .Under the red button would limit access too .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But where could they put them mate ?The Beeb is the natural home but they don’t have the channels .Under the red button would limit access too .

Why would it limit access. It would be free to view. I know it won't happen because of the greed of Sky, and that is the great pity.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Why would it limit access. It would be free to view. I know it won't happen because of the greed of Sky, and that is the great pity.
The Beeb have said when they push events under the red button many don’t bother because they are unaware they can access it -even in this day and age .

Back
Top Bottom